• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time for Boise St to put its money where it mouth is

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've heard it wasn't exactly upper class. I'd be more interested in the beaches en sech more-so than the game lol.

Beaches are pretty cool although the water in the Pacific is cold compared to many places I have gone. Some are pretty cool due to the volcanic rock, they have black sand beaches, pink sand beaches and a few more i cant recall right now.

I remember going to Legion field alot back when Bama played there back in the day and that stadium was in better shape than the one in Hawaii was when i went, and they wanted to close Legion from what i hear at one point due to it being unsafe.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that folks are starting to see through the old SEC strategy of one good game, and three patty cakes. Boise needs a home game in 2015, otherwise they'd have to play 7 on the road. They'd cancel the ISU game in a second if the Tide wanted to come to Boise, I'm sure that they'd be happy to return the favor.

Meanwhile Boise has home/home games with UW, Wash. St., Virginia, Okie St., Florida St., Michigan St., BYU (long multi year series), and other teams willing to play a fair match up. Alabama? No way, they only want to hire easy lays for home games. Got news, Boise isn't as good as the Tide, hell, few are, but they ain't easy lays, either. Sorry, have you all tried the usual suspects, the UT Chattanooga Choo Choo, the Georgia State Peach trees, the Eastern Kentucky fried chicken colonels, or the Florida International House of Pancakes? But hey, if you're ever willing, I'd love to see y'all here, my tailgate, and I'll provide the food, drink, and hospitality for any of my SportsHoopla friends.

Hey Smiles,

I have to ask. Don't you see Boise having to take some chances and maybe playing some top teams even if it isn't a home and home series? I just see Boise St. and schools like it get left behind in the new system. Is it fair? Probably not. We talked about it before, this is now about money not football. The way I see it, Boise St. can be undefeated every year in the WAC and still never see the National Playoff as it stands now. With only 4 teams, way too much money to be made from some of the bigger schools whether they are better or not. It just seems for teams like Boise St. to have a chance at the playoff, they are going to have to play the big boys and win. They've done it before, they can do it again. Otherwise, they are going to always be playing some second tier bowl game. It may not always be right, but the dollar speaks so loud these days in college football.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad photoshop is bad

Bullshit, these taters ain't photoshipped:

d147ff1ffb55047d75a26cad2614ad72.jpeg

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed your number one fan, SmilesID, who feels entitled to promote the same stale argument year after year. Yes I started the post mainly to draw his ignoranceness out and i got his same tired schtick. Most Boise fans i encounter are pretty cool, yourself included, but a few on here feel entitled. I have never discounted a thing Boise has done, yet i and my fan base have to endure those few who think they can belittle Bama for its scheduling practices...like the fans can do a thing about it.

Reality says Bama will not call boise, but it doesnt have anything to do with fear or any other thing that has been posted, it will hinge on TV market, payout and recruiting grounds. None of which are really conducive to Alabama playing Boise in Boise.

Boise State is a good tv draw, if our teams played everyone would watch, at least at the start. Other than that there's not much to offer. A game in 2015 wouldn't be competitive though unless we got badly overlooked(not likely). We aren't going to be good again until 2016 at the earliest. Playing in Idaho wouldn't offer anything to Alabama for recruiting though. Things don't match up for a game, it would work out if we currently had 3 home games in our non-conference schedule, we could afford to get rid of one then for a game at Alabama. Sadly that isn't the case.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise State is a good tv draw, if our teams played everyone would watch, at least at the start. Other than that there's not much to offer. A game in 2015 wouldn't be competitive though unless we got badly overlooked(not likely). We aren't going to be good again until 2016 at the earliest. Playing in Idaho wouldn't offer anything to Alabama for recruiting though. Things don't match up for a game, it would work out if we currently had 3 home games in our non-conference schedule, we could afford to get rid of one then for a game at Alabama. Sadly that isn't the case.

They are a good draw, i was speaking more to the market you are a part of if we played at your house. It would have to be a nationally televised game to get any serious attention and i dont see that happening at this point. I would like to see the teams play for a couple of reasons, but they are not likely to any time soon, which means we will have to listen to Smiles and his "poor Boise" speech a little longer.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beaches are pretty cool although the water in the Pacific is cold compared to many places I have gone. Some are pretty cool due to the volcanic rock, they have black sand beaches, pink sand beaches and a few more i cant recall right now.

I remember going to Legion field alot back when Bama played there back in the day and that stadium was in better shape than the one in Hawaii was when i went, and they wanted to close Legion from what i hear at one point due to it being unsafe.

"Pink sand" beaches out west Bo? You musta had the lightbulb turned off that night/day. Besides...I don't think you would stick your big toe in these waters out here, the man in the grey suit would swallow you up and call it an appetizer.

Fell free to substitute the Beavers in 15'...our coach has ties there with the Bear as you well know. We travel that far as well.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Pink sand" beaches out west Bo? You musta had the lightbulb turned off that night/day. Besides...I don't think you would stick your big toe in these waters out here, the man in the grey suit would swallow you up and call it an appetizer.

Fell free to substitute the Beavers in 15'...our coach has ties there with the Bear as you well know. We travel that far as well.

Been to Hawaii a few times and I have only seen the black sand beach and the normal white sand beaches, but I have a friend who said they stayed close to a pink sand beach and showed me pictures of it on his phone. You can actually google the beaches that have them, its pretty cool looking.

You bring your beavers south and they will go back as shaved beavers:lol:

Heres to a possible matchup:suds:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bama does a home and home with Boise (or anyone else) after they refused to come up to Madison and we had to settle for 1 neutral-site game at Jerryworld, I'll be pissed. It would also be a major diss to your program. Bama would never schedule a true OOC road game if they thought it was a game they might lose.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bama does a home and home with Boise (or anyone else) after they refused to come up to Madison and we had to settle for 1 neutral-site game at Jerryworld, I'll be pissed. It would also be a major diss to your program. Bama would never schedule a true OOC road game if they thought it was a game they might lose.

LOL, Wisky isn't shit to Bama. I'd go ahead and plan on getting over it if I were you.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been to Hawaii a few times and I have only seen the black sand beach and the normal white sand beaches, but I have a friend who said they stayed close to a pink sand beach and showed me pictures of it on his phone. You can actually google the beaches that have them, its pretty cool looking.

You bring your beavers south and they will go back as shaved beavers:lol:

Heres to a possible matchup:suds:

Who knows...ooppss forgot about playing the Wolverines in Ann Arbor next year, we could add in a mid-major like Bama I spose...out of generousity I mean.
:suds:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows...ooppss forgot about playing the Wolverines in Ann Arbor next year, we could add in a mid-major like Bama I spose...out of generousity I mean.

We'd appreciate y'alls kindness. :yo:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, you bring in that mid-major named Alabama, we wont beat you any worse than Eastern Washington did:whistle:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping Berkeley would post some more pics we haven't seen 257,003 times. :noidea:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you bring in that mid-major named Alabama, we wont beat you any worse than Eastern Washington did:whistle:

Yeah that game came down to our kicker missing a game tying FG with no time left on the clock...I could handle an "L" in Tuscaloosa like that I spose. Gumps would go home happy after sweatin bullets all game.

Let get this game done before I die...:suds: