• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Auburn Superthread

Which matches up better against FSU? OSU or Auburn?

• Total voters

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the missed FG was not lucky. saban elected to kick a 57 yarder and had nobody in the game that was fast enough to make a tackle in the event of a miss (which was at least 75%)

how is that luck?

furthermore, even if he doesn't return it for a TD, what makes you think alabama was going to win the game in OT? was it because there kicking game had been money that afternoon and auburn was unable to grind out first downs when they needed to?

The luck came from the entire game. Auburn never looked like they were going to win. We've discussed this before but Alabama gets a first down on Auburn's 5 yard line with 3:00 left winning by 7. That game had that feel the entire game. So what happens? A ticky tack hold, a low field goal kick and an illegal play that led to tying TD.

Before you bring it up, Marshall was behind the line but your entire team can't be in run block mode on a pass play!!! Your H Back is down field blocking CJ MOsely, 3 lineman are 5 yard down field blocking and two other receivers are blocking. You CAN NOT do that on a pass play. Where was the flag? Surprise no flag just like one of the worst holds I've ever seen not called on Auburn and their second TD with Marshall near the corner. Would you like the video proof?

It's ok, Auburn won. But they won with a ton of luck, bounces and breaks and that seems to bother you when the truth is pointed out?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Alabama...the state, is more the point I think he was making

The way I see it, if you root for your rival even 1% of the time, you might as well root for the whole SEC.

TEAM SEC!

Not even root, just happy they continued the SEC dominance in the end.

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a cold day in hell before you find me rooting for any team in the big 10 let alone Michigan.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #5 in this very thread. Even considering rooting for your arch nemesis is shameful.

For the record, I wish it weren't true because its obnoxious.
Only if your happiness in life is dictated by college football rivalries. For me, I can't hate another team, although I might dislike them and/or their fans. It's only college football ... the idea of even having an "arch nemesis" is kind of funny to me. I'd like to think that most of us have better things to worry about than what a college football team does on a particular weekend. But, hey, maybe that's just me.

sallynemo

whole lotta shaking
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it can have a pretty substantial economic impact on your state and that goes towards a lot of things like schools, roads and parks. Plus it also has the effect of driving up the enrollment at both schools which also translates into fees.

I realize it has been centuries since Ga won the NC, but I don't see how winning a MNC in football has the economic impact as you say.

Care to explain?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The luck came from the entire game. Auburn never looked like they were going to win. We've discussed this before but Alabama gets a first down on Auburn's 5 yard line with 3:00 left winning by 7. That game had that feel the entire game. So what happens? A ticky tack hold, a low field goal kick and an illegal play that led to tying TD.

Before you bring it up, Marshall was behind the line but your entire team can't be in run block mode on a pass play!!! Your H Back is down field blocking CJ MOsely, 3 lineman are 5 yard down field blocking and two other receivers are blocking. You CAN NOT do that on a pass play. Where was the flag? Surprise no flag just like one of the worst holds I've ever seen not called on Auburn and their second TD with Marshall near the corner. Would you like the video proof?

It's ok, Auburn won. But they won with a ton of luck, bounces and breaks and that seems to bother you when the truth is pointed out?

- Bama gets a blocked punt, seconds away from losing to UT.
- Bama doesn't even win their division, but gets a rematch in the NCG
- Bama preserves a victory against UGa on their own 5 yard line with a tipped pass being caught
- Bama loses and is out of the NC hunt, then the following week the two teams in front of them lose
- Bama, with 1 loss, gets 3rd NC of 4 when one of the 2 undefeated teams in the country front of them was ineligible to play in the NC game

You want to talk about luck, start there and realize a little luck is always required to get to the NC game, and Bama has had its share. For the first time in a long time, the luck went against Bama in the Auburn game.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize it has been centuries since Ga won the NC, but I don't see how winning a MNC in football has the economic impact as you say.

Care to explain?

LOL, it doesn't. Just a Barn fan who enjoys sniffing his rival's ass.......

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Care to explain?
Watch the 60 minutes segment on Bama that aired a few weeks ago. Then you will see.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU 56
AU 50

Barn Burner coming up fellas

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Auburn...

Is Auburn this year's Notre Dame. Won quite a few games ugly and close, needed help at the end of the year from other teams to be able to jump into the title game from #3 only to get destroyed by the superior team?

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Bama gets a blocked punt, seconds away from losing to UT.
- Bama doesn't even win their division, but gets a rematch in the NCG
- Bama preserves a victory against UGa on their own 5 yard line with a tipped pass being caught
- Bama loses and is out of the NC hunt, then the following week the two teams in front of them lose
- Bama, with 1 loss, gets 3rd NC of 4 when one of the 2 undefeated teams in the country front of them was ineligible to play in the NC game

You want to talk about luck, start there and realize a little luck is always required to get to the NC game, and Bama has had its share. For the first time in a long time, the luck went against Bama in the Auburn game.

What are you talking about? Bama doesn't win by luck?? They only lose by bad luck.

How long will BamaTee continue trying to argue the Iron Bowl this year? Do you think he signed the petition to play overtime?

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you just give me the Readers Digest version?
President of Alabama said that hiring Nick Saban and paying him millions to win football championships was worth about a bajillion dollars.

To look at the opposite side of the spectrum, do you think that the Paterno thing was good or bad for Penn State in the short run?

Octoberfest23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if your happiness in life is dictated by college football rivalries. For me, I can't hate another team, although I might dislike them and/or their fans. It's only college football ... the idea of even having an "arch nemesis" is kind of funny to me. I'd like to think that most of us have better things to worry about than what a college football team does on a particular weekend. But, hey, maybe that's just me.

It is just you. Put a Michigan fan and an Ohio state fan in the same room and see what comes out the other side. :noidea:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St was this year's Notre Dame

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im predicting a close title game but wouldn't be surprised if FSU ran away with it either.

Auburn this season > ND last season

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St was this year's Notre Dame

Except that they didn't make it to the title game and did not lose to a team that was vastly more talented than they were. Also Ohio St beat most of their opponents by more than one score. Not even a close comparison.