• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Serena Williams" Thread

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena withdraws from Swedish Open!!

dang, dang, dang!!!

Women's tennis world No. 1 Serena Williams has withdrawn from next week's Swedish Open as she has yet to make a full recovery from a viral illness.

[+] Enlarge Steve Bardens/Getty ImagesSerena Williams withdrew from the Swedish Open because she is still "not feeling 100 percent."

The American was forced to pull out of her doubles match with her sister Venus at Wimbledon last week after struggling in the warm-up and requiring treatment from the doctor.
"This is of course a hard blow to the tournament," Swedish Open director Nina Wennerstrom said in a statement Thursday.
Williams decided to withdraw from the encounter following the third game after serving four successive double faults as she appeared to struggle with her vision.
Williams, who won the Swedish Open last year, said in a statement: "I have decided not to play in Bastad next week because I am still not at 100 percent. I want to be in top physical shape to compete and I expect to start training next week.
"I want to thank all of my fans in Sweden, and everyone associated with the Collector Swedish Open for their support and understanding. It was my favorite spot to play last year and I am deeply saddened I cannot return. But there is always next year, and believe me, I look forward to it."
Williams is next scheduled to play at the Bank of the West Classic in Stanford, Calif., which is scheduled for July 28-Aug. 3.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
double dang......this means I can't watch tennis TV for atleast 2 wks!!!!! Serena and Vika are the only ones worth watching!!! dang dang dang!!!!!!!!

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
double dang......this means I can't watch tennis TV for atleast 2 wks!!!!! Serena and Vika are the only ones worth watching!!! dang dang dang!!!!!!!!

Holy Alphabet Loving Tarantula, Batman! It's, it's DangMan!!:laugh3:

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double Dang, Dang, Dang. I was looking forward to seeing her on the court again.

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a viral illness about three weeks ago and I still feel slight effects of it. It sent me to bed for a day and a half. Had dizziness, stomach problems and some nausea. No fun indeed. I know the feeling and it is not good, and there's nothing you can do about it. You have to let it run its course which is a slow recuperating process. Hope Serena feels good enough to play soon. Tennis is not the same without her.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double Dang, Dang, Dang. I was looking forward to seeing her on the court again.

I like you sport! There are some on this board that I don't even respect!!!! I like you!!!! Some haters can't help themselves! I too am looking forward to seeing our girl come back BETTER!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like you sport! There are some on this board that I don't even respect!!!! I like you!!!! Some haters can't help themselves! I too am looking forward to seeing our girl come back BETTER!

You mean you like someone that agrees with you, but don't respect "haters" because they don't agree with you? That's shocking to me in the most epic of proportions.

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like you too Simtast. You don't show hate on this board. I have always respected people regardless of many things associated with them, and was taught by my parents to not hate under any circumstances. I don't particularly like some players attitude, etc, but I don't hate them because of it. That's why I don't post mean things about anyone. We weren't allowed to call anyone a name other than their own. Now you are getting criticized for liking me because I am fair as you are toward the players. Wow, that's strange. I met Serena once and she was the sweetest person. I sat across from Serena and Venus and Serena was waving at me. When I got up to leave she waved again. Venus was not facing me at the table and I did not have any contact with her, but Serena was very gracious. And another thing, she was not as big off camera.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like you too Simtast. You don't show hate on this board. I have always respected people regardless of many things associated with them, and was taught by my parents to not hate under any circumstances. I don't particularly like some players attitude, etc, but I don't hate them because of it. That's why I don't post mean things about anyone. We weren't allowed to call anyone a name other than their own. Now you are getting criticized for liking me because I am fair as you are toward the players. Wow, that's strange. I met Serena once and she was the sweetest person. I sat across from Serena and Venus and Serena was waving at me. When I got up to leave she waved again. Venus was not facing me at the table and I did not have any contact with her, but Serena was very gracious. And another thing, she was not as big off camera.

GET A ROOM!

:kiss:

:gossip:

:bj:

sportingly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GET A ROOM!

:kiss:

:gossip:

:bj:
What, "Get a Room" because you agree with another poster? What a lack of respect to tell me that. I am an old woman who are probably old enough to be your grandmother. I got on this board because I love the game of tennis. I can agree with others who show respect for the game and the players. Who are you to tell someone who they can agree with? That's not what this board is for. You don't know anything about me. Why are you turning this into to something sexual with kissy faces, etc. Listen, if I want to go into a room it would be to pray for you that you would learn some respect for people. I come from a good respectful family and I raised my five children to do the same. When you post on this board you don't know who you are making smart comments to. Why did you come in this thread anyway? Those figures you posted are so disrespectul to me. You need to learn some respect. Now you take this the way you want to take and that's all good for yourself, but you don't need to post anything to anyone and not know them personally.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go away, moron

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grossefavourite, I think your time here is coming to an end.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't they just leave Serena alone?

Last time we saw Serena Williams, in the second round of the women's doubles at Wimbledon, she looked as if she had just taken a ride on the Tilt-A-Whirl. The weaving and wobbling from the No. 1 player in the world was both baffling and frightening.
Williams, who blamed the incident on a "viral illness," will play on Wednesday night for the first time since pulling out of that Wimbledon match on July 1. "I am heartbroken I'm not able to continue in the tournament ..." Serena said in a statement after the match. "But this bug just got the best of me."
Here are 10 questions we'd like answered before she takes the court at the Bank of the West Classic at Stanford University.
1. What, exactly, happened at Wimbledon?

The No. 1 player in the world and the owner of 17 major titles could scarcely bounce and catch the ball, let alone get her serve over the net. She whiffed, she wavered, she double-faulted on all four of her service points before defaulting while trailing 3-0. So what caused that? And please don't stop at "viral illness."
2. Did the symptoms come on suddenly?

Many people have wondered how Williams made it onto the court in the first place. Where was her support system? Why didn't her doubles partner and sister, Venus, step up? And why, after she made her way onto the court and was obviously not right during warm-ups, did she even attempt to play?
3. Had Serena taken any medication for her illness before taking the court?

Look no further than your own medicine cabinet and you'll probably find bottles with warning labels that contain words like "dizziness" and "drowsiness." An adverse reaction to medication is certainly one plausible explanation for Serena's inability to play.
4. Was Serena drug-tested after the match? If so, what were the results?

The International Tennis Federation is in charge of drug testing at Grand Slam tournaments. The organization will not discuss specific cases but does say that "samples are collected on both a random and targeted basis. There is no rule which specifies when a player may [or may not] be tested."
5. What did Venus say to Serena after the match?

It was hard to read Venus' reaction as Serena was bouncing serves into the net and floating them well beyond the service box, but it must have been both scary and frustrating for her, as well. The best chance for Venus to add to her Grand Slam haul is with Serena in doubles, so it had to be a bummer to see another chance come and go.
6. Was Serena feeling ill during her third-round singles loss to Alize Cornet?

The woman known for her fierce competitiveness looked tentative during her 1-6, 6-3, 6-4 loss to the No. 25 player in the world, and her shots seemed to lack the bite they normally deliver. She admitted afterward to not really knowing what happened after coming into the tournament feeling well prepared. "Right now, I don't really know what I did wrong," she said after the match. "Usually, I do."
7. What's going on with Serena and coach Patrick Mouratoglou?

my Lord....leave the girl ALONE!!!!! Even the best in the world have "BAD DAYS"!!!! She is still # 1 and will be for a looooooong time!! She will bounce back!!!!!!......ok haters.....start saying your nonsense....I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS!!!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever you get the calls to leave whoever alone ...it's basically proof they had it coming.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave [strike]Britney[/strike] Serena alone!:bawling:

iu

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that guy's been getting a lot of shit lately...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big Williams sisters fan because I like tennis.

They've been pretty much the only thing that's made women's tennis watchable for over a decade.

Simstat and other Williams fanatics have to understand that this board is mostly male, and most males in the US don't even know how to score tennis, much less follow it.

They like the sex moans/shrieks and skirts the girls wear, and that's about it.

Starting threads like this is always going to attract negative comments from casual tennis fans...well, and hs. lol.