• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just curious, who did wade do his against?

Come on, Wiggy, I went to the all the trouble of hyperlinking the box score... All you had to do was click on it :-)

It was the Knicks.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck cares about a 2-point difference in a career high in points? Particularly in a regular season game? Wade was the '09 scoring champion, as well as the Finals MVP in 2006, while putting on arguably the most impressive Finals series performance. Where's Kyrie on that?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck cares about a 2-point difference in a career high in points? Particularly in a regular season game? Wade was the '09 scoring champion, as well as the Finals MVP in 2006, while putting on arguably the most impressive Finals series performance. Where's Kyrie on that?

Same place he was for the last 5 games of the finals. On the sidelines, in a suit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, Wiggy, I went to the all the trouble of hyperlinking the box score... All you had to do was click on it :-)

It was the Knicks.
oh the Knicks! right...lol...

Kyrie's 57 was on the road against the Spurs. did you know that? :yes:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is for sure about Kyrie and Love. Odds are one of them will be injured by the time the playoffs begin.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching Antawn Jamison score 50 points in back to back games.

KG never topped 47 in a game.

So...there's that.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kyrie is good et all but don't compare him to Wade yet....Kyrie has been injury prone in his frst several years in the league. Also, Wade has a finals MVP, a league scoring title, and 3 championships coupled with a final four appearance. The posts here are why Ohio fans are seen as irrational. Calm down.....win something first.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember watching Antawn Jamison score 50 points in back to back games.

KG never topped 47 in a game.

So...there's that.
Mo Williams scored over 50 in a game last year strangely enough.

I know its not a huge deal- but I like being able to say that Kyrie Irving has a more prolific scoring single game than Dwade in his career. Dwade is a hall of famer and scoring is his calling card.

Kyrie is such a talented and fun player to watch though. No one handles the ball better than he does. As soon as you saw him stop going to the hoop in the playoffs you knew something was wrong- because the layups he finishes at those crazy angles with that crazy spin are just amazing.

His outside shooting is elite- and his ability to get to the rim is elite. Its not often you get both of those together and its what makes him so difficult to guard.

His clutchness is just off the charts too as he has already hit a bunch of game winners and clutch shots- because its so hard for the defense to guard both of those.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why i actually kinda like this kid, he's got some serious talent. problem is keeping him healthy...

No shit...He is a deadly shooter if he could stay healthy, he could honestly be a superstar, no doubt.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said yesterday- On Grantland there was an article contemplating a Kyrie for Cp3 trade- that went on about how CP3 at 30 is a better fit with LeBron- and Kyrie at 23 is a better fit with the younger Griffin and Jordan.

I do not think either team would do the trade- especially because of Kyrie's contract which at about 18M a year is going to look REALLY REALLY good going forward when guys like Reggie Jackson and Brandon Knight and Goran Dragic- much less accomplished players -are getting similar deals.

Interesting thought though. CP3 would be a good fit with LeBron and Love- and, being a 1st team defender, would obviously be a large defensive upgrade over Kyrie- but CP3 is 30, with actual chronic knee issues, and his contract is up in 2 years - where he will be 32 and asking for a Max that could be up to 30M a year.....

interesting thing to contemplate though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit...He is a deadly shooter if he could stay healthy, he could honestly be a superstar, no doubt.
yah. It just sucks that he got hurt at the worst time because for the most part he was healthy the whole year- and played a TON of minutes- 3rd in the league in minutes per game played. With Mo on board there will be no reason that Kyrie should be playing top 5 minutes in the entire league--- especially since its not like he is the teams only scorer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is good et all but don't compare him to Wade yet....Kyrie has been injury prone in his frst several years in the league. Also, Wade has a finals MVP, a league scoring title, and 3 championships coupled with a final four appearance. The posts here are why Ohio fans are seen as irrational. Calm down.....win something first.

Well Kyrie has Lebron now. Do you think Wade would have won without Shaq or Lebron? Prob not. Kyrie finally has his Batman and he is still very young remember. Just to point out Wade was Batman when Shaq was there though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Kyrie has Lebron now. Do you think Wade would have won without Shaq or Lebron? Prob not. Kyrie finally has his Batman and he is still very young remember. Just to point out Wade was Batman when Shaq was there though.
very true.

Nobody wins an NBA title without a lot of help.

I just love Kyrie's competitiveness and talent. Kobe Bryant believes that Irving is destined to be a super star. Simmons in his annual trade value column listed Kyrie as the 10th most valuable player in the league.

When Jalen Rose and I taped The Grantland Basketball Hour with Kobe last month, we were killing time during one of the commercial breaks and I asked Kobe if he had any “new” favorite players. You know how great chefs always identify the other up-and-coming great chefs? Kobe fancies himself as that guy for the NBA alpha dog/badass/overcompetitive mf’er corner. Knows it when he sees it. Even brags about being able to see it. He sniffed it out early with Westbrook (his favorite current star) in 2012 and — to my surprise — he’s sniffing it with Kyrie now and said as much. He loves Kyrie.

That is pretty cool- and is so damn high praise from Kobe. Kyrie could be destined for some great things- and is in a situation where he could do a lot of good things. It will be a lot of fun watching him grow with Bron and Love over the next 4-5 years. As I said- just maybe Kyrie/Bron/Love can grow together and have some of the same success Duncan/Ginobili/PArker have enjoyed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delly wants 4 mil.

See ya :wave:
they would have given him 3...i dunno- its stupid to get all PO'd about 1M but it really costs gilbert like 5 Mill, lol....

As long as Thompson and Delly dont sign an offer sheet else where- the ball is really in the Cavs court.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Kyries game against the Spurs when Pop sat the whole team?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came in here to see if there were in recent developments in the NBA free agency and I found @WiggyRuss sucking off the Cavs one by one.