• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Derek Jeter Retirement Circus" Thread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will he play at Fenway this weekend or walk away at Yankee?

I say he plays. Would love to see The Captain drop his BA under .250

Splinter skipped the Bosox' final road trip after hitting a HR in his final Fenway at bat...that wasn't going to be his final ML at bat until he decided to quit early. Maybe Jetes will be more tempted to quit early if he does something fantastic in his last game in Yankee.
But, he'd probably still feel obligated to go to Boston to get his gifts. Maybe he'd go out on the field in jeans and a "JETER SUCKS...AROD BLOWS" tshirt he bought on Commonwealth for $5.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't he have a mansion around Tampa, too?
Shit, he probably has at least a dozen fantastic residences...

That wouldn't surprise me, he's made alotta cash during his career.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeter plays every day for 20 years.

People act surprised when the numbers add up.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing that I saw recently that blew me away was that Yaz is going to end up with not quite 600 more career games played than Jetes. Yaz was a starter at age 21 while Jetes was just having a cuppa coffee, and he played until he was 43 instead of 40. Yaz also never really had a year that was a complete washout due to injury...the strike year was the only season he was under 100 games.
I expected Rose to be way out in front of Jetes due to the player/manager thing, but Yaz surprised me.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. And I'm sure the kayak that the Rays gave him will come in very handy in New York City.

He has a massive mansion on an Island in Tampa Bay.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A SS with a lifetime 310 batting average is a rare thing. And in the playoffs:

158 games, batted 308 and hit 20 HR's.

7 World Series and a 320 BA.

Batting average doesn't add up, it is what it is

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You actually believe that qualifies him to be in the conversation about greatest MLB players in history.

That's how little you know baseball.

I'm amazed that Jeter sycophants are so willing to display their ignorance.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually believe that qualifies him to be in the conversation about greatest MLB players in history.

That's how little you know baseball.

I'm amazed that Jeter sycophants are so willing to display their ignorance.

You must have missed all my other posts. I clearly said he is not in the discussion as an all time great player. I can at least 5 Yankees off the top of my head better soI wouldn't put him in the discussion for the best player in the history of his own team

I just find the "He's an average player" thought just as stupid. He's a hall of famer but he's no Willie, Mantle, Joe D, Williams, Aaron, Clemente, Ruth, Gehrig, Robinson etc

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have missed all my other posts. I clearly said he is not in the discussion as an all time great player. I can at least 5 Yankees off the top of my head better soI wouldn't put him in the discussion for the best player in the history of his own team

I just find the "He's an average player" thought just as stupid. He's a hall of famer but he's no Willie, Mantle, Joe D, Williams, Aaron, Clemente, Ruth, Gehrig, Robinson etc

apologies, then

i didn't read your other posts

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apologies, then

i didn't read your other posts

No biggie. I honestly haven't seen anyone say he's one of the best ever. Maybe one of the best SS (When considering offenseive numbers) considering so many have to move to another position or have been tainted by PED's.

As far as the women he's nailed, I have to place him in the Mt Rushmore of getting ass however.

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No biggie. I honestly haven't seen anyone say he's one of the best ever. Maybe one of the best SS (When considering offenseive numbers) considering so many have to move to another position or have been tainted by PED's.

As far as the women he's nailed, I have to place him in the Mt Rushmore of getting ass however.

:agree:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks To All Of His Farewell Presents, Derek Jeter Will Have A Hefty Tax Bill

As Derek Jeter will soon find out, if there's drawback in receiving tons of expensive gifts this season, it's the considerable taxes that must be paid on these presents.

The retiring New York Yankees captain has been lavishly honored in each city he's visited this year, with everything from a $34,000 watch (courtesy of former teammate Robinson Cano) to a personalized bottle of Napa Valley wine (from the Oakland A's). All told, Jeter received about $33,000 worth of gifts from other teams. And that doesn't even count the items he's received from individuals like Cano.

Not surprisingly, Jeter got the best haul from the Yankees. On "Derek Jeter Day" at Yankee Stadium he received a $600 massage therapy machine, a 10-day trip to Italy and a custom-made Waterford Crystal.

According to Rob Raiola, a certified public accountant who specializes in sports and entertainment, those presents will come with a significant price. Raiola told Bloomberg News that he estimates Jeter may owe as much as $16,000 in taxes when it's all said and done.

While that's almost unthinkable for most of us, for Jeter that amounts to about two innings of work. The 40-year-old is earning $12 million this season.

Jeter hasn't said what he'll do with all of the gifts, but Raiola points out that he could avoid taxation if he rejects them. The donations made to Jeter's Turn 2 Foundation (including a $22,222 check from the New York Mets) are not taxable income.

Jeter has managed to avoid some taxation before, and his primary residence -- a 30,875 square foot mansion nicknamed "St. Jetersburg" -- is not coincidentally in the no-income-tax state of Florida.

Thanks To All Of His Farewell Presents, Derek Jeter Will Have A Hefty Tax Bill | ThePostGame

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,868.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks To All Of His Farewell Presents, Derek Jeter Will Have A Hefty Tax Bill

As Derek Jeter will soon find out, if there's drawback in receiving tons of expensive gifts this season, it's the considerable taxes that must be paid on these presents.

The retiring New York Yankees captain has been lavishly honored in each city he's visited this year, with everything from a $34,000 watch (courtesy of former teammate Robinson Cano) to a personalized bottle of Napa Valley wine (from the Oakland A's). All told, Jeter received about $33,000 worth of gifts from other teams. And that doesn't even count the items he's received from individuals like Cano.

Not surprisingly, Jeter got the best haul from the Yankees. On "Derek Jeter Day" at Yankee Stadium he received a $600 massage therapy machine, a 10-day trip to Italy and a custom-made Waterford Crystal.

According to Rob Raiola, a certified public accountant who specializes in sports and entertainment, those presents will come with a significant price. Raiola told Bloomberg News that he estimates Jeter may owe as much as $16,000 in taxes when it's all said and done.

While that's almost unthinkable for most of us, for Jeter that amounts to about two innings of work. The 40-year-old is earning $12 million this season.

Jeter hasn't said what he'll do with all of the gifts, but Raiola points out that he could avoid taxation if he rejects them. The donations made to Jeter's Turn 2 Foundation (including a $22,222 check from the New York Mets) are not taxable income.

Jeter has managed to avoid some taxation before, and his primary residence -- a 30,875 square foot mansion nicknamed "St. Jetersburg" -- is not coincidentally in the no-income-tax state of Florida.

Thanks To All Of His Farewell Presents, Derek Jeter Will Have A Hefty Tax Bill | ThePostGame

so r u a little soar since your a red sox fan and a yankee hater? he is one of the best to ever play this game. We may never see a guy play SS and the game in general the way he did

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may never see a guy play SS the way he did

lots of mediocre shortstops out there to see, actually.

he is one of the best to ever play this game.

"best ever" gets thrown around so easily and loosely by so many ny fans. it would take a lot of number massaging to even get him into the top 30-40 of all time for serious baseball fans. he's not even close to being the greatest yankee of all time, and certainly doesn't merit being mentioned in "best ever" territory when talking about baseball history.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excuse me but Jeter does not have a career .310 BA...it's only .309!:nod: