• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came in here to see if there were in recent developments in the NBA free agency and I found @WiggyRuss sucking off the Cavs one by one.
sloooooooooooow day for free agency....all that is left are a few restricted free agents and a bunch of vet. min. guys...

and Jr Smith..lol....his decision to turn down just under 7M might not have been a great one.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its a damn good thing we have LeBron and you dont.

:lol:

Wake me up when LeBron get you one ring. Did way more in 4 years in Miami than he has done so far 8 years in Cleveland unless you enjoy never being a champ

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they would have given him 3...i dunno- its stupid to get all PO'd about 1M but it really costs gilbert like 5 Mill, lol....

As long as Thompson and Delly dont sign an offer sheet else where- the ball is really in the Cavs court.

It doesnt matter to me, I would love to have him back. But instead of paying the 3 or 4 he is essentially paying 3.5 times that lol.

Decisions for Danny Boy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt matter to me, I would love to have him back. But instead of paying the 3 or 4 he is essentially paying 3.5 times that lol.

Decisions for Danny Boy.
i bet he pays. its only for one year until the cap goes way up. - and the Cavs will be patting themselves on the back next year that they got a lot of this business done before next offseason when the contracts and cap space will get really crazy. 3 years 12 million is not unreasonable for Delly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake me up when LeBron get you one ring. Did way more in 4 years in Miami than he has done so far 8 years in Cleveland unless you enjoy never being a champ

It is pretty unfair to compare Lebron with the old Cleveland team to when he was in Miami. He actually had a coach and players around him, just like now. Lets wait 4 years and compare, well 3 now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty unfair to compare Lebron with the old Cleveland team to when he was in Miami. He actually had a coach and players around him, just like now. Lets wait 4 years and compare, well 3 now.
what a difference huh?

remember when Mo was #2? lol.....

now Mo is like #8.

very glad he is back though. He is precisely the type of guys the Cavs needed. A guy that can play the 1 or 2- that can shoot the lights out- but can also create plays for other guys. That was a great move by Griffin and the Cavs. Mo really played well for the Hornets last year

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CLE has until 8/1 to figure out the BH contract. If you trade it for equal salary it would add $35m-40m in additional luxury taxes.

For CLE bringing back JR Smith at the # he opted out would add close to $25m in additional taxes. The Cleveland tax bill could be staggering

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is probably saying, "thanks a lot JR" He could have opted in for 6, now to resign him for the same contract they would spend 25 lol

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie 10/10 from the line and 7/7 from 3- including some just INSANE 3's.....including the game tying shot right in Leonards grill.
lol he was in the zone. Let's be honest. LeBron himself couldn't have stopped Kyrie that night. He had 57 and they only won by 3. I was pretty happy that night regardless of the outcome.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are other teams that currently give him the opportunity to win and others that likely will soon. People jump on the "he's from there" because Lebron went back to Ohio. But how many players really ever go back to where they're from to play?

Not saying that he won't go to the Wizards, just that it's far from a guarantee. If he does choose to go to the Wizards, it won't be for lack of other options, that's for sure.

I agree that there's no guarantee he even leaves OKC or goes to the Wizards if he does. However from a basketball perspective, Washington makes a great deal of sense. He'll have other options no doubt, but the two things the Wizards lack are a true go to scorer and a wing. Durant fills these, which is not to say they don't have other flaws but they would have a strong starting 5. Add the fact that they have an easier path to the finals than his current road and you have the crux of my argument. Where he's from was tossed in the previous post as an aside.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your buddy had said "in free agency" they had improved the team. I said- especially up to that time when they had signed no one- that I had not seen how the team improved in free agency. And like I said- if the Heat "improved in free agency" by resigning their guys- then the Cavs had one of the best offseasons in the history of the NBA.

and Turnup is just a complete and total liar. If he can show ANYWHERE where I said the HEat's offseason was an F then I will change my avatar to a Michael Beasley one and keep it for the next 2 months. But it doesnt exist- as much fun as that would be.

In Free agency? vet. min signings of Green, Amare? Id say that is a C+ at best though.

Just checking- are we giving teams credit for resigning their own free agents? If thats the case- I will give the Cavs an A+ since they resigned the best player in the league and they signed Kevin Love to a 5 year deal. Again- if resigning guys is a measure of how much you improved in free agency (which again- I think is stupid) - I would give the Heat a B+ for giving Dragic 18 a year and Wade 20 for one year. Like I said yesterday- while i certainly do not think Dragic is an elite point guard- he is a very good one and 18M a year for him is reasonable when you consider guys like REggie Jackson are getting similar dollars- and Dragic is better than Jackson/Knight/ etc. Wade for one year and twenty million keeps the Heats options open for next year- but I also think Wade is keeping his own options open and sees all the money that will be available out there- and if some team like the Hornets- who will have ample cap room- especially with Al Jeff coming off the books- thinks they are close- and offers Wade 3 years 60 million- I think Wade could definitely leave. With all those teams having just oodles of cap room- everyone that is half decent is going to get paid a TON next year.

As for the draft?- Obviously one of the advantages of winning 37 games is getting a decent lotto pick- and having Winslow fall was fortuitous. I think Winslow could have gone top 5 as I think he is very similar to Michael Kidd-Gilchrist on the Hornets who went #2 overall a few years ago- but it looks like some teams were scared away by his offense. It takes a while to develop from a 19 year old kid into a legit perimeter defender- but MKG is now one of the best in the league after a couple years of seasoning- and Winslow could get to that point in a few years- though I think MKG is a slightly better athlete- but I think Winslow's shot is not quite as broken as MKG's was. Very similar players though in my opinion.

My buddy? You don't need to attack Turnup through me. Turnup can handle himself.

What I said.. was the Heat had the best offseason. You said Gerald Green and Amar'e aren't a big deal. I reminded you of Justise Winslow and the fact these 3 players are essentially replacing 3 D leaguers the heat had on their bench. I will ask again... Name me the team with a better off season than Miami. I won't argue Spurs. They have done great. But who is better? Lance Stephenson to LA? There really weren't any huge FA gets outside of Spurs and maybe Ellis landing in Indy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddy? You don't need to attack Turnup through me. Turnup can handle himself.

What I said.. was the Heat had the best offseason. You said Gerald Green and Amar'e aren't a big deal. I reminded you of Justise Winslow and the fact these 3 players are essentially replacing 3 D leaguers the heat had on their bench. I will ask again... Name me the team with a better off season than Miami. I won't argue Spurs. They have done great. But who is better? Lance Stephenson to LA? There really weren't any huge FA gets outside of Spurs and maybe Ellis landing in Indy.
Ehh....Monroe to Milwaukee was a big time get ESPECIALLY because he fits them perfect. They have a rim protecting center in Henson- have their backcourt in MCW and Middleton, and of course Giannis at the 3...they needed a scoring and rebounding 4 that can post up and thats exactly what they got- a very good one. Bucks will be getting back Parker, bringing in Monroe, --- thats a nice starting 5- young, very athletic and very good defensively....off the bench Plumlee, Mayo, Vazquez...not bad at all...

Spurs of course too like you said.

Pacers kinda re-did their whole team by getting rid of Hibbert and adding Ellis, Hill,

Sacramento added Rondo, Bellinelli,

Dallas - Wes Mathews was a big signing

Toronto gave Demarre Carroll 60 million which just might be ridiculous...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wes Matthews coming off a torn achilles late in the season was a big signing? Wow lol it usually take guys 2+ years to play like they did prior to the injury.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3