• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Auburn Superthread

Which matches up better against FSU? OSU or Auburn?

• Total voters

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a win-win for me ... I have a fair number of family and friends that went to FSU, and my youngest son has become a Noles fan (he and I drove over to the Wake game and had a good time). So, if FSU wins, all is good in the family.

I am an unabashed Team SEC supporter. Even more of my family and friends attended SEC schools, with many family members being Auburn grads. I personally enjoy the angst that I witness here and elsewhere when SEC teams keep winning the NC. It's kind of a sport to watch people just go all irrational when anything SEC comes up. That said, Auburn is probably one of my least favorite SEC teams.

From what I have seen so far, my FSU fan friends and family seem a little overconfident right now. I don't think they realize that they will not have seen an offense like Auburn's ... not anything close. That said, FSU has some athletes, and has a month to prep. I just hope it is a good game.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After coming from SeeBS, I must say, the "Team SEC" mindset is very minimal here compared to there.

There were actually SeeBSers (trolls possibly) who would openly root for their chosen teams to lose if it benifited the SEC.
I was actively on CBS for years, and I don't ever remember that. The idea that fans would want their team to lose in order to advance the interest of the conference is a myth, and that isn't what Team SEC is about.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I've seen many a Bama fan rooting for awwbun, no matter how much you wish it were true. The streak's going down! :yahoo:

Post #5 in this very thread. Even considering rooting for your arch nemesis is shameful.

For the record, I wish it weren't true because its obnoxious.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #5 in this very thread. Even considering rooting for your arch nemesis is shameful.

When the state of Ohio is going for its 5th straight national title, you can speak about it.

That being said, I'd never root for Alabama. Ever. But for those fans who did not attend the schools and don't truly passionately hate the other school, I can see both sides.

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You need reading lessons. I said it would be nice to have Auburn stomped, but having another championship in Alabama would be okay, so it was a draw.

NEVER said I would root for Auburn.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need reading lessons. I said it would be nice to have Auburn stomped, but having another championship in Alabama would be okay, so it was a draw.

:rollseyes: Same difference.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rollseyes: Same difference.
Because that is what you want to see and you perceive it makes your point. However if you viewed this with any type of personally integrity then you would realize your premise is false.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that is what you want to see and you perceive it makes your point. However if you viewed this with any type of personally integrity then you would realize your premise is false.

If the Bama-Auburn is such a heated rivalry, then any true blooded Bama fan would want Auburn to lose and badly. Additionally, the though of another trophy for the state doesn't mean shit if its your rival that won it...thats just weak justification.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No just lucky. But luck runs out eventually.

ohio state was lucky to only have 1 ranked team on their regular season schedule.

i guess their luck ran out when they had to face a ranked team that was formerly 0-0 against ranked teams.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bama-Auburn is such a heated rivalry, then any true blooded Bama fan would want Auburn to lose and badly. Additionally, the though of another trophy for the state doesn't mean shit if its your rival that won it...thats just weak justification.
Actually it can have a pretty substantial economic impact on your state and that goes towards a lot of things like schools, roads and parks. Plus it also has the effect of driving up the enrollment at both schools which also translates into fees.

So no Auburn fan wants Alabama to win and no Alabama fan wants Auburn to win but if it happens then we get over it and look to the positive side of it. If you can't do that then you are a small thinking idiot like Harvey Updyke.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohio state was lucky to only have 1 ranked team on their regular season schedule.

i guess their luck ran out when they had to face a ranked team that was formerly 0-0 against ranked teams.

How is that lucky, you make no sense.

But anway OSU's schedule will only get tougher in the future regardless of how good the B1G is. We play Va Tech, Oklahoma, NIU, Oregon, etc.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it can have a pretty substantial economic impact on your state and that goes towards a lot of things like schools, roads and parks. Plus it also has the effect of driving up the enrollment at both schools which also translates into fees.

So no Auburn fan wants Alabama to win and no Alabama fan wants Auburn to win but if it happens then we get over it and look to the positive side of it. If you can't do that then you are a small thinking idiot like Harvey Updyke.

TEAM SEC! :yahoo:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to re-read neither of us wants the other to win EVER but if it's done a good for the state then some good has been accomplished.

You guys are so caught up in "Team SEC" you can't even see the real hate anymore.

Our state is doing just fine without Aggy winning a NC, no need to teabag our rival. If you want to suck off your rival, by all means go ahead......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, if both Bama and AU were winning with homegrown talent and homegrown coaches, then I can see the whole state pride thing, but they aren't, so no need to give your rival any props. Just say, "Fuck the Barn!", and that's it......

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can never say it too many times: Roll Noles, Fuck Auburn.