• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeh, because Denver has not had any changes at GM, HC, QB or any other shill position since Brady started visiting there with the Patriots...

Must be the mascot has Brady pegged.

Of course Denver has made tons of changes since Brady started playing. Doesn't change the fact that for whatever reason he has not had a lot of success in Denver.

Just look at the qb's he beat: Danny Kanell and Tim Tebow. The next game he wins in Denver will be the first one against a real qb. He even lost to Kyle Freaking Orton.

I don't know what it is, but he hasn't had success in Denver.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only reason the pats lost to denver is because they had mike shannahan and he played his sb against bb cuz he idolizes bb. the broncos were never a top team, the pats were concerned with the steelers and colts. broncos got their rocks off beating the pats, thats the best they could do cuz they werent in contention for sb's.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do the Pats play the Broncos?

Usually in NE. Last year, this year and next year all in NE.

Because they lose when they play in Denver.

Denver was the only team Brady had a losing record again, well till Tebow and Manning got there

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of teams lose in Den...so what the big deal?? Home teams are suppose to win home games. That is why they call it home field advantage!!!! Why do I look at these threads.....

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing that Denver has played him well.

But the implication hammer is making that having a losing road record against a total of two teams means he's not a hell of a QB is laughable.

JDM who'is the other team, I thought it was Broncos ?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina, per the OP. I didn't look it up myself, but if there were more they would have included them over a 4-4 record at Miami.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not disagreeing that Denver has played him well.

But the implication hammer is making that having a losing road record against a total of two teams means he's not a hell of a QB is laughable.

Huh? :scratch:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina, per the OP. I didn't look it up myself, but if there were more they would have included them over a 4-4 record at Miami.

Even at Foxborough Denver was the only team he struggled against, even with McDaniels as head coach. Well untill 2010 that is.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only reason the pats lost to denver is because they had mike shannahan and he played his sb against bb cuz he idolizes bb. the broncos were never a top team, the pats were concerned with the steelers and colts. broncos got their rocks off beating the pats, thats the best they could do cuz they werent in contention for sb's.

So you're saying the Pats overlooked the Broncos because they didn't believe the Broncos were a Super Bowl contender? Wow, you really don't think very highly of Belichick, do you? :suds:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying the Pats overlooked the Broncos because they didn't believe the Broncos were a Super Bowl contender? Wow, you really don't think very highly of Belichick, do you? :suds:

Were they?

Please don't take briz seriously, but you can't play dominant football every week. You get your team up for division games and teams that will be in contention, both for tie-breakers and confidence if you meet in the playoffs. I'd rather lose a stinker to a bad team on occasion than get beat handily by a better team, as a coach. It's a much more coachable moment and the games against good teams you want a more accurate measuring stick.

This is why you play up to good teams and occasionally have a let-down against one you shouldn't.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that-don-t-make-no-sense-o.gif

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were they?

Please don't take briz seriously, but you can't play dominant football every week. You get your team up for division games and teams that will be in contention, both for tie-breakers and confidence if you meet in the playoffs. I'd rather lose a stinker to a bad team on occasion than get beat handily by a better team, as a coach. It's a much more coachable moment and the games against good teams you want a more accurate measuring stick.

This is why you play up to good teams and occasionally have a let-down against one you shouldn't.

I wasn't taking him seriously, that's why I made mention of him not thinking highly of Belichick since the Patriots were overlooking the Broncos (according to him).

If you're asking if the Broncos were Super Bowl contenders, yes they were and I think it's pretty dumb to argue otherwise. They won 13 games that year and had the second best record in the AFC. They hosted the AFC Championship game. If you're 60 minutes away from playing in the Super Bowl, how can you not be considered a Super Bowl contender?

The Patriots didn't lose that game because they overlooked the Broncos, they lost that game because the Broncos were the better team that year. They beat the Patriots twice that season and ended their chance at a 3-peat. The Broncos won 3 more games than the Patriots that year. They were just better.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wrong, its cause Denver keeps losing in NE, that is why they played in NE the past few seasons...Den can't win in NE, and NE can't win in Den..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briz is there any team in the NFL that when they play the Patriots they aren't playing their Super Bowl? I don't think I have seen you post about one team that has played the Patriots that you haven't made some comment like that. I'm sorry but not everybody idolizes the Patriots quite like you do. The awe of the Patriots keeps disappearing with every year that they don't win a Super Bowl. Yes in the early 2000's they were the team to beat and they are still one of the top teams in the NFL and will be as long as BB and TB are in the house but the fear factor has definitely disappeared.

Now as for Brady's record in Denver who knows why he struggles some in Denver. The main game that comes to mind is the playoff game where the Broncos gave TB his first playoff loss. I can't see that as being a game the Patriots overlooked the Broncos as it was playoff football and the Broncos had the better record. Now as for the upcoming one I have no clue what to expect other than it being a good game. Both teams have been the class of the AFC at least for the last couple of years and good to see the two of them survive to this point.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton > Brady.

Broncos blow the doors off New England in Denver.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and no :thumb:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't. Already have one with a Seahawks fan on which team finishes with more wins.