• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Auburn Superthread

Which matches up better against FSU? OSU or Auburn?

• Total voters

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn is good. I like them a helluva lot more than the Nuts, BUT, they should have handled LSU.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somewhat disagree, coming into the week Missouri was #5 in the computers and MSU was #14, that's a pretty sizable gap. With a loss MSU won't finish in the top 15 of the computers. With a loss, Missouri will still finish inside the top 10. Again not a huge difference, but still a slight advantage.

Can we take into consideration that MSU is underranked right now due to anti-B1G bias???? so no shit Missouri would end up still in the top 10. they have a 5 position cushion to stay in the top 10.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what is funny to me, the second that Mizzu, and T A&M moves to the SEC they are top 10 teams, while at the same time, with the same exact players they are middle of the road teams in the BIG 12! Man what a great OVERRATED conference.

:laugh3::agree:

another good point.

and team sec spews BS about OSU would have 4+ losses in sec.............. :laugh3: idiots.......

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn is good. I like them a helluva lot more than the Nuts, BUT, they should have handled LSU.

Know its been stated before, but this would have been an excellent year to start the four-team playoffs.

Now for real irony, watch as next season there are two clear front-runners and then a bunch of scrubs at the end of the season.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU beat a team that is ranked not far behind the team that stomped Auburn by 2 TDs. If we are playing by SEC rules a la 2011, it doesn't matter who you've beaten or how good your SOS is, it only matters who you've lost to that decides whether or not you make it to the NCG... or are you deciding to change the rules again to make sure the SEC gets what it wants?

Signature wins

Auburn:
#25 Georgia
#24 Ole Miss
#7 Texas A&M
#1 Alabama

Ohio State:
#23 Wisconsin

I'm not changing the rules, I'm just left a little unimpressed by OSU and usually with a schedule like that you need a lot of style points (ask Oregon).

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signature wins

Auburn:
#25 Georgia
#24 Ole Miss
#7 Texas A&M
#1 Alabama

Ohio State:
#23 Wisconsin

I'm not changing the rules, I'm just left a little unimpressed by OSU and usually with a schedule like that you need a lot of style points (ask Oregon).

AM is not ranked #7, Ole Miss is not ranked period, and Alabama is no longer #1. Use the current rankings or else you just look uneducated.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree; but what if Ohio State loses to Michigan State and Auburn loses to Missouri? Does Alabama move up to nr 2 and play, even though they did not win their own division in the SEC?

I agree with UNA here. Mizzou would jump Auburn, but I don't know if they would jump OSU. It would be realllllllllllllllly close.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AM is not ranked #7, Ole Miss is not ranked period, and Alabama is no longer #1. Use the current rankings or else you just look uneducated.

Auburn:
#24 Texas A&M
#22 Georgia
#4 Alabama

OSU:
#21 Wisconsin

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn:
#24 Texas A&M
#22 Georgia
#4 Alabama

OSU:
#21 Wisconsin

In all fairness, really don't think four-loss teams should be ranked. Yes, they are ranked, but I can't figure out why.

Even if you dismiss those two, beating the #1 team in the land is certainly impressive. But that loss still looms large. Auburn has one, and OSU doesn't, so IMO the nod goes to the Buckeyes - until they lose.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, really don't think four-loss teams should be ranked. Yes, they are ranked, but I can't figure out why.

Even if you dismiss those two, beating the #1 team in the land is certainly impressive. But that loss still looms large. Auburn has one, and OSU doesn't, so IMO the nod goes to the Buckeyes - until they lose.

SEC. That's why.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It makes sense a 4 loss team can be ranked at the end of the year. They just picked an arbitrary number (25) to end the rankings at. The loss is definitely something to take into account but like I said above when you have the kind of schedule OSU has usually you need a lot of style points (and FSU has had that in spades). If the Buckeyes can blow out Michigan State I doubt Auburn could make the jump ahead of them.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC. That's why.

Doesn't make sense though, unless someone can show that the majority of voters are from SEC parts of the land.

If the Buckeyes can blow out Michigan State I doubt Auburn could make the jump ahead of them.

If the Buckeyes win by a point in triple-OT, pretty sure they don't get jumped - regardless of how well Auburn does. Only an OSU loss will let the barn in.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you dont think those 4 loss teams should be ranked?
georgia has wins over the current #8 and #15, and were oh so close to winning on the road at #3. their losses came at the hands of #3,#5,clemson, and vandy.

aTm played 3 different top 5 teams within a touchdown.

i think both of these teams are top 25 worthy.

what unranked teams would you place above them?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't make sense though, unless someone can show that the majority of voters are from SEC parts of the land.

If the Buckeyes win by a point in triple-OT, pretty sure they don't get jumped - regardless of how well Auburn does. Only an OSU loss will let the barn in.

if auburn crushes mizzou and tosu barely skates by, auburn could jump them but that's really the only scenario.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haven't looked at which teams aren't ranked with only two or three losses, but imagine there are a few out there who've played pretty well throughout the season.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you dont think those 4 loss teams should be ranked?
georgia has wins over the current #8 and #15, and were oh so close to winning on the road at #3. their losses came at the hands of #3,#5,clemson, and vandy.

aTm played 3 different top 5 teams within a touchdown.

i think both of these teams are top 25 worthy.

Funny, when I try and point out how 3 low-ranked or unranked B1G teams almost beat three top 10 teams last season in their bowl games, I still only get told how weak those teams are. Why is the logic different now?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said it was because of the voters being from the SEC. I said it was because they are in the SEC. The SEC is viewed as the best conference and as such, they are going to get a bigger boost in the rankings for their teams. And beating teams with higher rankings make people believe your conference is better. Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy. That being said, they show up and win the games at bowl time.

Conversely, Michigan State is the lowest ranked one loss team from a major conference with two one loss teams in front of them. So Ohio State beating them doesn't look as good and then they are viewed less of and because of that Michigan State will be thought even less of. That being said, the Big10 doesn't show up and win the games at bowl time.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you suggesting people start voting based on what they THINK would happen and not the reality which happens on the field each and every week?

Oh lawdy ....

??? Start??? LOL. Thats been happening for years. Thats why CFB ( while I still love it ) is so fucking stupid. What kind of sense does it make to award a championship based almost entirely off of peoples opinions?? ( most of whom dont even take the time to watch the teams play they are voting on). AND in an effort to make the voting process even more idiotic we rank teams BEFORE they even play 1 game. Now in other sports who fucking cares because other sports play it out on the field. Makes zero sense to do it in CFB.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? Start??? LOL. Thats been happening for years. Thats why CFB ( while I still love it ) is so fucking stupid. What kind of sense does it make to award a championship based almost entirely off of peoples opinions??

Happens even at lower divisions though, where much bigger playoffs occur. Deserving teams still get left out.

Don't think there's a way to eliminate human bias.