• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Auburn Superthread

Which matches up better against FSU? OSU or Auburn?

• Total voters

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did understand my point, yes? Oh wait a minute, never mind, you got that Auburn avy logo excuse... :suds:

You should change your Avy.

Alabama has won some championships

but we always claim more than we do.

Put something like 18 or 19 around it with roses and stuff. It would be fantastic.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should change your Avy.

Alabama has won some championships

but we always claim more than we do.

Put something like 18 or 19 around it with roses and stuff. It would be fantastic.

That made absolutely no sense! But I am smart enough to realize you've stuck your smart ass comments smack in the middle of a rivalry you have no business in! As far as my avy goes...:wtf2: are you talking about?

Alabama has won some? Take the damn ones you want away and we're still kicking everyone's ass! However, I do find it curious that no one else has any questionable ones. :laugh3: Thank you for playing!

vandelay industries

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did understand my point, yes? Oh wait a minute, never mind, you got that Auburn avy logo excuse... :suds:

i got your point. there was actually a point in my response too, although it might not have been wrapped in a neat crimson bow for you.... :doh:

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That made absolutely no sense! But I am smart enough to realize you've stuck your smart ass comments smack in the middle of a rivalry you have no business in! As far as my avy goes...:wtf2: are you talking about?

Alabama has won some? Take the damn ones you want away and we're still kicking everyone's ass! However, I do find it curious that no one else has any questionable ones. :laugh3: Thank you for playing!

Fantastic.

As always, none of us are good enough to hang with 'Bama fans. You are all beyond awesome, and so much better than everybody else because your football team is awesome just like yourself.

I'll make it a point to try and make myself better to "better up" to the Bama standards. I'm sure I'll never be good enough, but I'll at least try because my football team isn't as good as yours.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantastic.

As always, none of us are good enough to hang with 'Bama fans. You are all beyond awesome, and so much better than everybody else because your football team is awesome just like yourself.

I'll make it a point to try and make myself better to "better up" to the Bama standards. I'm sure I'll never be good enough, but I'll at least try because my football team isn't as good as yours.

Well at least now you know. :laugh3:

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leaving_confused_room_exit.gif
:nod:
So there were 4 or 5? :laugh3:

They did get the Murray call right. I notice close calls are clear to you when against Auburn and real clear when for Auburn. Damn, you got some great vision there Seinfeld! Did you see all the holds against Auburn not called, ticky tack holds against Alabama that prevented a first and goal with 3 minutes to go and leading by 7, a lineman pulling our LB facemask on 3rd and 18 right smack in the middle of the backfield, the illegal pass play that had a run scheme with downfield blocking and an H back blocking CJ Mosley from getting over to that side. But then again it's Auburn and you're just going to say get over it. I'll be glad to show you everyone of those calls too! When you get your ass whipped we'll be #2 and you can say how great y'all are. The current highest rated #12 team in the country!
Yes, please. Show them all to us. Can you please post what you think the game stats and score are in your imaginary world as well?
:L :whistle: you forgot the right tackle who got called for moving and triple slow motion has us believe he might have farted. That took 3 off the board. Bottom line is Bama played bad and did not deserve to win but that does not take away the fact there were some real obvious blown calls at many crucial times.

I also find it funny how so many have great advice and criticism about whining on bad calls when it's not their teams but throw their beer bottle threw the tv when it's their team. Thanks for the advice hypocrite!

Fire away! :nod:

cade-foster-shanks-kick-against-auburn.gif

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't say auburn was a better team....i said MSU WASN'T a better team. but i'll say it now: win or lose, auburn would give FSU a better game than MSU.

well, the law of averages says the SEC will have to lose a NC sooner or later....so at this point, 7 years in, picking against the SEC team wouldn't be such a bold declaration anyway....

And here I had thought you were an Auburn fan. Silly me. Sorry for thinking that you were't one of the millions of SEC bandwagoners out there.

We shall see just how good/bad a matchup for FSU Auburn is. Unfortunately we will not get to see MSU with their awesome defense.

And whatever happened to Team SEC's admiration of great defenses? Down the toilet I guess because their defenses sucked this year. Oh well.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geneh,

Why are you trolling Auburn? They deserve a lot more credit than you are giving them and yes with their resume Vegas would have them favored against MSU so stop all this nonsense that Auburn hasn't earned their spot or worthy of it.

It's just petty non-sense that seems to be fueled by hate for the SEC. Duke did well this year but they would be lucky to place 3rd in the SEC East behind Missouri and Georgia and let's not even bring up the West.

Many of your arguments are just plain stupid and you know better.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, after watching a one dimensional team play a really good D2 football team close today, I like Auburn's chances to keep the game reasonably close.

... though still think Auburn will lose.

potzer25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU has literally not played a legit team all year.

Auburn has gone through fire and brimstone.

Auburn wins the natty.

what do you mean? playing a schedule that collectively went 50-50 is pretty good, right?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geneh,

Why are you trolling Auburn? They deserve a lot more credit than you are giving them and yes with their resume Vegas would have them favored against MSU so stop all this nonsense that Auburn hasn't earned their spot or worthy of it.

It's just petty non-sense that seems to be fueled by hate for the SEC. Duke did well this year but they would be lucky to place 3rd in the SEC East behind Missouri and Georgia and let's not even bring up the West.

Many of your arguments are just plain stupid and you know better.

I'm not trolling Auburn. I just don't think they belong in this game. I have said why already. If you don't buy my argument, that's fine.

And Duke is going to kick TAM's ass. Duke is better than everybody in the SEC East except maybe Missouri.

Vegas has been wrong so much that I don't care who they have favored. I'm surprised they don't have Auburn favored with all of the SEC love they give you guys.

The truth is that college football is cyclical and the SEC is on the downswing. Yep, it sucks. Whenever Saban retires the reign of the SEC will be officially over. Enjoy it until then.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trolling Auburn. I just don't think they belong in this game. I have said why already. If you don't buy my argument, that's fine.

And Duke is going to kick TAM's ass. Duke is better than everybody in the SEC East except maybe Missouri.

Vegas has been wrong so much that I don't care who they have favored. I'm surprised they don't have Auburn favored with all of the SEC love they give you guys.

The truth is that college football is cyclical and the SEC is on the downswing. Yep, it sucks. Whenever Saban retires the reign of the SEC will be officially over. Enjoy it until then.
Get back on your meds just about everything in this post is delusional to the point you can't even be taken seriously anymore.

potzer25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke? Seriously?

as i have posted earlier, it's hard to judge because FSU has played such a weak schedule and it got weaker as the season progressed. so, yes, they dominated their competition but that competition collectively went 64-64. and their improvement against the run after BC was not just adjustments and improvement - it was defending teams that weren't nearly as good at rushing. Auburn is > 100 ypg better than the next toughest team FSU has played.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking objectively, I think this game is going be much closer and harder fought than most think. I still would give the edge to FSU but Auburn has the tools and strategy to give them some serious headaches. I look forward to seeing how FSU's all-star defensive front matches up with Malzahn's running scheme.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke? Seriously?

as i have posted earlier, it's hard to judge because FSU has played such a weak schedule and it got weaker as the season progressed. so, yes, they dominated their competition but that competition collectively went 64-64. and their improvement against the run after BC was not just adjustments and improvement - it was defending teams that weren't nearly as good at rushing. Auburn is > 100 ypg better than the next toughest team FSU has played.

THe bold is not entirely true and I shall tell you why. Part of the improvement was due to having our starting DE back Mario Edwards Jr who was out of the BC game due to having surgery on his hand(plate ad screws implanted). Also Pruitt moved the splits of our DTs to where at least one of them were over the center or barely offset from the center. Usually that person is Timmy Jernigan. Part was due to the "competition", but Miami was rather good at the power run until Duke Johnson went down in the FSU game. It was equal parts because after the Miami game the only really good running team we faced was SU. They are 39th in rushing at 195yds per game.

Auburn is no doubt the best rushing team we have faced this year. But it does not mean that FSU cannot slow down or even stop Auburn. And a comparison to Bama or Mizzou on defense is not going to work. Completely different types of player on the DL and LB corp. Even with running some of the same schemes as Bama. Our LBs are not as large, but quite faster. Not a single LB on either of the last two opponents that Auburn has faced can be put on a slot receiver. Telvin and Terrance Smith both cn and have been.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking objectively, I think this game is going be much closer and harder fought than most think. I still would give the edge to FSU but Auburn has the tools and strategy to give them some serious headaches. I look forward to seeing how FSU's all-star defensive front matches up with Malzahn's running scheme.

Only 1 of those guys would be considered that. That being Timmy Jernigan. We had a better defensive line last year with Werner and Carridine at DE. Especially against the run. But Edwards Jr. and Jones a LB his entire career have done OK. Will need to move Jones back to LB instead of edge rusher for this game, but I doubt we do that because then we would have to come out of our fulltime nickel package we play.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I hate to say it but the Barn did beat Bama. And not trolling, but I still believe Bama is the better team top to bottom. But Aubarn is a good team :puke: and they're capable of keeping it close and maybe pulling another game out of their ass, but that said I still think FSU beats them. Don't think it'll be a blowout though if the Barn runs the ball like they have been.

potzer25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THe bold is not entirely true and I shall tell you why.

It was 100% correct. Read what you bolded again. The offenses that FSU faced are no where near AU's except in two cases - BC and Clemson. Clemson is a spread passing team while BC is rushing. Whatever "improvements" that were made have not been tested since the BC game because none of the remaining schedule was anywhere near as good as BC. And BC isn't anywhere near as good as AU.

The question is AU's defense and whether the performance against a much tougher schedule is balanced against FSUs offense that played against a much weaker schedule.