• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are LSU and Florida legit or not?

Are LSU and Florida legit or not?

• Total voters

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU

I mean, their offense is going to take a giant shit in a meaningful game, aren't they? Burrows has surpassed 200 yards passing just 3 times (101st in the country total). Points for they are tied for 50th in the nation. 37th in rushing yards at 202 a game. 17th in PA at 16.9.

Notable Wins:
  • Miami at home by 16
  • Auburn on the road by 1
  • Ole Miss at home by 29
  • Georgia at home by 20
Losses:
  • Florida on the road by 8

Remaining games:
  1. Home Miss St
  2. Home Alabama
  3. Road Arkansas
  4. Home Rice
  5. Road TAMU
Is Coach O good enough to win the SEC and beat Saban? Will the defense be able to carry them through close games later on in the season, or will the offense have to step up?

Florida

While I would have no problem fielding a team with Joe Burrow at QB, Felipe Franks is a different story. That 56% completion percentage is ugly. In tight games (Kentucky, Miss St, LSU, Vandy) he has 5 TDs to 4 INTs. Florida is 92nd in passing yards, 43rd in rushing yards, 40th in points for, and 14th in points against.

Notable Wins:
  • Miss St on the road by 6
  • LSU at home by 8

Losses:
  • Kentucky at home by 11

Remaining games:
  1. Home Georgia
  2. Home Mizzou
  3. Home South Carolina
  4. Home Idaho
  5. Road FSU
Was the LSU win a fluke? Was the Kentucky loss a fluke? Can Mullen overcome a mediocre QB? Florida has a nice path to winning the East if they get by Georgia at home.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 legit? definitely LSU ... possibly Florida

Final 4 legit? eh, probably not unless LSU can somehow pull the upset against Bama. A 2-loss team that didn't make their conference championship game probably shouldn't be in the Final 4...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say this every damn year. It's college football, every team sucks. You can sit here and poke holes in ANY team in college football that you want. Because they are always flawed and usually in big ways. Not to mention being college kids etc.

So sit here and point out all the flaws, but the question will always in the end be this - Who are you going to put ahead of them? It's not an extremely long list that I can see.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU

I mean, their offense is going to take a giant shit in a meaningful game, aren't they? Burrows has surpassed 200 yards passing just 3 times (101st in the country total). Points for they are tied for 50th in the nation. 37th in rushing yards at 202 a game. 17th in PA at 16.9.

Notable Wins:
  • Miami at home by 16
  • Auburn on the road by 1
  • Ole Miss at home by 29
  • Georgia at home by 20
Losses:
  • Florida on the road by 8

Remaining games:
  1. Home Miss St
  2. Home Alabama
  3. Road Arkansas
  4. Home Rice
  5. Road TAMU
Is Coach O good enough to win the SEC and beat Saban? Will the defense be able to carry them through close games later on in the season, or will the offense have to step up?

Florida

While I would have no problem fielding a team with Joe Burrow at QB, Felipe Franks is a different story. That 56% completion percentage is ugly. In tight games (Kentucky, Miss St, LSU, Vandy) he has 5 TDs to 4 INTs. Florida is 92nd in passing yards, 43rd in rushing yards, 40th in points for, and 14th in points against.

Notable Wins:
  • Miss St on the road by 6
  • LSU at home by 8

Losses:
  • Kentucky at home by 11

Remaining games:
  1. Home Georgia
  2. Home Mizzou
  3. Home South Carolina
  4. Home Idaho
  5. Road FSU
Was the LSU win a fluke? Was the Kentucky loss a fluke? Can Mullen overcome a mediocre QB? Florida has a nice path to winning the East if they get by Georgia at home.
Legit title contenders? Both have a chance, but I don't expect either to make the playoffs.

Also Georgia isn't a home game for the Gators. Seats are 50-50.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legit title contenders? Both have a chance, but I don't expect either to make the playoffs.

Also Georgia isn't a home game for the Gators. Seats are 50-50.

Yeah, but the important thing is if they sleep in hotel beds or their own beds. Right @Across The Field ?

:lol:

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the important thing is if they sleep in hotel beds or their own beds. Right @Across The Field ?

:lol:
I'm pretty sure the teams stay in Jacksonville the night before. I could be wrong but I think that would actually be a benefit rather than travelling the same day.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the teams stay in Jacksonville the night before. I could be wrong but I think that would actually be a benefit rather than travelling the same day.

I was making fun of someone for claiming in another thread that the deciding factor in neutral site vs home game wasn't things like 50% seating, but rather if a team had to sleep in a different bed - because he has a hard time sleeping in hotel bed.

I think such things matter 0.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say this every damn year. It's college football, every team sucks. You can sit here and poke holes in ANY team in college football that you want. Because they are always flawed and usually in big ways. Not to mention being college kids etc.

So sit here and point out all the flaws, but the question will always in the end be this - Who are you going to put ahead of them? It's not an extremely long list that I can see.
No, the question is whether they are legit contenders

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your team has problems with scoring, you will still probably beat us.

Legits.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the question is whether they are legit contenders

They aren't the favorites for obvious reasons, but they seem like top teams for the moment.

:noidea:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutus doesn't care about LSU. Let's face it, Ohio State fans are just dreading the return of Florida to proper bowl contention...because Florida always beats them.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we've been really inconsistant and have shot ourselves in the foot with key drops and untimely penalties

legit? sure, no problem top 5ish? :noidea:

Florida? fuck 'em

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we've been really inconsistant and have shot ourselves in the foot with key drops and untimely penalties

Florida? fuck 'em

Haaa. I hope Bama is on 'ludes for your game so we can have the chance to rip yourn asses in Atlanta, again.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Florida? fuck 'em
LSU always loses games when ranked #5. At least they did last time :dhd:

Who you guys got coming up this week?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutus doesn't care about LSU. Let's face it, Ohio State fans are just dreading the return of Florida to proper bowl contention...because Florida always beats them.

On the surface this looks like an accomplishment, but then you realize: they've never beaten the Gamecocks, either

Truly a second-rate program

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the surface this looks like an accomplishment, but then you realize: they've never beaten the Gamecocks, either

Truly a second-rate program

Blah blah blah. OSUx fucking hates us...trust me.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was making fun of someone for claiming in another thread that the deciding factor in neutral site vs home game wasn't things like 50% seating, but rather if a team had to sleep in a different bed - because he has a hard time sleeping in hotel bed.

I think such things matter 0.

I'll differ there. Now, I don't think it affects every player. But I played ball at one point and had to travel. As someone who is extremely picky about his bedding, I definitely was below 100% the next day when I slept in a hotel. Especially when you share rooms and the other guy's a snorer. And many teams share beds, rather than just rooms. That could fuck with a lot of peoples' sleep. Now, I was not a star by any means, so it didn't matter how I felt. And many people can sleep in any circumstances. But think if the running back or QB wasn't 100% because of that. Or if 5 starters were like me were. I could absolutely see that being a factor in a neutral site/away game. That's why there's only a handful of hotels that are able to handle NFL teams each week, and everything has to be just right. The team's managers start researching in March and do several hour visits during the Spring to lock everything down. Players even eat the same meals every weekend, because they don't wan to risk something not sitting well and changing their playing capacity.

How An NFL Team Travels