• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Auburn Superthread

Which matches up better against FSU? OSU or Auburn?

• Total voters

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THe bold is not entirely true and I shall tell you why. Part of the improvement was due to having our starting DE back Mario Edwards Jr who was out of the BC game due to having surgery on his hand(plate ad screws implanted). Also Pruitt moved the splits of our DTs to where at least one of them were over the center or barely offset from the center. Usually that person is Timmy Jernigan. Part was due to the "competition", but Miami was rather good at the power run until Duke Johnson went down in the FSU game. It was equal parts because after the Miami game the only really good running team we faced was SU. They are 39th in rushing at 195yds per game.

Auburn is no doubt the best rushing team we have faced this year. But it does not mean that FSU cannot slow down or even stop Auburn. And a comparison to Bama or Mizzou on defense is not going to work. Completely different types of player on the DL and LB corp. Even with running some of the same schemes as Bama. Our LBs are not as large, but quite faster. Not a single LB on either of the last two opponents that Auburn has faced can be put on a slot receiver. Telvin and Terrance Smith both cn and have been.
Interesting post if your best defensive lineman is lined up on our center Reece Dismukes that is going to be a fun match up to watch. Dismukes has been a beast this year and the O Line is one of the best in the country.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah. I left off the "also". The point was you can't judge fsu improvements because they played progressively worse offenses.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No points, bro. Straight up. What's wrong? You SEC boys want points this year all of a sudden? What happened to all the SEC confidence this year?

you're the one wanting to bet on the blowout

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 100% correct. Read what you bolded again. The offenses that FSU faced are no where near AU's except in two cases - BC and Clemson. Clemson is a spread passing team while BC is rushing. Whatever "improvements" that were made have not been tested since the BC game because none of the remaining schedule was anywhere near as good as BC. And BC isn't anywhere near as good as AU.

The question is AU's defense and whether the performance against a much tougher schedule is balanced against FSUs offense that played against a much weaker schedule.

You only went by the box score of the BC game and stats. Just like everyone else. Let's see. BC lot to SU who has actually rushed for almost the same amount as BC. Miami was averaging more before Johnson went down. It was not just due to "competition level". It was a factor of a few things. Which is exactly why I said you were wrong. Let's admit that you might have watched 2 games of FSU this year. Clemson and Miami. Other than that you just read the box score. So I take it with a grain of salt when you try to speak of the improvement and why there was an improvement after the BC game. Simply because you do not know.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah. I left off the "also". The point was you can't judge fsu improvements because they played progressively worse offenses.

Clemson, Miami, and Duke. All of which averaged more points per game and more yards. Would not really state that the teams after BC were progressively worse offensively. But if you want to go right ahead.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting post if your best defensive lineman is lined up on our center Reece Dismukes that is going to be a fun match up to watch. Dismukes has been a beast this year and the O Line is one of the best in the country.

Auburn's OL is definitely one of the best at the run. FSU's is supposedly(By the "experts)" one of the best all around. Will be a fun game to watch. Jernigan almost always has a double team on him. If Auburn plays him one on one I do believe that is a mismatch in Jernigan's favor. There is a reason he is considered a 1st round pick as a Jr. The other DT is not near as good. Again will be a fun one to watch.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only went by the box score of the BC game and stats. Just like everyone else. Let's see. BC lot to SU who has actually rushed for almost the same amount as BC. Miami was averaging more before Johnson went down. It was not just due to "competition level". It was a factor of a few things. Which is exactly why I said you were wrong. Let's admit that you might have watched 2 games of FSU this year. Clemson and Miami. Other than that you just read the box score. So I take it with a grain of salt when you try to speak of the improvement and why there was an improvement after the BC game. Simply because you do not know.

there really wasn't a point in even watching FSU games this year. I watched the first quarter of a few

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there really wasn't a point in even watching FSU games this year. I watched the first quarter of a few
I've got the same problem I watched 1st half of the Clemson game and 1 qtr of the Florida game but for the most part was flipping a bunch through both. My exposure to them is mainly through highlights so I really have very little direct knowledge to go on.

I'm a huge Jimbo fan but their games were pretty unwatchable especially when tighter games are being played.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BC, Pitt, Miami, UF, and Duke were all close at the half. The rest I agree there was not a point unless you were an FSU fan who was trying to see the biggest problems we have. Which I most definitely did. Especially the BC and Miami games. In the BC game our DC had 3rd string guys playing in the 1st quarter to find some combinations. This was even corroborated by him after the game. The 1 time he was allowed to speak with the press during the season he stated he had the wrong guys and wrong schemes going all game trying to find certain combinations for if he had some serious injuries.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times in one month can we be on the cover????

:doh:

:burt:

:kk:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earthquake in Pasadena that swallows the Rose Bowl.

Michigan State beats Stanford
Oklahoma beats Alabama
Earthquake eats Florida State and Auburn.

Michigan State National Champions.

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-Gif.gif