• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial North Dakota State thread

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Dakota State has to go with them, they won't leave without them

I wouldn't mind them joining the Mountain West, we'd get a fantastic program in North Dakota State and a team that's at least better than Kansas in South Dakota State

October 17, 2015, in Fargo. My U. of South Dakota Coyotes defeat NDSU 24-21 and should have beaten SDSU later in the year. 'Yotes are improving, but still have a way

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that time again folks

Just as I went to bump this thread North Dakota State scored a TD to take a 7-3 lead

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say, at what point do they move up?
Never if they are smart.

Georgia Southern used to be a great football dynasty....then they moved up.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that time again folks

Just as I went to bump this thread North Dakota State scored a TD to take a 7-3 lead

Ha - I made a GDT for this game. Figured there would be interest since there isn't much football today.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never if they are smart.

Georgia Southern actually elevated their program to a much higher level at first when they moved up

their AD idiotically put unneeded pressure on a really good coach they had so that coach bolted for Tulane and to top of it their AD made a horrific hire by hiring a non-option coach for a program that's been traditionally an option program

They can make it back

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never if they are smart.

If North Dakota State could build a bigger dome they could do well at the top level, they have a good brand already and they're the state's team, North Dakota isn't the most populated state obviously but the people there are passionate about this program and will still fill up an even bigger stadium because there's nothing else to do in that state

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia Southern actually elevated their program to a much higher level at first when they moved up

their AD idiotically put unneeded pressure on a really good coach they had so that coach bolted for Tulane and to top of it their AD made a horrific hire by hiring a non-option coach for a program that's been traditionally an option program

They can make it back

Maybe, but I just don't know why schools who are successful at the FCS level feel the need to move up. App State, Southern, and co would all be better off being down in the FCS and being very competitive.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha - I made a GDT for this game. Figured there would be interest since there isn't much football today.

Good call, I enjoy bumping this thread during playoff time

there's a North Dakota State fan here that bumps it from time to time

They've won 5 FCS titles since I started this thing LOL

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but I just don't know why schools who are successful at the FCS level feel the need to move up. App State, Southern, and co would all be better off being down in the FCS and being very competitive.

Appalachian State is making more money than ever since moving up and now they're a solid top level group of 5 program, they've also gotten to host Miami (Fl) last year and Wake Forest this year, opportunities that didn't exist at the FCS level where they would always have to travel to play those teams

It's a good move when you can pull it off

I definitely wonder why a program like UMass decided to move up, it was a mistake for them

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNA gets to play these guys next September.

We'll get mercilessly curb-stomped, but prefer to start off our FCS era against the best.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNA gets to play these guys next September.

We'll get mercilessly curb-stomped, but prefer to start off our FCS era against the best.

That's a tough one for sure

North Dakota State has won their last 6 against FBS competition, most of those power 5 schools...that is ridiculous when you're talking about a FCS school

It's so bad FBS opponents aren't even scheduling them anymore

they don't have another one til they play Oregon in 2020

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NDSU will never move up.

It took them forever to go from Div II to 1-AA. They're just like Montana.
Montana had an offer to join the old WAC a few years back...thought about it
and refused to move up.

Those states just don't have the bodies to fill out a team. Plus where do they go?
They're not going to get into a P5 league so why move. MWC or the MAC are their
only possibilities and then they would have to fly everywhere. They'd lose their ass.

They are still Div 1 in all the other sports, along with everyone else in either the MVC
or the Big Sky. Them and Montana and the two schools in SDak are their States Universities.
There are no FBS schools up there. The both play in leagues where they can bus to the
majority of their games. They're better off staying where they are.

That's why Idaho moved back to 1-AA. They'll be in the Big Sky next year and can drive
to EWU, Mont, Mont St, Idaho St, Weber St. Those schools just know who they are and survive
like that.

NDSU is a machine.