• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time for Boise St to put its money where it mouth is

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama desperate for 12th game in 2015, will 'take anybody' - CBSSports.com

Bill Battle has tried everything.

He's called dozens of teams.

He's deployed help from ESPN and SEC. He's inquired about teams switching dates to come to Tuscaloosa.

After all that, he still has one vacancy on Alabama's 2015 schedule.

“Right now we'd take anybody,” Battle said.

Seems we have all seen the posts month after month from a certain Boise St. Fan who claims they cannot get a game from a big time team because they wont play us. This quote says otherwise “Right now we'd take anybody”. Lets see if Boise is on the docket in 2015 or if yet again we here that no one has called, I would imagine that Battle would accept Boise if he knew they would play the game.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes no sense for Boise to play Alabama at Bama. Alabama at Boise seems about right to me.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes no sense for Boise to play Alabama at Bama. Alabama at Boise seems about right to me.

Not sure i follow the logic, but if you read the article A home and home could come from this due to Battle needing an opponent.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Boise St's OOC is already filled for 2015, no?

Thu. 9/3 or Fri. 9/4
Washington Huskies
Albertson's Stadium, Boise, ID

Saturday
Sept. 12
at BYU Cougars
LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo, UT

Saturday
Sept. 19
Idaho State Bengals
Albertson's Stadium, Boise, ID

Saturday
Sept. 26
at Virginia Cavaliers
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA

2015 Boise State Broncos Football Schedule

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a Coastal Carolina game coming soon.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's OOC is already bad enough, no sense in making it worse with Boise. :2cents:

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has @ Michigan St. and home games vs. EWU and GaState. I'd love to see them drop one of those games for a home-and-home with Alabama, but I doubt the AD would allow us to play 2/3 of our OOC away. =(

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has @ Michigan St. and home games vs. EWU and GaState. I'd love to see them drop one of those games for a home-and-home with Alabama, but I doubt the AD would allow us to play 2/3 of our OOC away. =(

And Bama wouldn't really do it. I'd want our AD to demand Bama come out first because it's almost a certainty they back out when it was time to go to Autzen

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bama wouldn't really do it. I'd want our AD to demand Bama come out first because it's almost a certainty they back out when it was time to go to Autzen

lol @ Oregon demanding anything from Bama. Gonna have to grow up a little first.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need the game so bad poison pill any back out contingency....teams get their home/away and everyone wins.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that folks are starting to see through the old SEC strategy of one good game, and three patty cakes. Boise needs a home game in 2015, otherwise they'd have to play 7 on the road. They'd cancel the ISU game in a second if the Tide wanted to come to Boise, I'm sure that they'd be happy to return the favor.

Meanwhile Boise has home/home games with UW, Wash. St., Virginia, Okie St., Florida St., Michigan St., BYU (long multi year series), and other teams willing to play a fair match up. Alabama? No way, they only want to hire easy lays for home games. Got news, Boise isn't as good as the Tide, hell, few are, but they ain't easy lays, either. Sorry, have you all tried the usual suspects, the UT Chattanooga Choo Choo, the Georgia State Peach trees, the Eastern Kentucky fried chicken colonels, or the Florida International House of Pancakes? But hey, if you're ever willing, I'd love to see y'all here, my tailgate, and I'll provide the food, drink, and hospitality for any of my SportsHoopla friends.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need the game so bad poison pill any back out contingency....teams get their home/away and everyone wins.

Nah, if we don't get a game, we'll play 1st string against 2nd string and make the NCAA change the rules next year so it counts as an official game with 2 teams.

It will be a hard fought game and the 1st string will win by a FG in 3OT, and even though the 2nd string only plays 1 game all year, the CFP committee puts them into the playoffs as a separate team.

Alabama becomes the 1st team to have 2 teams in the playoffs. They are put into separate semi-final games, they both win the semi-final game and end up in the National Championship game against each other. At the kickoff, they catch the ball, and then dance around for 3 hours singing Rammer Jammer as the final seconds tick off the clock and the game ends in a 0-0 tie. Thus forcing a split National Championship, both teams take home a trophy and Alabama claims 2016 twice for #17 and #18.

The tears from Auburn create a new river, and in 2018 state lines are redrawn countrywide based on features, and Auburn ends up officially as part of Georgia due to the position of the river.

Smiles head explodes, but it turns out he has lagged so bad over the past few years and his posts keep showing up repeating, and nobody notices the difference.

The Pac12 and Big10 get together and go to a 10 game conference schedule and demands everyone else will to, so that it's more likely that a SEC team can actually get knocked out during the season, since they can't seem to do it.

The Big12 tries to follow, but can't find any teams to join after a deal with UTSA and UTEP falls out over the deal where Texas could buy any team into the conference they wanted, yet never actually spends the money to do so.

Tim Brando gets hit by a bus.

Don't fuck with us. Better start taking off a game on your schedule to give us, to prevent this from happening.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, if we don't get a game, we'll play 1st string against 2nd string and make the NCAA change the rules next year so it counts as an official game with 2 teams.

It will be a hard fought game and the 1st string will win by a FG in 3OT, and even though the 2nd string only plays 1 game all year, the CFP committee puts them into the playoffs as a separate team.

Alabama becomes the 1st team to have 2 teams in the playoffs. They are put into separate semi-final games, they both win the semi-final game and end up in the National Championship game against each other. At the kickoff, they catch the ball, and then dance around for 3 hours singing Rammer Jammer as the final seconds tick off the clock and the game ends in a 0-0 tie. Thus forcing a split National Championship, both teams take home a trophy and Alabama claims 2016 twice for #17 and #18.

The tears from Auburn create a new river, and in 2018 state lines are redrawn countrywide based on features, and Auburn ends up officially as part of Georgia due to the position of the river.

Smiles head explodes, but it turns out he has lagged so bad over the past few years and his posts keep showing up repeating, and nobody notices the difference.

The Pac12 and Big10 get together and go to a 10 game conference schedule and demands everyone else will to, so that it's more likely that a SEC team can actually get knocked out during the season, since they can't seem to do it.

The Big12 tries to follow, but can't find any teams to join after a deal with UTSA and UTEP falls out over the deal where Texas could buy any team into the conference they wanted, yet never actually spends the money to do so.

Tim Brando gets hit by a bus.

Don't fuck with us. Better start taking off a game on your schedule to give us, to prevent this from happening.

:agree: