• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is much better and they have a pretty good bench. Their starting lineup is very good but the bench is still questionable.

They have a pretty good bench that is questionable? Or do they have a questionably pretty good bench? Or are you questioning that they have a pretty good bench? :puzzled:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh...like when I gave you the Vegas odds on the Cavs at 2-1 and the Heat at 30-1....thanks...

That's to win a championship, and that's what the odds should be.
Vegas has to make Cavs odds lower then the top WC teams because of the perceived competition.

Like I said, head to head, 3-4 teams are prob favored over the Cavs in a best of 7.
2 for sure, Spurs and Warriors.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a pretty good bench that is questionable? Or do they have a questionably pretty good bench? Or are you questioning that they have a pretty good bench? :puzzled:

lol On paper, they have a pretty good bench. But like I said I am interesting to see how certain guys play, especially the young guys.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is much better and they have a pretty good bench. Their starting lineup is very good but the bench is still questionable. While it looks like Chalmer and Andersen could be gone. The main guys are Green (a good pickup), Winslow (not sure how he will be in his rookie year), and both Johnson and Ennis are kind of inexperienced. Napier could improve and Haslem is aging. So a lot of questions but no question there starting lineup has potential just some questions about how the bench will work out. Shit there is a lot of questions about a bunch of teams though lol
Just about everyone you mentioned except green & Winslow probably won't be a big part of the rotation. Either Johnson or Ennis will get cut & guys like haslem & Napier likely won't be a part of the rotation. The bench guys I expect to play are Chalmers ( if he isn't traded), Green, Winslow, Mcbob, & Amare. That is a really solid bench. Not great but definitely solid

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is much better and they have a pretty good bench. Their starting lineup is very good but the bench is still questionable. While it looks like Chalmer and Andersen could be gone. The main guys are Green (a good pickup), Winslow (not sure how he will be in his rookie year), and both Johnson and Ennis are kind of inexperienced. Napier could improve and Haslem is aging. So a lot of questions but no question there starting lineup has potential just some questions about how the bench will work out. Shit there is a lot of questions about a bunch of teams though lol

Very true. You bringing this up actually made me think how critical Winslow is to the season. The Heat were affected last season due to injures - that's blatantly obvious. You can plug Winslow at the 2 or 3, which is where Miami's two most fragile players are in Wade and Deng. There will *likely* be some type of maintenance plan on either of those players, and Winslow will have to grow very fast and quick. He does almost everything well, but he needs to work on his jump shooting.

I think Rio and Birdman are gone. There's just inconsistency and age respectively and they're taking up valuable cap space. Haslem for the $2.5 - $3 mil is not bad, but he's a 12th or 13th man on the bench at this point. The bench will determine how far Miami goes. As far as a starting 5 goes, I'll take Miami right up there with the Spurs, Cavs, and Warriros; but you need depth in this league and the ability to go to a solid 10-man rotation.

I also like Miami's 2nd round pick in Josh Richardson who's proven he could plug into multiple positions and could be a solid perimeter defender as well. We'll see how the season turns out though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about everyone you mentioned except green & Winslow probably won't be a big part of the rotation. Either Johnson or Ennis will get cut & guys like haslem & Napier likely won't be a part of the rotation. The bench guys I expect to play are Chalmers ( if he isn't traded), Green, Winslow, Mcbob, & Amare. That is a really solid bench. Not great but definitely solid

Well if Chalmers gets traded they have Napier, who isnt really proven. I like Green and Winslow looks like he could be good. But Amare will probably play more than people think, they really dont have any other bigs except Andersen and Haslem. McRoberts is decent but wasnt he injured all of last year, he should be healthy now though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. You bringing this up actually made me think how critical Winslow is to the season. The Heat were affected last season due to injures - that's blatantly obvious. You can plug Winslow at the 2 or 3, which is where Miami's two most fragile players are in Wade and Deng. There will *likely* be some type of maintenance plan on either of those players, and Winslow will have to grow very fast and quick. He does almost everything well, but he needs to work on his jump shooting.

I think Rio and Birdman are gone. There's just inconsistency and age respectively and they're taking up valuable cap space. Haslem for the $2.5 - $3 mil is not bad, but he's a 12th or 13th man on the bench at this point. The bench will determine how far Miami goes. As far as a starting 5 goes, I'll take Miami right up there with the Spurs, Cavs, and Warriros; but you need depth in this league and the ability to go to a solid 10-man rotation.

I also like Miami's 2nd round pick in Josh Richardson who's proven he could plug into multiple positions and could be a solid perimeter defender as well. We'll see how the season turns out though.

Winslow is huge IMO. They main guys will be PG Chalmers??, Napier SG Green SF Winslow, McRoberts PF Haslem?? C Amare

Green is the sixth man. McRoberts is a key guy, but Winslow is the x-factor off the bench. They dont have any bigs that can score other than Amare off the bench really.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat should be able to compete with the Bucks/Wiz/Raptors/Pacers for one of those middle type Eastern Conference Seeds.....

It would be a lot of fun to have Miami be the 5th seed and the Cavs to be the 1 seed and meet in the 2nd round- IF the HEat could win in the first round AND make the playoffs- which- would represent a HUMONGOUS improvement from last year.

I WANT to see a Heat/Cavs playoff massacre. It would be a lot of fun. I am just not sure the Heat are up to making it- I remember all the talk last year after the Dragic trade- only to be dissapointed by the Heat shitting their pants. Hopefully that doesnt happen this year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winslow is huge IMO. They main guys will be PG Chalmers??, Napier SG Green SF Winslow, McRoberts PF Haslem?? C Amare

Green is the sixth man. McRoberts is a key guy, but Winslow is the x-factor off the bench. They dont have any bigs that can score other than Amare off the bench really.

Very true, as far as front court rotation goes. I think they're going to have to rely on Amare, Bosh, Whiteside, and Birdman sparingly if he isn't traded.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winslow could be very good eventually- but even a guy like MKG- who was one of the best and most athletic college defenders I have ever seen was a liability his first year defensively....3-4 years down the line- he could be what MKG is now--- but right off the bat its rare to have a rookie- even a highly regarded one- that can defend on a high level.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat should be able to compete with the Bucks/Wiz/Raptors/Pacers for one of those middle type Eastern Conference Seeds.....

It would be a lot of fun to have Miami be the 5th seed and the Cavs to be the 1 seed and meet in the 2nd round- IF the HEat could win in the first round AND make the playoffs- which- would represent a HUMONGOUS improvement from last year.

I WANT to see a Heat/Cavs playoff massacre. It would be a lot of fun. I am just not sure the Heat are up to making it- I remember all the talk last year after the Dragic trade- only to be dissapointed by the Heat shitting their pants. Hopefully that doesnt happen this year.

Oops, I gave you a facepalm. Please don't have a bitch fit over it, mmmmkay?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winslow could be very good eventually- but even a guy like MKG- who was one of the best and most athletic college defenders I have ever seen was a liability his first year defensively....3-4 years down the line- he could be what MKG is now--- but right off the bat its rare to have a rookie- even a highly regarded one- that can defend on a high level.

Not all rookies are the same. Jesus Christ you're fucking stupid.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah because the heat fans knew of bosh bloodclot at the time of the dragic trade right? You can't be this stupid. I have no idea why you think Atlanta is some lock for a top 3 seed. Miami can finish anywhere between 2nd & 5th imo

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all rookies are the same. Jesus Christ you're fucking stupid.
Im just saying rookies almost never defend at a high level in the NBA- even ones like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist who is the best and most athletic defender to come into the league ina long while. Despite a broken shot he was drafted #2.....Winslow is not the athlete MKG is- but he has a little better shot. Winslow will probably be somehwere between a slightly below avg. to average defender his rookie year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just saying rookies almost never defend at a high level in the NBA- even ones like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist who is the best and most athletic defender to come into the league ina long while. Despite a broken shot he was drafted #2.....Winslow is not the athlete MKG is- but he has a little better shot. Winslow will probably be somehwere between a slightly below avg. to average defender his rookie year.

We'll see. There have been players get picked in the top 10 that didn't pan out, then there are the Jimmy Butler's of the world that come out of nowhere. All depends on the player themselves, work ethic, ability, and coaching. The coaching part and ability are there. He just needs to put the rest of it together.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because the heat fans knew of bosh bloodclot at the time of the dragic trade right? You can't be this stupid. I have no idea why you think Atlanta is some lock for a top 3 seed. Miami can finish anywhere between 2nd & 5th imo
After the Cavs made it to Game 6 of the Finals with all their injuries- I find it EXTREMELY difficult to listen to you crying and whining about the Heat's injuries when they ended up finishing 10th in the East and finishing behind a Boston team that traded away all their best players and had their own injury issues. IF Dragic/Wade/Whiteside was not enough to get passed Boston and Brooklyn- you must be tripping on acid to believe adding Bosh to the mix makes them any threat to the Cavs LOL..

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justice Winslow scouting report:

"Strengths: Big time athlete with elite level speed and athleticism ... Shows the ability to score in a variety of ways, with spot up shooting as well as scoring off the dribble ... Can finish at the rim with highlight dunks, and does a good job of utilizing his great body strength to absorb contact ... Very dangerous in the open floor with his speed and leaping ability ... Tremendous basketball body with solid wingspan and great body strength considering his age ... One of those rare kids that had an NBA ready body coming out of high school ... Lefty shooter with nice touch ... Has knocked down the college 3 ball at a good clip and with steady volume (39% with 1.4 makes per game) ... Excellent on ball defender showing great lateral speed and awareness as well as a high effort level. Even blocks some shots, making use of his great quickness and timing ... Has done a solid job of avoiding turnovers and making solid decisions with the ball, as evidenced by his positive a/to ratio ... Comfortable handling the ball on the break ... Has exhibited a nice ability to create off the dribble from the perimeter and get to the rim and finish ... Also has good body control and touch on the move. His ability to convert plays while operating at such a high rate of speed is very intriguing ... Smart kid and considered a high character individual
Weaknesses: Throughout his high school and AAU career he flashed tremendous talent but struggled to sustain a high level of consistency ... Can lose focus at times during games, but has been a lot more consistent and prepared then expected ... He needs to continue to show a high level of aggression and intensity in order to realize his immense talent ... Shot shows high potential but still has some minor kinks in his mechanics that need to be ironed out in order to add range and consistency ... Should look to improve upon his current 62% FT shooting."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Cavs made it to Game 6 of the Finals with all their injuries- I find it EXTREMELY difficult to listen to you crying and whining about the Heat's injuries when they ended up finishing 10th in the East and finishing behind a Boston team that traded away all their best players and had their own injury issues. IF Dragic/Wade/Whiteside was not enough to get passed Boston and Brooklyn- you must be tripping on acid to believe adding Bosh to the mix makes them any threat to the Cavs LOL..

Because you have LeBron James. Swap LeBron injury with Kyrie or Love & Cleveland would have got destroyed by Chicago if LeBron was out instead kyrie or love.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you have LeBron James. Swap LeBron injury with Kyrie or Love & Cleveland would have got destroyed by Chicago if LeBron was out instead kyrie or love.

Those facts keep hurting Wiggy. But he constantly talks about the Heat. You take Lebron off that team, Cavs are a 4-6 seed. Period.