• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "2014 LeBron James" Superthread

Which is better for Lebron's Legacy

• Get 1 title for Cleveland

Votes: 31 93.9%
  • Get 6 titles with multiple teams

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what's he gonna choose?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChiTownCliff

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron Betrays Miami - Funny Video!

I found this on youtube. I thought it was funny. Enjoy!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost cried, the facial expressions were so damn funny!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebrons legacy anyone?

Now before admins take me to the superthread, i think this stands on its own.

Also, before anyone goes, Kobe this or Jordan that, this thread is not about them. As was the case with Bryant and Jordan, its time for Lebron to have his own spotlight in the individual legacy category. So for your amusement...

==================================================================

So where we at with Lebrons legacy anyway?

Here we had this highly touted kid, from AKRON, OHIO. From where? Alright whatever. Hes going to be the next what? Hes good enough to be the next who? Alright lets take a look at this kid. Hes pretty good. When he first came into the league for such a young cat he put up some good numbers. Nothing special though. How many rooks have done that and been long forgotten since? Alright. So he started to grow into a man, and his physical gifts became apparent. He transformed into a physical specimen, and he used it to the fullest. Then the basketball IQ came along and watch out! This kid can score, rebound, and pass? Not bad, not bad. He became a god in Cleveland. I mean an absolute sports god. Everyone in Ohio i can imagine wanted to see Lebron. Lebron helped put the NBA back on the Pop culture map. He was awe inspiring and polarizing, as many great talents are. He was also tremendous dunker, and we all love our tremendous dunks.

So he has it all, fame, money, talent. But i think it all started to weight on him. Did anybody read the letter he wrote in SI? He wanted out of Cleveland. He made that abundantly clear.

"Remember when I was sitting up there at the Boys & Girls Club in 2010? I was thinking, This is really tough. I could feel it. I was leaving something I had spent a long time creating. If I had to do it all over again, I’d obviously do things differently, but I’d still have left."

I think the pressure got to Lebron to be honest. And he ran. And i think he knows he ran. But who hasn't right? He was a young kid. I don't blame him. I always thought the reason he did "The decision" on live TV was because he was young and dumb. Just a dumb young kid. A kid who was a millionaire, the "KING", and could do no wrong. Everyone loved him. I mean they called him "King James" for shitfucks sake. Isn't funny though, how love can make a person run?

If he would have won 1 title in Cleveland it would have been worth the 6 he promised for Miami. So what was his decision? He ran to where he could win the quickest and easiest way. The Heat at the time where really the only place he could have done so with roster make ups around the league at the time. He turned his back on that city. On that state. The people that loved him and worshiped him. The city of Cleveland especially loved him. It devastated the local economy when he left. He didn't just leave, the left dust and ashes in his wake. Talk about pressure. He choose winning over loyalty. I know its a business, and he has his rights. But WHO forced his hand? Who made him make his "Decision".

Obviously for Lebron James, it was not about commitment. It wasn't about commitment for the city of Cleveland, and it wasn't about commitment for the city of Miami. He obviously was really confused, by his
"Decisions" and as his "Letter" clearly indicates.

His situation is most unique i must say. He had it all already, and in the city he could most closely call home, but he needed more.

The stories about how much Cleveland loved Lebron are legendary. The one i always remember are how people FLYING OVER THE CITY could see the huge banners that covered entire skyscrapers with the words

"WITNESS"

What more can i say?

Millions upon millions were lost.

So Lebron was right....

"People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I’m their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now."

I think he was disappointed in himself. I also think he felt the disappointment from the people of Ohio. In some strange way maybe he just didn't want to disappoint them anymore eh? He felt the pressure and needed to win. I dont think it was the pressure of being an all time great. No not at all. How many times does Lebron have to prove to the world? The "Decision", this letter, his lack of wanting to step up to the MOMENT so that we may all WITNESS. It was an unfair pressure of being so beloved, so highly touted, so talented, that it became almost mythical.

In an interview before the end of the season of 2009-10 he said,

"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

James also was asked what he could say to the people in Cleveland, and it was noteworthy that he used the past tense in saying "We had a great time together."

Today? Today hes a proven winner. But backed by what? Proven that he needs to win with 2 other Superstars? He had a much shitter roster in Cleveland, that much is certain. But his rosters in Miami were not even on the same planet. So it goes both ways.

When he left Cleveland he was nothing more then a proven loser. Its harsh i know, but it fits enough for me. Todays scenarios look like he can lure, rather then be lured. Promise, rather then be promised. In fact, in some ways Lebron has more power then ever in Cleveland. And he owes that to Miami.

We are not going to compare him to the greats. He belongs in the talent/Numbers comparison. Sure. But the winning is what puts you up with the all timers. How many greats played the game in the past, yesteryear, and present that we simply forget? I mean if Charles Barkley wasn't on TV i would have forgotten the mutherfucker if not for the occasional Phoenix fan and drunken all time great ramblings im sure we all have been a part of. Besides his career is far from over.

I dont think Lebron James wants to be the greatest of all time. I dont think that at all. He just doesnt show me he does. I still dont understand why he left Miami. I thought u wanted to win James? Now you want to do whats right? Is that really what this is all about? I really dont know what to make of "decision 2.0". Now hes done to Miami what he did to Cleveland. But in the end, in peoples eyes the NBA world over, "Home" is much more important then "Home away from home".

The saddest part about all this is that Lebrons legacy is not about winning. Its not about losing. Its not about stats. Its not about titles. Its not even about being an all time great.

Its about his mentality.

And that part his character has been ravaged by many people far and wide.

Cause when the going gets tough, Lebron gets............ the fuck outta there?

Lebrons only chance at redemption is us seeing a Lebron we have never seen before.

And im not sure that will ever happen.

But one thing is for certain, 1 title in Cleveland will mean more then any other title in NBA history in my eyes.

Goodluck Cleveland!

Since @HammerDown is in the mood for bumping old ass threads.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat interesting that many of those 31 posters who voted for "Get 1 title for Cleveland" are now back to saying "talk to me when he has 6 titles".

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat interesting that many of those 31 posters who voted for "Get 1 title for Cleveland" are now back to saying "talk to me when he has 6 titles".
lol...did you expect different?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this thread smells like....victory! lol. how beautiful

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you posting in the thread if it is so boring...obsessed
I think you are on to something here shane......love and hate are 2 very closely related emotions....i mean its clear no one on these boards obsesses about LeBron as much as CL67. Might he be a closest LeBron lover? I think that is a very real possibility! Deep down you know he has LeBron replica championship rings and LeBron fat heads all around his house.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, go with that...:rolleyes2:

can't tell a man what to believe...
tell us CL67....is this all an act? you really do love LeBron dont you? i know who was buying all those CAvs and Heat jerseys on E-bay...your closet is full of them isnt it?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tell us CL67....is this all an act? you really do love LeBron dont you? i know who was buying all those CAvs and Heat jerseys on E-bay...your closet is full of them isnt it?

you seriously didn't ask me this did you? lmfao you couldn't pay me a billion dollars to own that fool's jersey...

the only thing it'd be good for in MY home is toilet paper...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bumped this thread for my own glory, nothing more, probably less.