• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fix what?! According to Robert Kraft, AH was the driven fucking snow, man! "A most likable young man."

What am I missing?

You can find someone likable who has a troubled past.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bob-kraft-jay-z-06182013.jpg

What do mean she wasn't 18 your honor? Oh no. Duped again!!!

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just hard to envision the Patriots signing troublemakers when this is the organization's poster boy:

e04qxx.jpg

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Lewis: Work ethic makes Tom Brady “the greatest”:agree:

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Hernandez hurt an adult:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhnvB4KJbo4]Sins Of A Father - Rae Carruth - YouTube[/ame]

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a little desperate to pull out a Rae Carruth comparison.

For what it's worth though...I don't think any Patriots fan has to answer for the actions of Hernandez. It could have been a player on any roster in my mind. Hernandez certainly isn't a reflection on the Patriots' organization as whole. It's also not entirely the Patriots' fault at how the organization is portrayed as somehow perfect by the media.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a little desperate to pull out a Rae Carruth comparison.

For what it's worth though...I don't think any Patriots fan has to answer for the actions of Hernandez. It could have been a player on any roster in my mind. Hernandez certainly isn't a reflection on the Patriots' organization as whole. It's also not entirely the Patriots' fault at how the organization is portrayed as somehow perfect by the media.

Exactly how is it "desperate" to mention Carruth? Would you have prefered that I mentioned a number of other players on the ravens roster, past or present, that have backgrounds that would have made Hernandez look like a boyscout before the most recent charge?

The fact of the matter is no fan needs to "answer" for their players actions; if they did, we all would be pretty much in the same boat. Fans can hold teams accountable for how they confront problems when they arise. Any critic of the pats about this matter would have to point out to me how any team in the league would have or did handle a similar situation better. I am positive that a number of teams around the league wouldn't have handled it as well and I can provide numerous examples of the kind of latitude teams around the league provide players with on going problems that would never be tolerated by the pats.

The pats don't have a reputation for being perfect as you seem to think; they have a reputation for being better than most. I think the track record pretty much backs that up.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just hard to envision the Patriots signing troublemakers when this is the organization's poster boy:

e04qxx.jpg

Of course Ray Lewis is insensitive. Most murderers don't care much for the people they kill.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Ray Lewis is insensitive. Most murderers don't care much for the people they kill.

Great point. Well...except for the fact that Ray Lewis isn't a murderer. Don't let that get in the way of a "good" post though.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's the white suit? :noidea:

;) :suds:

Gone. That's part of the reason Ray was guilty of obstruction of justice. The bottom line with the case is the jury deemed it was justifiable homicide which is why Ray's two friends were found innocent. There was no murder, thus...no murderers. All that happened was two thugs brought guns to a knife fight and still got their asses handed to them.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.J. is innocent.

The two cases have nothing to do with one another except both people played in the NFL. The fact you would bring up OJ shows that you are simply uneducated about the Lewis case.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two cases have nothing to do with one another except both people played in the NFL. The fact you would bring up OJ shows that you are simply uneducated about the Lewis case.

Actually you're wrong. Did they or didn't they find blood from the victims in Lewis' limo?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you're wrong. Did they or didn't they find blood from the victims in Lewis' limo?

Yes. Two people were killed with knives. It's not far fetched to think there was blood. Do you just not understand the difference between murder and justifiable homicide? Did either Nicole Simpson or Goldman come at OJ with a gun?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Two people were killed with knives. It's not far fetched to think there was blood. Do you just not understand the difference between murder and justifiable homicide? Did either Nicole Simpson or Goldman come at OJ with a gun?

Who paid the price in the Lewis or friends murder trial? Who was held accountable?

USA TODAY

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point. Well...except for the fact that Ray Lewis isn't a murderer. Don't let that get in the way of a "good" post though.

Neither is OJ Simpson.

Technically.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who paid the price in the Lewis or friends murder trial? Who was held accountable?

USA TODAY

I'm not sure what you are asking, but all people involved on both sides should be held accountable in varying degrees. It was established by all evidence and witness testimony however, that Lollar and Baker were the instigators of what went down that night.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you are asking, but all people involved on both sides should be held accountable in varying degrees. It was established by all evidence and witness testimony however, that Lollar and Baker were the instigators of what went down that night.

No one was convicted. Ray Lewis was involved is all I can prove.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still remember the days of coaches like Rust and quarterbacks like Pagel. The Colts vs. the Pats were pretty much relegated to humor highlights.

Things have changed. I am somewhat envious of the Pats success, especially since a lot of came at the expense of my Colts. However, the past few years have been very exciting and I am grateful for the time we have been able to argue Manning vs. Brady. They will soon end.