• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time for Boise St to put its money where it mouth is

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catchin' my share still. Wife is good. Gettin' paid to run a poker site from home. The lezbo reference was in remembrance of HoundstoothMom, who told me that's what you were, oh so many years ago.

Sounds a like a good life, Beno: Woman, Fishin and Poker. Nice. Hope ole Houndstooth is O.K. She was pretty cool for a dirty bag Bama fan that is.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those 3 games you mention are pretty much your entire schedule. I don't know what SoS formula you are using because I don't see how any decent rankings could have Boise St anywhere near being better than Alabama's last year.

Haha. Your own silly site had Boise State with a stronger SOS than Alabama as I recall.

Listen, we are a small school in a small conference that achieves the improbable and at times impossible.

But you have a school with every possible advantage then crawl off to play Georgia State, Chattanooga, CSU and shit the bed in the only 2 games that matter. :wtf2:

When Alabama beats the 49ers, Seahawks and Patriots on the road in consecutive years and makes a serious run at a Superbowl -- you'll be on par with little Boise State taking down Georgia, Oregon, Va Tech and Oklahoma on national stages.

I mean This 100%. Until then -- you and all your Alabama Retarded Rednecks win some real games against NFL teams -- you just need to STFU because for all your success -- you have not accomplished what Boise State has :nod:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. Your own silly site had Boise State with a stronger SOS than Alabama as I recall.

Listen, we are a small school in a small conference that achieves the improbable and at times impossible.

But you have a school with every possible advantage then crawl off to play Georgia State, Chattanooga, CSU and shit the bed in the only 2 games that matter. :wtf2:

When Alabama beats the 49ers, Seahawks and Patriots on the road in consecutive years and makes a serious run at a Superbowl -- you'll be on par with little Boise State taking down Georgia, Oregon, Va Tech and Oklahoma on national stages.

I mean This 100%. Until then -- you and all your Alabama Retarded Rednecks win some real games against NFL teams -- you just need to STFU because for all your success -- you have not accomplished what Boise State has :nod:

You forget that little old Alabama did similar feats that Boise is doing today...back in the 20's and 30's to help southern football to have a place on the map. Your little feats are nothing more than what every top school had to endure to get where they are. The context of time or age doesnt make what you're doing anymore special or outstanding, its just what you call the right of passage. Every top 10 team history wise had growing pains like your little school is having and they all did it with dignity, class and hard work, not news headlines and whining about not getting respect. Instead they went out and earned that respect. My suggestion is keep doing what you are and the world will start to accept you a bit more, as long as you forget the whining about respect part. Respect is earned, not given.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets see that trophy case full of AP and BCS titles then. Its funny the arrogance you display yet have no context of reality to back up anything. Come on down to Bama and we will let you tour a real stadium, a real practice facility, and see real trophies. We might even let you tour the Bear Bryant Museum and see one of the greatest coaches to ever coach the games accomplishments, that trump anything that Boise has ever done in the world of Big Time Football. Come on down, we will show you some good ole southern hospitality and maybe educate you on what NCAA royalty has had to go through to earn its spot among the elite.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those 3 games you mention are pretty much your entire schedule. I don't know what SoS formula you are using because I don't see how any decent rankings could have Boise St anywhere near being better than Alabama's last year. You played Washington from the Pac as your best game. Or is it Fresno St you think is so quality? Not that it matters because you lost both of them along with 3 other games.

Which team was it that Boise St played that was so tough last year?

Was it FCS Tenn-Martin? Or was it 2-10 Air Force? Maybe 1-11 Southern Miss? 3-9 New Mexico St? 5-7 Wyoming.

I guess 4-8 Nevada must have had you sweating pretty hard. But you did have wins against 9-5 Utah St and 8-6 CSU.

So yeah, we played CSU last year in our weak OOC schedule and kicked the crap outta some pancake. But for you, it was one the better teams you played and the 2nd best win you had all year.

You lost as more games last year than Alabama has in over 3 years total - while playing more top5-10 teams than Boise St has in the past 10 years.

At the end of the day, I'm just happy I'm not a Boise St fan where the highlight of my football fandom is claiming single games years ago - and needing other teams like that to even join the conversation. And even then only as a minor annoyance from the ignorant arrogance.

Those single games are unfortunately all we've had. You have to admit though we've done really well for what we've had, we don't have near the conference strength, alums, revenues and history that Alabama has, but we've still managed to do very good despite that, obviously not near Alabama level though. I couldn't imagine being a fan of a team that has everything, being born in Boise and following our program while it was even in FCS, and also graduating from Bowling Green(they were my favorite FBS team until Boise State moved up) might be why I'm such a fan of the underdog. Being a Boise State fan is definitely a fun ride even if we aren't competing for championships yet, but I'm sure hoping one day we can join a bigger conference so we can.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forget that little old Alabama did similar feats that Boise is doing today...back in the 20's and 30's to help southern football to have a place on the map. Your little feats are nothing more than what every top school had to endure to get where they are. The context of time or age doesnt make what you're doing anymore special or outstanding, its just what you call the right of passage. Every top 10 team history wise had growing pains like your little school is having and they all did it with dignity, class and hard work, not news headlines and whining about not getting respect. Instead they went out and earned that respect. My suggestion is keep doing what you are and the world will start to accept you a bit more, as long as you forget the whining about respect part. Respect is earned, not given.

I think that a lot of the "Boise hype/hysteria" is/was fueled by the media and the 24/7 news cycle that sports has now. Teams like 'Bama, USC, tOSU, Texas, etc., etc. have gotten to be the "blue bloods" of cfb by building up their programs over the course of decades.

As you point out, in the 20's and 30's 'Bama was basically Boise, as were USC and most of the other current top programs. Back then, Ivy league schools, Army, Notre Dame, etc. were the "elite" programs. Boise just needs to keep doing what they are doing and they can get where they want to go. They can't just come in and expect to get in a decade what other teams have gotten over the course of several decades.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that a lot of the "Boise hype/hysteria" is/was fueled by the media and the 24/7 news cycle that sports has now. Teams like 'Bama, USC, tOSU, Texas, etc., etc. have gotten to be the "blue bloods" of cfb by building up their programs over the course of decades.

As you point out, in the 20's and 30's 'Bama was basically Boise, as were USC and most of the other current top programs. Back then, Ivy league schools, Army, Notre Dame, etc. were the "elite" programs. Boise just needs to keep doing what they are doing and they can get where they want to go. They can't just come in and expect to get in a decade what other teams have gotten over the course of several decades.

I blame this on the media and the world of Instant Gratification. As you stated, the Blue Bloods of today had to grow and take their lumps, but these wannabe's today want to come in and feel like they have earned a place at the table simply by winning a big game or two over the course of a few years. Household names like Bama, USC, Texas and many others spent decades to earn their respect and did so by playing in conferences like they are in now and playing among the best competition possible to get that respect. I find it laughable when one deluded individual states the following "Until then -- you and all your Alabama Retarded Rednecks win some real games against NFL teams -- you just need to STFU because for all your success -- you have not accomplished what Boise State has "

As if Boise has done what other teams before have not. Its truly sad the state of whining they do to earn respect they still are not deserving of.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise fans are the victims of a ranking system that leaves them feeling they are far far better than they really are. It's not their fault that they are so delusional.

At least I'm forced to view things that way if I won't want to look at them as being a total bunch of dumb fucks.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope, not even close.

Alabama ranked #60, 73% as tough as the toughest schedule.
Boise St ranked #111, 49% as tough as the toughest schedule.

You don't really think those were the only 2 tough games we played last year do you? You do realize they were to top5 teams and that we played a other top teams and beat them? Like LSU and A&M, and that team you think is so great for your schedule next year - Ole Miss.

:rollseyes:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those single games are unfortunately all we've had. You have to admit though we've done really well for what we've had, we don't have near the conference strength, alums, revenues and history that Alabama has, but we've still managed to do very good despite that, obviously not near Alabama level though. I couldn't imagine being a fan of a team that has everything, being born in Boise and following our program while it was even in FCS, and also graduating from Bowling Green(they were my favorite FBS team until Boise State moved up) might be why I'm such a fan of the underdog. Being a Boise State fan is definitely a fun ride even if we aren't competing for championships yet, but I'm sure hoping one day we can join a bigger conference so we can.

You are about the only reasonable Boise St fan around here, so don't take it personal. The Big12 needs slots, don't know why that hasn't happened yet, other than Boise St doesn't have enough market size.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are about the only reasonable Boise St fan around here, so don't take it personal. The Big12 needs slots, don't know why that hasn't happened yet, other than Boise St doesn't have enough market size.

Thanks sir, I'm still going to defend us LOL

The Big 12 likes their structure at the moment, if the playoff starts to favor conference championships then I think we'll get our chance.

Us basically becoming rivals with BYU will help us I feel like. Its not a big help but a minor one, a conference like the Big 12 would want to bring the two of us in as partners, as it's a little easier that way. Again this isn't a great deal, but any minor thing to keep us as a better choice helps.

We need to get back to where we were from 2008-11, that way we'll continue to spread as a brand. Before the surge we had 2008-11 I'm sure I was the only one in the state of Ohio that wore Boise State gear, now I'm seeing more and more people wearing Boise State, it's definitely good to see.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure i follow the logic, but if you read the article A home and home could come from this due to Battle needing an opponent.

Sure, but than the Bama fags would back out of half the deal, going to Boise. Kinda like they backed out of playing Sparty in E Lansing

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but than the Bama fags would back out of half the deal, going to Boise. Kinda like they backed out of playing Sparty in E Lansing

Lame by a long shot. Actually, I would like to see them play MSU now, but in the past it was no matchup even when they won a co-share of the B1G. That team got manhandled by one of Saban's worst teams of the past 5 seasons. That could very well be the outcome again, but one will never know until they play again. Something about the B1g that doesnt instill fear in the hearts of anyone anymore.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately, BSU doesn't bring much to the table. It's all about TV markets and BSU doesn't have one. Plus, what does BSU have to offer outside of football? I've never heard of BSU excelling in other sports.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always relying on the accomplishments of others, yet afraid to jump in the pool and try for yourself. Have fun with that Ole miss team, Bama sure did in our last outing. Anytime you want to try beating Bama for yourself, the phones lines work quite well and Battle will be glad to make sure you get the opportunity to speak for yourself. Wont hold my breath though, you like feeding on average teams too much.:nod:

So when will we be seeing you and your cute little niece/cousin/wife in Boise?:mo:

Look, quit playing stupid. We all know that what Bama wants is a sucker to come to Tuscaloosa. It has nothing to do with Boise or anyone else, for that matter.

Saban wants to follow the tried and true SEC OOC scheduling strategy, one decent, but beatable team, and three cupcakes.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban wants to follow the tried and true SEC OOC scheduling strategy, one decent, but beatable team, and three cupcakes.

Why isn't that strategy producing the same effects for Boise St?

Seems there must be some other factors involved.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't that strategy producing the same effects for Boise St?

Seems there must be some other factors involved.

Boise will be making TWO OOC road trips to major opponents, yet again this year, been doing it pretty much every year. Alabama hasn't done that, well, you tell me the last time that Alabama even PLAYED two majors OOC, much less on the road.

And actually, Boise's strategy has worked quite well, thank you very much. Name another team that has moved up so much since 2000. I mean, a couple of us Boise fans have gotten you guys all tied up in a little wad. Music to my ears, if we were as bad as you claim you wouldn't bother.

This will mark the 3rd time that Boise has opened in SEC country this decade, Bama did try a home/home against Oklahoma and lost em both.

No wonder that the Tide won't travel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No wonder that the Tide won't travel."

Unlike Bozo State, Bama has played more than 18 games in an AQ opponents' house. LMAO@ 1-17. STFU

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise will be making TWO OOC road trips to major opponents, yet again this year, been doing it pretty much every year. Alabama hasn't done that, well, you tell me the last time that Alabama even PLAYED two majors OOC, much less on the road.

And actually, Boise's strategy has worked quite well, thank you very much. Name another team that has moved up so much since 2000. I mean, a couple of us Boise fans have gotten you guys all tied up in a little wad. Music to my ears, if we were as bad as you claim you wouldn't bother.

This will mark the 3rd time that Boise has opened in SEC country this decade, Bama did try a home/home against Oklahoma and lost em both.

No wonder that the Tide won't travel.

If you ever get into a conference that doesn't drag your entire SoS down, you'll understand why no team inside the major 5 conferences schedules more than 1 tough OOC a year and also why they don't have too.

Boise St needs to/has to schedule even more than 2 if they want a SoS that is going to compete with everyone else. That's the bottom line. That you can't grasp the reason why and understand it is your problem. Because back in reality, now that the CFB agenda is over - nobody gives a shit about Boise St and those same people who propped them up years back now support an agenda that locks them out.