• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

To the LeBron haters

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually,

That was the second time he retired. He came back twice.
He never did anything noteworthy for the Wizards though - he was too old and far gone, but if he had fun - that was all that mattered

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan still average at 20ppg. At 40 years old and bad wheels, I would say thats good. I think he had a few 40-50 point games as well

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan had 51 points in a game with the Wizards, which is one of the highest scoring games in team history. I think only Arenas had higher?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checking in to see if Lebron still sucks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan had 51 points in a game with the Wizards, which is one of the highest scoring games in team history. I think only Arenas had higher?

I was at that game.

New Year's Eve against the Nets I believe.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is a beta version of Magic.

Still.. Top 12-13 all time.. Nothing to sneeze that. Great player.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is a beta version of Magic.
Still.. Top 12-13 all time.. Nothing to sneeze that. Great player.

At least Top 25 -- that's for sure.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan still average at 20ppg. At 40 years old and bad wheels, I would say thats good. I think he had a few 40-50 point games as well

At the same time, he had a mediocre FG% during his Wizards years, so the only reason he was scoring 20 was because of the number of shots (not because of efficiency).

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it hurt's West's legacy as well which is why he isn't top 10 all time. Its about what you do on the big stage, and the fact Lebron couldn't even maintain a WINNING finals record knocks him down the peg from those who could.

It's flawed logic however, because you're not going to convince anyone that it's better to lose in the 1st/2nd/3rd round than in the finals (as losing in those earlier rounds doesn't hurt finals record).

If Lebron were 3-1 in the finals as opposed to 3-5, the real thing that tells us is that he made the finals 3x less. Better to make the finals and lose than not make the finals at all...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's flawed logic however, because you're not going to convince anyone that it's better to lose in the 1st/2nd/3rd round than in the finals (as losing in those earlier rounds doesn't hurt finals record).

If Lebron were 3-1 in the finals as opposed to 3-5, the real thing that tells us is that he made the finals 3x less. Better to make the finals and lose than not make the finals at all...

Ding ding ding!

It is truly amazing that people honestly believe a 3-5 Finals record is a legacy stain. He has been the best player on a Finals team 8 times and won 3. Probably going to be 3-6 after this year.

Only Bill Russell had had as many Finals appearances as his team's clear cut best player. Magic and Kareem each had each other.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think anyone that wouldn't want LeBron on their team is taking their issues w/ him way too far. I can't stand him but it makes no sense that anyone wouldn't want the best all around player in the league on their team. Damn right it wouldn't it bother me if LeBron is wearing Celtic Green next year. Of course that's not gonna happen but it sure would be funny to see Mr. Flat Earth's reaction. I bet he'd be like...

:exploding:

#kyriewillstillbeanassholein2018
Well you're certainly entitled to your own opinion - but don't hate on those of us that would prefer he play for a team other than the one - in my case - the ones - that I root for.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you're certainly entitled to your own opinion - but don't hate on those of us that would prefer he play for a team other than the one - in my case - the ones - that I root for.

thank you...

'sides, it's been proven 5 times he's not necessary for a team to win a title...:D

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron paints his hair on.

Not cool to hate retards.
Well after the camera man gave us a close up of the back of his head during the game against the Celts he CLEARLY forgot a few spots. :dhd:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ding ding ding!

It is truly amazing that people honestly believe a 3-5 Finals record is a legacy stain. He has been the best player on a Finals team 8 times and won 3. Probably going to be 3-6 after this year.

Only Bill Russell had had as many Finals appearances as his team's clear cut best player. Magic and Kareem each had each other.
I'm not sure how some can consider a losing % on the biggest stage doesn't separate him from the other greats that have a winning %. I think at that level (franchise player/all time great list) that should certainly matter. IMO a supporting factor is this: the fact that MJ has never lost in the Finals holds so much weight in the debate of GOAT & is often used as a supporting factor - yet we're supposed to be indifferent about one's losing record on the same stage - although he's constantly being compared to MJ?

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how some can consider a losing % on the biggest stage doesn't separate him from the other greats that have a winning %. I think at that level (franchise player/all time great list) that should certainly matter. IMO a supporting factor is this: the fact that MJ has never lost in the Finals holds so much weight in the debate of GOAT & is often used as a supporting factor - yet we're supposed to be indifferent about one's losing record on the same stage - although he's constantly being compared to MJ?

Is losing in the conference finals (or even not making the playoffs) better than losing in the finals?

If Jordan were 6-7 in the finals as opposed to 6-0, should his legacy be worse? I wouldn't say so, as the 7 losses means that he went to 7 additional finals as opposed to being eliminated in an earlier round (or not making the playoffs).

I think it's completely logical to use finals wins as a barometer, but I don't see the logic in using finals losses as a detriment because it values not making the finals as being better than making the finals and losing.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is losing in the conference finals (or even not making the playoffs) better than losing in the finals?

If Jordan were 6-7 in the finals as opposed to 6-0, should his legacy be worse? I wouldn't say so, as the 7 losses means that he went to 7 additional finals as opposed to being eliminated in an earlier round (or not making the playoffs).

I think it's completely logical to use finals wins as a barometer, but I don't see the logic in using finals losses as a detriment because it values not making the finals as being better than making the finals and losing.
I don't agree that there are "levels" in losing. A loss is a loss IMO. No matter which round it means you didn't attain your goal of winning. Period.

To answer your second question I'm not saying not making the Finals is better than making the Finals & losing. I'm looking at the end result - which again is a loss is a loss & the goal was not attained.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no prizes for second place in basketball. You can get your team to the finals 10 times; if you only win two and lose eight, nobody will think of you as a 'winner'

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree that there are "levels" in losing. A loss is a loss IMO. No matter which round it means you didn't attain your goal of winning. Period.

To answer your second question I'm not saying not making the Finals is better than making the Finals & losing. I'm looking at the end result - which again is a loss is a loss & the goal was not attained.

I don't agree....nobody would rather not make the finals than make the finals and lose.