• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Auburn Superthread

Which matches up better against FSU? OSU or Auburn?

• Total voters

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see Auburn with 14 first place votes in the coaches poll?

That's how you know(Auburn had 0 btw).
He said he didn't see the poll.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why?

FSU's best win came over a team that was handled pretty easily by the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC.

Ohio State's best win came over a team beaten by Penn State.

Does anyone really think Ohio State would be undefeated if they had played games against Ole Miss, Texas A&M, LSU, and Alabama?

Do you know what is funny to me, the second that Mizzu, and T A&M moves to the SEC they are top 10 teams, while at the same time, with the same exact players they are middle of the road teams in the BIG 12! Man what a great OVERRATED conference.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what is funny to me, the second that Mizzu, and T A&M moves to the SEC they are top 10 teams, while at the same time, with the same exact players they are middle of the road teams in the BIG 12! Man what a great OVERRATED conference.

Oh man, that is funny.

Kinda like Auburn, with its same players was horrible last year, but only one loss this year, And Mizzou who sucked last year only has one loss this year also with the same players.

The SEC really is overrated, Or could it be that aTm got a new coaching staff and they ran a system that afforded them the opportunity on offense to be better, which brings wins. And Mizzou got healthy this year and has a team of junior and seniors with some talented lower recruits filling needed spots.See coaching changes and healthy players do make big differences at times.

And so you know, the two from the Big 12 are 19-13 in conference, not really lighting it up if you ask me.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State will be the first decent team OSU plays all year. It's hard to give too much lenience to such a weak schedule. Honestly, the only way I'd give OSU the nod to the title game is if Auburn lost the SEC title game.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State will be the first decent team OSU plays all year. It's hard to give too much lenience to such a weak schedule. Honestly, the only way I'd give OSU the nod to the title game is if Auburn lost the SEC title game.

I agree; but what if Ohio State loses to Michigan State and Auburn loses to Missouri? Does Alabama move up to nr 2 and play, even though they did not win their own division in the SEC?

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree; but what if Ohio State loses to Michigan State and Auburn loses to Missouri? Does Alabama move up to nr 2 and play, even though they did not win their own division in the SEC?

Nope. Mizzou would jump Bama and play FSU in that case.

In a way, it would be fitting for the newest member of the SEC to end the SEC run on national championships.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Mizzou would jump Bama and play FSU in that case.

In a way, it would be fitting for the newest member of the SEC to end the SEC run on national championships.

Yeah, then we could blame the end of the streak on those Big 12 teams coming and not playing SEC ball.:lol:

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, that is funny.

Kinda like Auburn, with its same players was horrible last year, but only one loss this year, And Mizzou who sucked last year only has one loss this year also with the same players.

The SEC really is overrated, Or could it be that aTm got a new coaching staff and they ran a system that afforded them the opportunity on offense to be better, which brings wins. And Mizzou got healthy this year and has a team of junior and seniors with some talented lower recruits filling needed spots.See coaching changes and healthy players do make big differences at times.

And so you know, the two from the Big 12 are 19-13 in conference, not really lighting it up if you ask me.

And at 19-13 in conference they are ranked 5th, and 25th this year, and TA&M was ranked 5th last year. Yes coaching helps, but you have to have the players also, to see proof of that look at what Rich Rod did at Michigan. So no, I am sorry but the SEC is overrated.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And at 19-13 in conference they are ranked 5th, and 25th this year, and TA&M was ranked 5th last year. Yes coaching helps, but you have to have the players also, to see proof of that look at what Rich Rod did at Michigan. So no, I am sorry but the SEC is overrated.

Wow, so your opinion is fact. Glad we have established this so we wont forget to ask your opinion on other matters that have been bothering us, like who shot Kennedy and if superman is tougher than Batman.

Rankings are the voters problem, but reality is that Mizzou was not a bad team and needed a player or two to pull it together.

aTm still is not anything but a middle to above middle tier team behind Alabama, Auburn, LSU. Last year they were still behind Alabama and Georgia as far in conference rank.

Its not like they are tearing up the SEC, just winning about like they would if they had the same teams currently and were in the Big 12 and thats it in a nutshell.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OSU beat a team that is ranked not far behind the team that stomped Auburn by 2 TDs. If we are playing by SEC rules a la 2011, it doesn't matter who you've beaten or how good your SOS is, it only matters who you've lost to that decides whether or not you make it to the NCG... or are you deciding to change the rules again to make sure the SEC gets what it wants?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU beat a team that is ranked not far behind the team that stomped Auburn by 2 TDs. If we are playing by SEC rules a la 2011, it doesn't matter who you've beaten or how good your SOS is, it only matters who you've lost to that decides whether or not you make it to the NCG... or are you deciding to change the rules again to make sure the SEC gets what it wants?

Not to really split hairs here, but in reality, the team that lost last in 2011 is the one who didnt go. Just as this year, if tOSU loses this coming weekend, they wont go either and ti wont have anything to do with schedule, who you beat, or who you lost to, it will be who lost last to miss out.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to really split hairs here, but in reality, the team that lost last in 2011 is the one who didnt go. Just as this year, if tOSU loses this coming weekend, they wont go either and ti wont have anything to do with schedule, who you beat, or who you lost to, it will be who lost last to miss out.

I know that, but it was the argument then and has always been - Okie State didn't get to go to the title game, despite having the same number of losses and a better SOS, because they had a worse loss. Well, any loss is worse than 0 losses, so there is no merit to Auburn getting the nod unless OSU loses.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that, but it was the argument then and has always been - Okie State didn't get to go to the title game, despite having the same number of losses and a better SOS, because they had a worse loss. Well, any loss is worse than 0 losses, so there is no merit to Auburn getting the nod unless OSU loses.

And this is not something I would be for at all, if tOSU wins, they should be in, period.

That tired old argument was from the fans view and really was made by some media hacks to stir debate and get ratings. Reality was Bama was higher ranked before the last games were played and that was it in a nutshell. Ok. st. lost last and that kept them out. It really is true, win and your in, some fans never get that.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I always said that was a line of crap. It goes from "who did you beat" to "who you lost to". It really should be about the overall schedule. Truth is FSU and OSU have absolutely brutal schedules. FSU has destroyed their schedule. Average score is 53.7 - 11. OSU is 43.2 - 20.3. So I am giving FSU a break considering their domination. Auburn has the 27th SOS vs 71 for OSU and 86 for FSU. There is a very reasonable argument that with a similar schedule OSU and FSU has another loss. It is quite amazing that the NC could be decided by teams with SOS in the 70s. Next yr when people ask why does SEC or Team X play FCS school. I will respond FSU and OSU showed you the blue print. CFB needs a larger playoff. Just consider that Northern Illinios schedule is closer to FSU's degree of difficulty than Auburn's.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ohio state will not have a win over a top 10 team when all is said and done. auburn has more wins over the top 5 in the last 24 hours than ohio state has in the last 10 years.

everybody knows that auburn or missouri (or alabama, or south carolina) would run roughshot over ohio state. the big 10 is a complete joke. just be glad that people don't take into account SOS as much as they should.

i mean, seriously... was michigan the best team that ohio state faced on the road all season? who wouldn't be undefeated with that schedule?

:laugh3:
Everyone also knows you're nothing but a tSEC homer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know FSU has killed everyone they have played, but if you want to look at poor SOS you start with them.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohio state will not have a win over a top 10 team when all is said and done. auburn has more wins over the top 5 in the last 24 hours than ohio state has in the last 10 years.

everybody knows that auburn or missouri (or alabama, or south carolina) would run roughshot over ohio state. the big 10 is a complete joke. just be glad that people don't take into account SOS as much as they should.

i mean, seriously... was michigan the best team that ohio state faced on the road all season? who wouldn't be undefeated with that schedule?

:bawling: win your games loser and you won't be in this position..........

Oh, and try not to depend on blind luck to win two of your games............ (somehow espin conveniently leaves this out of the conversation)

:L

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, because wisconsin has beaten so many top 5 teams.

:lol:

just face it... ohio state hasn't beaten any great teams this year. auburn has. just be glad it likely won't be ohio state versus a 1 loss SEC team, because we all know how that would turn out. the only real question is whether or not ohio state would get to 100 yards of total offense.

stop it, you're embarrassing yourself..........:L

apparantly you are either ignorant of the ability of OSU's offense or are just stupid. Which is it? :noidea:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we even talking about Awburn:

Beat WSU by a score
Beat MSU by 4 pts (WR ran out of bounds cam back in--penalty)
Pummeled by LSU, up 21 w/ 6 to go
Beat Ole miss by 1 score
Beat A&M by 4
Beat UGA off of a fluke hail mary
Beat Bama off a drive full of miracles, maybe a 2nd half and a kicker that absolutely choked

And you sre talking about unblemished tOSU team. Let it go Awburn had a season never expected.

:L:rollseyes:

funny, now why doesn't espin and the butt buddies jesse palmer and david polock bring these interesting facts up? hmmmm. now why might that be..........? :bullshit::whistle: