• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the basis of NFL popularity... 12 month/year soap opera. Superbowl, FA Signings, Draft, Training Camp... and all the cirmes in between

This whole thing happened at about the worst time media wise as well with the NFL. When there is nothing else to talk about to try and help take some of the gas away from the fire then they just keep piling it on until it becomes this huge phenomenon.

It truly has turned into a soap opera with players giving us their opinion on politics, religion, the economy, and everything else in between and their words being treated as if they are experts in any of those fields. Since when did we as football fans care about a player's religious or political views. I wish we could get back to the days of football players just being known as actual football players. Instant media has truly began to drag down something great.

As for the Patriots and this situation. I think they have handled this whole situation with complete class. They have shown that they will not tolerate this kind of behavior from any of their players even the great ones.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the Patriots and this situation. I think they have handled this whole situation with complete class. They have shown that they will not tolerate this kind of behavior from any of their players even the great ones.

Nonsense.

Pure class? Pure class is not holding a press conference to let everyone know that you did the right thing. You just do it.

Wow, so the Patriots won't tolerate a murderer. Yeah, extraordinary.

It's laughable how the Patriots (from Robert Kraft to the fans) stick their nose in the air and consider themselves just a little bit better than everyone else. They crave respect, adoration and they're shameless attention whores.

They they get attention.

"Why is everyone so obsessed with hating the Patriots?"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense.

Pure class? Pure class is not holding a press conference to let everyone know that you did the right thing. You just do it.

It's laughable how the Patriots (from Robert Kraft to the fans) stick their nose in the air and consider themselves just a little bit better than everyone else. They crave respect, adoration and they're shameless attention whores.

They they get attention.

Don't know if you actually looked but I am not a Patriots fan. Did you really expect that they would just sit back and say nothing about the situation? I'm sorry but you truly do just have a pure hatred for the Patriots that makes you blind to anything of actual truth.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if you actually looked but I am not a Patriots fan. Did you really expect that they would just sit back and say nothing about the situation? I'm sorry but you truly do just have a pure hatred for the Patriots that makes you blind to anything of actual truth.

I couldn't care less whether you're a Patriots fan or not. When you want to comment on the statements I made, let me know. I disregard deflective fluff.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Kraft should be a recluse, suicidal on heavy doses of depression pills right now and near death with a broken heart and NOT giving into his God given manhood (his penis) by hanging out with younger hot chicks. The nerve of this guy!

GO PATRIOTS! :yahoo:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less whether you're a Patriots fan or not. When you want to comment on the statements I made, let me know. I disregard deflective fluff.

I did respond. I asked did you really expect that they could get away with saying nothing to the press on the matter? Do you understand how our society functions these days? The media has been camped out asking day in and day out for any kind of information from the organization on this matter. It is better for them to just go ahead and speak it now and hope that some of the questions calm down so they can focus on football.

This is exactly what the Ravens did when the whole trial for Ray Lewis was going on in they held a press conference voiced what they could on the matter and then tried to move forward from there as an organization. That is exactly what the Patriots are doing. To think they could do anything else like completely ignoring the situation is just plain stupid.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least on this board, seems more people wanna blame Urban Meyer than Belichick anyways.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I heard a caller into ESPN radio last night saying Belichick has "blood on his hands." That was literally the most stupid thing I heard all day. And I live in Sacramento.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a caller into ESPN radio last night saying Belichick has "blood on his hands." That was literally the most stupid thing I heard all day. And I live in Sacramento.

An exaggeration. Just like Robert Kraft saying he was "duped" by "a most likable young man" when he knew for a fact that Aaron Hernandez was a violent criminal. Kraft should be held accountable for enabling this guy, as should Urban Meyer.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did respond. I asked did you really expect that they could get away with saying nothing to the press on the matter? Do you understand how our society functions these days? The media has been camped out asking day in and day out for any kind of information from the organization on this matter. It is better for them to just go ahead and speak it now and hope that some of the questions calm down so they can focus on football.

This is exactly what the Ravens did when the whole trial for Ray Lewis was going on in they held a press conference voiced what they could on the matter and then tried to move forward from there as an organization. That is exactly what the Patriots are doing. To think they could do anything else like completely ignoring the situation is just plain stupid.

Are we talking about the same thing here?

_1369324690.gif

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think the reaction has been pretty mild here. If we were back at espn a few of the well known suspects would be generating dozens of new screen names a day with each post getting more outrageous as the day went along.

The fact of the matter is that Belichick handled the press conference about as well as anyone could have expected; I thought he was going to do his "we only talk about players that are at practice" stick. I usually don't mind that as most pats fans don't, but I do think this was a different situation and he really did step up to the plate.

For the guys that really hate BB and the pats, that made it all very much worse than they ever imagined.
meh.....I don't know about that. There's only so much that can be said at this time because Hernandez had been found neither guilty or not guilty. It was quite clear that Bill talked to someone before this presser to see what he could say since his exact words were....."I have been advised"

But he did say that it's on him as part of who gets drafted. I give him props for that.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who dares treat the Patriots the same as everyone else or hold them to conventional standards are "haters."

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if a few people out there hold the Patriots, Belichick, Florida, or Meyer responsible for Hernandez's actions. That is just stupid because he is a grown man and is responsible for his own poor decisions. If anything his college and professional teams gave him every opportunity to succeed and put his gang life behind him. Instead he chose to continue being a thug and for some crazy fucking reason he was involved in the murder of a friend/acquaintance.

I also don't think they addressed the situation with the media as a way to bring attention to themselves, I think they had to do that because its a media circus and I don't think anyone would have settled for a written statement, they wanted to hear from the face of the team and if the Patriots didn't give the media what they wanted they would have hounded the team during training camp about Hernandez instead of focusing on camp itself.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense.

They they get attention.

It's a significant event and your organization is involved. If you don't address it at least once you will never hear a question about anything else (except maybe Tebow) the entire season. Are you proposing they act like nothing happened?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a significant event and your organization is involved. If you don't address it at least once you will never hear a question about anything else (except maybe Tebow) the entire season. Are you proposing they act like nothing happened?

I am specifically referring to Sir. Robert Kraft's "we did the right thing" statement immediately after the release of Hernandez. Hell, even the Boston-centric CBS daily thread guys were throwing rotten tomatoes at St. Robert for that shameless, tasteless spew. Completely inappropriate and classless to paint the Patriots as the victims and not the man who died.

The Patriots release AH like all other teams would have without Robert Kraft's absurd, self-serving statement and the subsequent "duped" by "a most likable man" lie and there'd be much less criticism. As it is, they look awful and, as usual, classy Patriots fans are justifying it by pointing fingers at other teams.

"A Patriots player murdered a man in cold blood."

"Big Ben"

"Aaron Hernandez executed someone."

"Pacman"

"The Patriots knowingly drafted a violent criminal."

"Steve McNair had a girlfriend."

See, the Patriots are a notch above, just a tad bit better than everyone else. So you dare hold them accountable for anything and you're a "hater."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am specifically referring to Sir. Robert Kraft's "we did the right thing" statement immediately after the release of Hernandez. Hell, even the Boston-centric CBS daily thread guys were throwing rotten tomatoes at St. Robert for that shameless, tasteless spew. Completely inappropriate and classless to paint the Patriots as the victims and not the man who died.

The Patriots release AH like all other teams would have without Robert Kraft's absurd, self-serving statement and the subsequent "duped" by "a most likable man" lie and there'd be much less criticism. As it is, they look awful and, as usual, classy Patriots fans are justifying it by pointing fingers at other teams.

"A Patriots player murdered a man in cold blood."

"Big Ben"

"Aaron Hernandez executed someone."

"Pacman"

"The Patriots knowingly drafted a violent criminal."

"Steve McNair had a girlfriend."

See, the Patriots are a notch above, just a tad bit better than everyone else. So you dare hold them accountable for anything and you're a "hater."

It is not a matter of holding them accountable. They did the right thing in releasing AH like you said just about every team would do that. Then they spoke to the media explaining their actions and said that it was the right thing to do in the circumstances. Just about every time I have heard them talk about the situation I have heard them say that their thoughts and prayers go out to the victim's family in this whole situation. You are just truly being a jerk in all of this. I hardly see you post anything on here except when it is to say how horrible the Patriots are as a team or an organization. Sheesh let it go. I don't blame Patriots' fans for getting a little defensive when somebody starts a thread titled "Pats are clearly the scumiest org in NFL."

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hardly see you post anything on here except when it is to say how horrible the Patriots are as a team or an organization. Sheesh let it go.

tatum_channing_laughing_hysterically-1508.gif

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the one question I want Beliecek to answer & I doubt he ever will.

Hernandez had 2 years left on his contract before he was given an extension. We all know every NFL team has investigates every player on their roster before they sign them. How could the organization tare up the final 2 years of his current contract & give him a new 5 year deal & not know anything about what happened in 2007 or 2012?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Patriots release AH like all other teams would have without Robert Kraft's absurd, self-serving statement and the subsequent "duped" by "a most likable man" lie and there'd be much less criticism. As it is, they look awful .

Just admit you hate the Patriots because they are awesome like everyone else who hates good teams. If I didn't know any better, I would think this comment was pulled from a Real House Wives script. You drive a motorcycle my man. Petty gossip shit doesn't really bother you. C'mon.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on, some Patriots fans brought up Steve McNair to Titans fans because they said something about Hernandez? What the fuck? I mean sure, they were both involved in a murder... but McNair was the victim, not the triggerman.