• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFC East Thread v. 1.0

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reported for anti-cowboy trolling.

Oh..I'm sorry for stating an opinion that I believe to be realistic. :lol:
Given their defense was not just bad last year but 'historically' bad and not seeing any upgrade to it, yes, last place it is. And given their schedule 5-11 should be about as good as it gets. I don't sugarcoat that mess in Arlington like others do.

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niiiiiiiice try DyhArd...lmao

DJax will stretch the field for the skins offense and open up coverage on other options for Griff. If he does that alone, I will be thrilled. Our leading go to guy is Garçon and should/will remain so. Roberts and Reed will both benefit from having Desean in the line up. That's how he will help... Hopefully :hope:

IMO DeSean is the best deep threat in the game. But he does have a history of disappearing in the red zone and in the postseason. So it all comes down to how he's used. Problem is that because he's a multi-million dollar star player, he tends to get playing time during situations that he probably shouldn't.

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh..I'm sorry for stating an opinion that I believe to be realistic. :lol:
Given their defense was not just bad last year but 'historically' bad and not seeing any upgrade to it, yes, last place it is. And given their schedule 5-11 should be about as good as it gets. I don't sugarcoat that mess in Arlington like others do.

Dallas parted ways with their best two pass rushers - DeMarcus Ware and Jason Hatcher - from a defensive unit that ranked #25 in sacks.

To put that into further perspective, Ware and Hatcher totaled 17 of the Dallas Cowboys 34 sacks in 2013. The worst team in the league in that category totaled 31 sacks.

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas parted ways with their best two pass rushers - DeMarcus Ware and Jason Hatcher - from a defensive unit that ranked #25 in sacks.

To put that into further perspective, Ware and Hatcher totaled 17 of the Dallas Cowboys 34 sacks in 2013. The worst team in the league in that category totaled 31 sacks.

Not to mention the Cowboys didn't even fire their defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin. They simply swapped his role with defensive line coach Rod Marinelli.

I don't believe it's trolling to point out that there are no notable improvements worth mentioning on the Cowboys defense, that's just being realistic.

Personally, if the Eagles finished #32 in yards allowed and #26 in points allowed (like Dallas did last year) and then dumped their best two pass rushers in the off-season, I'd be ripping the team myself.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup..gonna be pretty sad. For some reason JJ thinks Marinelli is some savior. :wtf2:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the Cowboys didn't even fire their defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin. They simply swapped his role with defensive line coach Rod Marinelli.

I don't believe it's trolling to point out that there are no notable improvements worth mentioning on the Cowboys defense, that's just being realistic.

Personally, if the Eagles finished #32 in yards allowed and #26 in points allowed (like Dallas did last year) and then dumped their best two pass rushers in the off-season, I'd be ripping the team myself.

I get why Ware and Hatcher are gone. Ware was going to cost too much given the wear and tear on his body and Hatcher they just couldn't afford with their cap issues. What I didn't get is why with their first round pick they went o-line. :doh:

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why Ware and Hatcher are gone. Ware was going to cost too much given the wear and tear on his body and Hatcher they just couldn't afford with their cap issues. What I didn't get is why with their first round pick they went o-line. :doh:

Oh yeah... and Sean Lee is on IR. But now I just feel like I'm piling on.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah... and Sean Lee is on IR. But now I just feel like I'm piling on.

Just sad that a guy like that can't stay healthy. If you've ever heard him talk he is such an honest, straightforward guy. If healthy he is a beast.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-7 record should give you a legit chance to win the division going into week 17

Fact: For three straight seasons, the Cowboys have been 8-7 going into Week 17 with a chance to win the division. Seems like the Redskins, Giants and Eagles should start bribing NFL schedule makers.....highest bidder gets Dallas in Week 17 for the division title.

Crazy how that has turned out the last three seasons.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact: For three straight seasons, the Cowboys have been 8-7 going into Week 17 with a chance to win the division. Seems like the Redskins, Giants and Eagles should start bribing NFL schedule makers.....highest bidder gets Dallas in Week 17 for the division title.

Crazy how that has turned out the last three seasons.

that won't be the case this season. I'm not finding any silver lining in what they have put together on defense.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me sum it up.

The 2013 Dallas Cowboys defense was the worst defense in the history of the franchise. We start the 2014 season without arguable the best three players from that defense.

Yeah - I'm really optimistic.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me sum it up.

The 2013 Dallas Cowboys defense was the worst defense in the history of the franchise. We start the 2014 season without arguable the best three players from that defense.

Yeah - I'm really optimistic.

Morning there O! Yup..as I previously stated somewhere on here :-)lol: ) they lost their meat.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. Not in love with their off season moves but under Coughlin, every time you count them out they win another SB.

Yep

IMO DeSean is the best deep threat in the game. But he does have a history of disappearing in the red zone and in the postseason. So it all comes down to how he's used. Problem is that because he's a multi-million dollar star player, he tends to get playing time during situations that he probably shouldn't.

:agree: it will be interesting to see how Jay Gruden motivates and implements his offensive scheme fo sho :nod:

Just sad that a guy like that can't stay healthy. If you've ever heard him talk he is such an honest, straightforward guy. If healthy he is a beast.

Great player, obviously amazing intangibles when on the field and with his teammates, but damn that boy is snakebit...

Morning there O! Yup..as I previously stated somewhere on here :-)lol: ) they lost their meat.

Ya did nothing wrong, you were in the smack talk thread and gave an honest opinion. :suds:

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<clears throat... steps to the podium>

FAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

<goes back to coffee...>

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya did nothing wrong, you were in the smack talk thread and gave an honest opinion. :suds:[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That group can have that thread all to themselves. Don't give a fuck!:whistle:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman doesn't run his board like Dad does cali.......you know negative opinions aren't restricted to a smack talk thread only, and lets keep this accurate if we're going to jump in. Plano Texas's comment was not in the smack talk thread.

and since we're talking all truth and all. The cowboy board's problem isn't the word meat. The topic was players ratings by position ( BOTH sides of the ball) and Plano Texas questioned Dallas having talent to warrant ratings. That's how a whole lota Dallas folks read it....certainly not just me.

better point being made currently is about Otis not being thick skinned like he said he was when he introduced himself to the Dallas board. Then all of a sudden he's upset cause a buddy was called out?
Otis is right....he needs to stay on the porch

You guys have a nice day.