• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks are definitely my team to watch in the East and while they are still young and might need a little time to come together just look at what they have done in that small market.

PG- MCW
SG- Khris Middleton- A great 2 way player-
SF- Giannis A. - one of the up and coming stars in the league
PF- Monroe- obviously he is a very good PF
C- Henson...

I mean- where does that leave Jabari Parker? lol- maybe since he was just a rookie and coming off that injury they will start by bringing him off the bench- but damn. that is pretty darn good. The rest of the bench is pretty good too- with Miles Plumlee playing the 4/5 off the bench, OJ Mayo a scoring wing off the bench, Greivis Vazquez backing up the point- young talent Tyler Ennis to develop into a rotation PG....

MCW, Middleton, Giannis, Monroe, Henson, Parker is a heckuva young core....gotta give a lot of credit to Milwaukee who has done it through the draft and smart signings---- the only big signing being Monroe who fits perfectly.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks are definitely my team to watch in the East and while they are still young and might need a little time to come together just look at what they have done in that small market.

PG- MCW
SG- Khris Middleton- A great 2 way player-
SF- Giannis A. - one of the up and coming stars in the league
PF- Monroe- obviously he is a very good PF
C- Henson...

I mean- where does that leave Jabari Parker? lol- maybe since he was just a rookie and coming off that injury they will start by bringing him off the bench- but damn. that is pretty darn good. The rest of the bench is pretty good too- with Miles Plumlee playing the 4/5 off the bench, OJ Mayo a scoring wing off the bench, Greivis Vazquez backing up the point- young talent Tyler Ennis to develop into a rotation PG....

MCW, Middleton, Giannis, Monroe, Henson, Parker is a heckuva young core....gotta give a lot of credit to Milwaukee who has done it through the draft and smart signings---- the only big signing being Monroe who fits perfectly.

Yep.

I'm gonna watch as many Minny and Bucks games as I can next year.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reading through this thread since I was last here and I'm assuming Wiggy is lashing out at folks? Is that correct?

I can't read his posts because he's on ignore.

Why would you want to do that?

Takes the fun out of the thread if you ignore the trolling.

PS. You are not really ignoring him if you constantly mention his name is posts...:dhd:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want to do that?

Takes the fun out of the thread if you ignore the trolling.

PS. You are not really ignoring him if you constantly mention his name is posts...:dhd:

Drunk Eli finally lost all his hair due to the cancer treatment. However, he's in great spirits despite it.

Oh.......and Mick is back in Ireland.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drunk Eli finally lost all his hair due to the cancer treatment. However, he's in great spirits despite it.

Oh.......and Mick is back in Ireland.

Damn...Not about the Mick part.

I knew he would get extradited eventually...lol

I will Email Pete.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julius Randle, D'Angelo Russell won't be handed keys until Lakers commit to full rebuild - NBA - SI.com

Interesting article from one of SI's premier writers on the Lakers.

Guy really hits Randle hard here for only being able to go to his left- which is a serious issue for Randle.

Good stuff overall though- showing progress.

Nevertheless, the lost season has put Randle's progress on pause. The strength of his game is his offense, and there he remains very, very predictable. His preference for directly attacking the basket is obvious, his reliance upon his left hand is even more obvious, and his finishing ability has been lacking. "I've got to be better," he said after going 2-for-8 in the loss to the Knicks. "End of story."

Randle's comfort with the ball in his hands and natural scoring drive help him draw lots of contact, and he's been a regular at the free-throw line. But for much of this week, he has been a one-tricky pony, albeit a very muscular and determined pony.

"Everything he does is going left," said one NBA talent evaluator in attendance on Wednesday. "If he drives right, he just spins back left. He looks to drop-step left every time. He's had a few dunks but he doesn't consistently get above the defense to finish. He's used to being the strongest guy on the court and bullying his way to lay-ups."

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julius Randle, D'Angelo Russell won't be handed keys until Lakers commit to full rebuild - NBA - SI.com

Interesting article from one of SI's premier writers on the Lakers.

Guy really hits Randle hard here for only being able to go to his left- which is a serious issue for Randle.

Good stuff overall though- showing progress.

Nevertheless, the lost season has put Randle's progress on pause. The strength of his game is his offense, and there he remains very, very predictable. His preference for directly attacking the basket is obvious, his reliance upon his left hand is even more obvious, and his finishing ability has been lacking. "I've got to be better," he said after going 2-for-8 in the loss to the Knicks. "End of story."

Randle's comfort with the ball in his hands and natural scoring drive help him draw lots of contact, and he's been a regular at the free-throw line. But for much of this week, he has been a one-tricky pony, albeit a very muscular and determined pony.

"Everything he does is going left," said one NBA talent evaluator in attendance on Wednesday. "If he drives right, he just spins back left. He looks to drop-step left every time. He's had a few dunks but he doesn't consistently get above the defense to finish. He's used to being the strongest guy on the court and bullying his way to lay-ups."
Goodness, technically the guy is still a rookie. I'm sure when he plays a few games and sees he won't get much done without other moves he'll learn to adjust and develop a better game.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm amazed at how positive he is, he must have a great support system.
What's going on with Mick and Eli?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CL67- Have you been watching the summer league? How do you think the Lakers look so far?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness, technically the guy is still a rookie. I'm sure when he plays a few games and sees he won't get much done without other moves he'll learn to adjust and develop a better game.

after all, look how many years it took LeBron to figure out HE needed other moves when he couldn't just drive to the basket...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CL67- Have you been watching the summer league? How do you think the Lakers look so far?

they definitely need work, but the youngsters we have will do fine if given the time to develop...

lotta argument on the Lakers board that Mitch gaffed our pick and we should've taken Okafor...

guess we'll see how THAT one goes...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they definitely need work, but the youngsters we have will do fine if given the time to develop...

lotta argument on the Lakers board that Mitch gaffed our pick and we should've taken Okafor...

guess we'll see how THAT one goes...
itll take some time for Russell- like the article said- he is a passer above all- and he does not exactly have NBA talent playing with him in summer league to get open and finish his passes.

Okafor was the most polished player in the draft- even over Towns. I would not be surprised if he had some early success numbers wise- but overall I do not see Okafor being an all star talent. He is soft defensively, and could be more athletic.

Russell might take a little time to get there- especially being a pass-first guy that is going to be expected to play with extremely high usage players like Kobe, Lou and Nick Young....but Russell will be an all star 2-3 years down the line and you will be glad you took him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Randle at Kentucky a lot- and would have taken him over Aaron Gordon who went earlier to the Magic in that draft- but to a certain extent Randle is a little bit of a project. I like Hibbert playing with him defensively since itll protect Randle in a big way--- but the article above was right in that Randle wont have any favors done ot him by Hibbert on the offensive end where opposing 4's and 5's will pack the center because both Hibbert and Randle struggle to hit the mid range shot.

I really believe that Randle will be a very solid starting level NBA power forward- but his game is very raw. His athletic ability and instincts are great- but he needs to do a lot of stuff - develop a reliable jumper (and ideally- EVENTUALLY- develop a 3ball game like Sullinger in Boston has), develop a right hand and some post moves, get his defense together.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
itll take some time for Russell- like the article said- he is a passer above all- and he does not exactly have NBA talent playing with him in summer league to get open and finish his passes.

Okafor was the most polished player in the draft- even over Towns. I would not be surprised if he had some early success numbers wise- but overall I do not see Okafor being an all star talent. He is soft defensively, and could be more athletic.

Russell might take a little time to get there- especially being a pass-first guy that is going to be expected to play with extremely high usage players like Kobe, Lou and Nick Young....but Russell will be an all star 2-3 years down the line and you will be glad you took him.
I think the possibility he'll put up good numbers early is very high because of the vets he'll be playing with. Kobe and Young already know what to do with the ball...and Randle could benefit from a pass-first pg imo.