• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 50,000 posts for a Nebraska BCS Championship Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AGreen_2 Aaron Green
"The famous Buba Starling is sitting on my bed"
via twitter

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if he comes, which he wont, i don't like him all that much....80 passes all year?!?!?! that shit don't fly (lol:lol: get it???), even at nebraska

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was just the offense he ran. Kid can chuck it 70 yards on one knee.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ this Texas douche getting pissy about Nebraska's textbook deal not getting enough air time, and then getting pwned by ESPN's Brian Bennett in the "Big Ten Mail Bag" article on espn.com.......

Karl J. from Pflugerville, Texas, writes: I know by now that the press and specifically ESPN has really enjoyed the problems at OSU. We have seen story after story and theory after theory and every news bit comes with extra commentary by you and or Adam; it's fair game -- OSU screwed up and deserves the shame and penalty. But I noticed the problems at Nebraska barely got mentioned -- yes it was included in the News Links -- but no additional coverage from ESPN, no additional coverage from the Big Ten bloggers and no commentary, theories, thoughts, etc. I know the press gets very defensive of anyone challenging your bias and reporting. But let's be honest, this is a clear case of bias, when not even one additional comment was added to Nebraska's story and yet every time OSU seneezed you all commented (even on situations that OSU has cleared).

Brian Bennett: Karl, you're comparing corn to buckeyes here. Ohio State has been accused of major violations, and its head coach knowingly used ineligible players and lied about. That's a major scandal. The Nebraska situation seems very minor to me. According to the Omaha World-Herald, "the violations occurred over several years when a large number of Husker student-athletes inadvertently received “recommended” textbooks from the university bookstore when only “required” supplies were covered in their scholarship money. The total value of the non-required textbooks provided to student-athletes from spring 2007 through fall 2010 was $27,869.47, with the average amount less than $60 per individual."

That's hardly a major controversy, and the whole thing sounds like more of a misunderstanding than anything else. What extra benefit did the Cornhusker athletes receive, other than getting some books to read (which isn't a bad thing for a college student)? Perhaps there's more to the Nebraska story, and we'll keep an eye on it. But for now, it's not even in the same universe as what's going on in Columbus.

Big Ten Friday mailbag - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if he comes, which he wont, i don't like him all that much....80 passes all year?!?!?! that shit don't fly (lol:lol: get it???), even at nebraska

He was given some good advice by his peers, to save his arm, which is why he didn't pitch in baseball this last year, and I'm guessing here, but that carried over to football too given that football is his # 2 sport

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ this Texas douche getting pissy about Nebraska's textbook deal not getting enough air time, and then getting pwned by ESPN's Brian Bennett in the "Big Ten Mail Bag" article on espn.com.......

Karl J. from Pflugerville, Texas, writes: I know by now that the press and specifically ESPN has really enjoyed the problems at OSU. We have seen story after story and theory after theory and every news bit comes with extra commentary by you and or Adam; it's fair game -- OSU screwed up and deserves the shame and penalty. But I noticed the problems at Nebraska barely got mentioned -- yes it was included in the News Links -- but no additional coverage from ESPN, no additional coverage from the Big Ten bloggers and no commentary, theories, thoughts, etc. I know the press gets very defensive of anyone challenging your bias and reporting. But let's be honest, this is a clear case of bias, when not even one additional comment was added to Nebraska's story and yet every time OSU seneezed you all commented (even on situations that OSU has cleared).

Brian Bennett: Karl, you're comparing corn to buckeyes here. Ohio State has been accused of major violations, and its head coach knowingly used ineligible players and lied about. That's a major scandal. The Nebraska situation seems very minor to me. According to the Omaha World-Herald, "the violations occurred over several years when a large number of Husker student-athletes inadvertently received “recommended” textbooks from the university bookstore when only “required” supplies were covered in their scholarship money. The total value of the non-required textbooks provided to student-athletes from spring 2007 through fall 2010 was $27,869.47, with the average amount less than $60 per individual."

That's hardly a major controversy, and the whole thing sounds like more of a misunderstanding than anything else. What extra benefit did the Cornhusker athletes receive, other than getting some books to read (which isn't a bad thing for a college student)? Perhaps there's more to the Nebraska story, and we'll keep an eye on it. But for now, it's not even in the same universe as what's going on in Columbus.

Big Ten Friday mailbag - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

Ive seen a plenty of comments from people just coming unglued over this huge scandal. For once the press didn't blow this up like the reporter who went nationwide with the story about Bo smashing the dreams of the Navy private kid at he Holiday Bowl

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quick question...i know its baseball and football is different, but how is hiring Scott Boras not causing the NCAA to look into Bubba if he does choose Nebraska?

Thank you for you input and sech.

I guarantee the NCAA is keeping an eye on it. Maybe there's a stipulation with Boras that he only gets paid by Starling if he chooses to go MLB? I don't know the bylaws with the specifics on how to not get in trouble with his kind of situation

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well good fucking morning. I found a guy on youtube with like 5 full oklahoma vs nebraska games including the 2001 game.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watchin' the 2001 game now.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00