• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Auburn Superthread

Which matches up better against FSU? OSU or Auburn?

• Total voters

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Can you ever imagine a situation where USC is undefeated and not in the national championship game (assuming no NCAA sanctions of course)? My guess is no and that is the problem with ALL the above because it basically says because Oklahoma was higher ranked in the preseason polls and therefore they deserved the opportunity more. It's a crap argument.

Yes, I can picture that scenario. If the same thing happened as with Auburn and there were 2 BCS teams ranked ahead of USC at the start of the season, that also were unbeaten, I would not expect to jump either of them unless there was just an enormous difference in SOS. I understand that's how the system worked at the time and accept it.

Additionally, I can assure you that if something were to happen where LSU was forced to vacate the 2003 title, I would not be whining about how USC should be awarded the title. I also would be pissed off and embarrassed if USC tried to claim it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma wasn't better that's your opinion and your biased anyway because you hate both Auburn and Alabama (which is fine but be honest).

And you claiming Auburn was better is somehow NOT an opinion?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I can picture that scenario. If the same thing happened as with Auburn and there were 2 BCS teams ranked ahead of USC at the start of the season, that also were unbeaten, I would not expect to jump either of them unless there was just an enormous difference in SOS. I understand that's how the system worked at the time and accept it.

Additionally, I can assure you that if something were to happen where LSU was forced to vacate the 2003 title, I would not be whining about how USC should be awarded the title. I also would be pissed off and embarrassed if USC tried to claim it.

You won the AP and have a claim already I don't buy into the LSU crap that it's not a split championship. If there isn't a playoff in place and the system is going to screw teams splitting is only fair and I have no problem with that.

If you feel 2003 wasn't a national championship year for USC that's your prerogative but in my mind they won.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won the AP and have a claim already I don't buy into the LSU crap that it's not a split championship. If there isn't a playoff in place and the system is going to screw teams splitting is only fair and I have no problem with that.

If you feel 2003 wasn't a national championship year for USC that's your prerogative but in my mind they won.

USC was awarded the AP National Championship and I do accept that and am glad we claim it. However, LSU is the BCS National Champion and if they were to somehow lose that, I would not want it for USC. It would be claiming that we won a game that we didn't even play in.

It also assumes that we would have beaten either of the teams that did play in that game. Which we don't know because we didn't play them.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Barnbirds hadn't been dominated each of the previous 2 years by USC, including rolling over and playing dead at home in 2003, they might have an argument.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA vacates the wins but loses stand per rule:

Wikipedia:WikiProject College football/Vacated victories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That means Auburn was undefeated and Oklahoma wasn't however I don't care let us split it's not like the process isn't flawed anyway.

And? Auburn was not in the game, therefore Auburn was not the runner-up. What's so hard to understand?

If part of USC's sanctions had been to forfeit the game, the win and the title would have gone to Oklahoma. However, the games were vacated, so the win and resultant title goes to no one, including Auburn.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So according to AU logic, TCU fans should also be able to stake claim to the 2010 BCS title, since they went undefeated and were left out of the game, right?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5c62834b06e0e9e5f1cd44eb98425252.jpg

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma wasn't better that's your opinion and your biased anyway because you hate both Auburn and Alabama (which is fine but be honest).

Virgina Tech played both USC and Auburn that year. I saw enough out of both of those teams that year to know who was the best team in the country. I don't care about some bullshit scenario allowing auburn to sneak in the championship game because they would have destroyed auburn in the same manner they did Oklahoma, if not worse.

I find it funny that you think my auburn "hate" (that's also funny seeing as how bama fans think I'm an Auburn fan :laugh3:) makes my opinion null but yet your fandom doesn't discredit your opinion. :L. That's some great auburn logic there.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virgina Tech played both USC and Auburn that year. I saw enough out of both of those teams that year to know who was the best team in the country. I don't care about some bullshit scenario allowing auburn to sneak in the championship game because they would have destroyed auburn in the same manner they did Oklahoma, if not worse.

I find it funny that you think my auburn "hate" (that's also funny seeing as how bama fans think I'm an Auburn fan :laugh3:) makes my opinion null but yet your fandom doesn't discredit your opinion. :L. That's some great auburn logic there.

did you? VT led USC for nearly three quarters right? Auburn was up on VT 16-0 in the fourth quarter

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you? VT led USC for nearly three quarters right? Auburn was up on VT 16-0 in the fourth quarter

There's a lot of difference in playing a team in the first week of the season and the last. Auburn beat VT by two points in the same bowl season that auburn fans believe they deserved a shot at one of the best teams in the past 20 years. Auburn was a good team but not on USC's level. Rallying for a trophy just because some other team had to forfeit it is pathetic. Let it go. It's been 10 years.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of difference in playing a team in the first week of the season and the last. Auburn beat VT by two points in the same bowl season that auburn fans believe they deserved a shot at one of the best teams in the past 20 years. Auburn was a good team but not on USC's level. Rallying for a trophy just because some other team had to forfeit it is pathetic. Let it go. It's been 10 years.

Three points****

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
The odd thing is that VT had almost 80 more total yards than Auburn in the Sugar Bowl, but USC had almost a 80 more in their win against VT.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
The odd thing is that VT had almost 80 more total yards than Auburn in the Sugar Bowl, but USC had almost a 80 more in their win against VT.

There is no way anyone watches a significant amount of both auburn and USC that year and doesn't come to the conclusion that USC was significantly better. Delusions of grandeur.

Frank Beamer even said last year before the Alabama game that USC was the best team he ever coached against. And that's including numerous juggernaut Miami squads and FSU in the 99 national title.