• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because everyone knows your angle. You have made your disdain for Brady very very public.

Don't say you haven't either.

There's nothing wrong with that. I hate Peyton Manning. Look at his record against the Texans and you'll see why.

I'm just not going to deny all he has done just because it pisses me off how many times he has kicked Houston's ass.

You're obviosuly new to the discussion.

I downright LIKE Brady!

I've said that about 50 times now.

You can't help but envy his life (what dude doesn't support THAT?!) and he seems amazingly down-to-earth and genuine. Other than the on-field antics with dressing down refs when he gets touched and berating teammates, I like the dude. Allot.

If I "hated" Brady like you hate Manning, I'd sure as hell tell you.

But I don't.

So you're wrong. :suds:

I'll stop asking my question when someone answers it. There must be a simple answer. :noidea:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how you Brady fanboys would act if someone said something so silly about him. We'd have to do CPR on about half of you.

The networks dont unless an occasional off the wall outfit he wears. We hear it all, Cindy Brady, he wears a skirt, Giselle wears the pants in the family. I think Peyton is great first round hall of famer and 2nd best in this generation. I just cant stand watching him play, grabbing his players to move them like little kids, omaha omaha and look on face when ball not caught. I used to hate when Nomar would restrap his gloves ten times at bats when he played for sox. I like big papi, just spits on glove and goes to work.
Again I dont care people mocking Brady's masculinity etc but guy gets up and reads defense and throws the ball

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jealousy is the greatest form of flattery.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're obviosuly new to the discussion.

I downright LIKE Brady!

I've said that about 50 times now.

You can't help but envy his life (what dude doesn't support THAT?!) and he seems amazingly down-to-earth and genuine. Other than the on-field antics with dressing down refs when he gets touched and berating teammates, I like the dude. Allot.

If I "hated" Brady like you hate Manning, I'd sure as hell tell you.

But I don't.

So you're wrong. :suds:

I'll stop asking my question when someone answers it. There must be a simple answer. :noidea:

The simple answer to why they haven't won a Super Bowl in 10 years is ....

winning a Super Bowl ain't easy! Especially for former dynasties. Look at how long it took the Steelers to win one after 79. 49ers are still looking for their first since 94. Cowboys only have two playoff wins since their last Super Bowl win.

That's what makes the NFL so awesome. You don't have the same team winning it every year. Or same two or three.

The same reason why we have seen teams three-peat in the World Series, three-peat in the NBA Finals....

but never in the Super Bowl.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The simple answer to why they haven't won a Super Bowl in 10 years is ....

winning a Super Bowl ain't easy! Especially for former dynasties. Look at how long it took the Steelers to win one after 79. 49ers are still looking for their first since 94. Cowboys only have two playoff wins since their last Super Bowl win.

That's what makes the NFL so awesome. You don't have the same team winning it every year. Or same two or three.

The same reason why we have seen teams three-peat in the World Series, three-peat in the NBA Finals....

but never in the Super Bowl.

Okay, so then we'll settle on that answer.

Pats fans shout from the rooftops that they're a notch better, the best of our generation.

But when asked "Why haven't you won a Super Bowl in forever?" we're going to go with...

"Because it's difficult."

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lool @ that 06 playoff game the pats defense was old, injured, and all their longtime veterans were retiring at the end of their careers. denver has not been a threat to ne for pretty much the entire 2000's decade. the steelers and colts were, with the titans even being more of a threat than denver. denver only beat the pats alot because mike shannahan popped a boner to play against bb everytime.

Reche Caldwell.
Hit in the numbers, in the endzone...Twice.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jealous of who Peyton ? Tom is 10-4 vs him. Pats spotted them quick 17 points cause of turnovers and down 24-0 at half. I still wasnt worrried. Pats score 31 straight points and Peyton curled into his fetal position. I am jealous of Peytons $$$$ esp with endoresments. Papa John better pizza better ingriedients

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Denver has made tons of changes since Brady started playing. Doesn't change the fact that for whatever reason he has not had a lot of success in Denver.

Just look at the qb's he beat: Danny Kanell and Tim Tebow. The next game he wins in Denver will be the first one against a real qb. He even lost to Kyle Freaking Orton.

I don't know what it is, but he hasn't had success in Denver.

Brady beat both Danny and Tim???
Interceptions? Sacks? How? Was Tom really playing defense too? I don't remember that.
Must have been Danny and Tim that were playing both sides of the ball in order for Tom to beat them.
That explains alot. Only when Denver QB's are forced to play all offensive and defensive downs is Tom able to eke out a win.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Greg Maddux isn't very good - he only won 1 World Series and he got lit up a few times by the Cardinals" - Hammerlogic

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pats fans shout from the rooftops that they're a notch better, the best of our generation.

But when asked "Why haven't you won a Super Bowl in forever?" we're going to go with...

That's exactly right. If it was easy, Houston and Tennessee would have won one by now.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A Houston fan is a Pats fan?, maybe respect and understands the game. I started watching Pats in 1970 and saw some hideous teams, 1 and 2 win seasons. They were the doormats and irrelevant. I was in awe of the 70 steelers because what they did. In 80's had the one years where they went to the 85SB only to get mauled by the Bears. I was in awe of the 49;s that decade. In 90's again very mediocare with the 97 year getting whooped by GB and Desmond ripping us one. I went to the first 3 Bills SB's because Im a fan. And finally when Bledsoe goes down, it was like the Bulls drafting Michael Jordan rest is history. Dont hate but enjoy the game

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Brady. 0 TDs against the Colts :laugh3:

I figured there wouldn't be as much trolling here. ESPN was a trolls breeding ground. Well, now that I think about it; it was probably 3 or 4 people with tons of alternate accounts talking to each other.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jealous of who Peyton ? Tom is 10-4 vs him. Pats spotted them quick 17 points cause of turnovers and down 24-0 at half. I still wasnt worrried. Pats score 31 straight points and Peyton curled into his fetal position. I am jealous of Peytons $$$$ esp with endoresments. Papa John better pizza better ingriedients

Funny, that's not how I remember it. I remember Manning driving the Broncos down the field and tying the game, and I remember Brady doing nothing in overtime. In fact, after the Broncos tied it, the Patriots picked up 2 first downs on 3 possessions. If it wasn't for the botched punt by Denver (which of course had nothing to do with Manning or Brady), the Patriots probably either tie or lose.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady beat both Danny and Tim???
Interceptions? Sacks? How? Was Tom really playing defense too? I don't remember that.
Must have been Danny and Tim that were playing both sides of the ball in order for Tom to beat them.
That explains alot. Only when Denver QB's are forced to play all offensive and defensive downs is Tom able to eke out a win.

Hey, here's a guy who completely misses the point!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But an accurate one. The division has not been good, especially the last 3 years. Since Brady took over in 2001, the AFC East has had 13 teams finish with winning records, excluding the Patriots. Interestingly, the division was best from 2001-2004 when the Patriots were winning Super Bowls: the AFC East had 7 teams finish with winning records in that span. But since 2005, the AFC East has only had 6 non-Patriots teams finish with winning records. The last was the 11-5 Jets in 2010.

Is it that the division sucks and that makes the Pats look good? Or could it be that they are that good and make the rest of the division look bad.
Has Cincy ever had a sucky season? or is it that Pittsburgh and Baltimore have just been better organizations. Cleveland?? Never sucked?
Jacksonville?
Tennessee been in the playoffs every year?
Houston?
Oakland?
KC?

C'mon man.

Last edited by a moderator:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, that's not how I remember it. I remember Manning driving the Broncos down the field and tying the game, and I remember Brady doing nothing in overtime. In fact, after the Broncos tied it, the Patriots picked up 2 first downs on 3 possessions. If it wasn't for the botched punt by Denver (which of course had nothing to do with Manning or Brady), the Patriots probably either tie or lose.

I agree 100% with you, could have gone either way, but to squander the 24 point lead is tough. He went to sleep mode untill that last drive. I dont think he had 100 yards till then. Put the peddle to the medal. With the greatest offense in history, that game was a sin. Should have never lost that, because if Pats dont screw the pooch vs Miami they would have had HFA

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats really #2 in scoring? I didn't know that, that is amazing.

He's wrong, but barely. The Pats were #3 in scoring. The Bears outscored them by a single point (445 to 444).

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree 100% with you, could have gone either way, but to squander the 24 point lead is tough. He went to sleep mode untill that last drive. I dont think he had 100 yards till then. Put the peddle to the medal. With the greatest offense in history, that game was a sin. Should have never lost that, because if Pats dont screw the pooch vs Miami they would have had HFA

I agree blowing that lead was inexcusable. Can't happen.