• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time for Boise St to put its money where it mouth is

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love ignorant posts like this. What has Boise accomplished? Not much, considering that they won National Champions at Juco, Div. 1aa, and now are undefeated in BCS appearances. Name another team that rose as quickly. You'd have to go back to Florida St. Indeed Bobby Bowden himself has said as much, which may be one reason why FSU agreed to a home and home with Boise.

Gee, they can do it, why can't Alabama?

Boise has a better winning percentage this century than pretty much anyone.

Boise has had first round NFL draft picks in 4 of the last 5 years, including Doug Martin, Ryan Clady and other consensus pro Bowlers. It's not like they don't have talent. The great part is that these players started out as no-name 2 and 3 star prospects. Alabama has great talent too, but their guys are 4 and 5 star guys from the get go. Boise must develop talent, Bama mainly tries to keep them from getting busted and staying eligible.

Not only does Boise excel on the field, but are perennial members of the top 10 in APR as well. Only Wisconsin and Stanford come close to having top teams and top academic performance ratings.

They go on the road every single year to play major programs. Up until lately, they don't get many return trips to Boise, but this is changing. When you school is a regular member of the top 25 for over ten years, I'd define that as some staying power. Yes, they've been down the last couple years, but no one in Boise is worried. I've already booked tickets for a week in Boston & New England while we play UConn. We'll be in Atlanta, yet again to open the year in the Chick Fil A Kickoff classic. The only difference? Boise travels 2300 + miles, while Bama fans take a quick spin up the freeway and can be back in plenty of time for bed, well, if they are sober (which is rare). Boise travels more in a single year than Bama does in the better part of a decade.

Gee, if Boise does it every single year, why can't Alabama?

I'll admit, we don't have any of the "big" crystal trophies, nor all the statues around campus like the Tide boasts. We do what we do on a small budget in a remote part of the country.

But on the field, Boise can hold its own with anyone. Oh, we don't always win, but play them and find out. I'm confident that Bama would need its A game to beat them, especially in Boise.

But there is no danger of that happening, is there? Nope, you folks only want suckers willing to only play you in Tuscaloosa. Like we have said over and over, come to Boise in 2015, will open up a slot. Then in some future year, we'll return the favor.

Whatsa matter, Bama, you guys treat everyone else that way, can't handle it when you get your own medicine back in your face? Poor babies.:sad2:

That post sounded like a full blown case of little man syndrome.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love ignorant posts like this. What has Boise accomplished? Not much, considering that they won National Champions at Juco, Div. 1aa, and now are undefeated in BCS appearances. Name another team that rose as quickly. You'd have to go back to Florida St. Indeed Bobby Bowden himself has said as much, which may be one reason why FSU agreed to a home and home with Boise.

Gee, they can do it, why can't Alabama?

Boise has a better winning percentage this century than pretty much anyone.

Boise has had first round NFL draft picks in 4 of the last 5 years, including Doug Martin, Ryan Clady and other consensus pro Bowlers. It's not like they don't have talent. The great part is that these players started out as no-name 2 and 3 star prospects. Alabama has great talent too, but their guys are 4 and 5 star guys from the get go. Boise must develop talent, Bama mainly tries to keep them from getting busted and staying eligible.

Not only does Boise excel on the field, but are perennial members of the top 10 in APR as well. Only Wisconsin and Stanford come close to having top teams and top academic performance ratings.

They go on the road every single year to play major programs. Up until lately, they don't get many return trips to Boise, but this is changing. When you school is a regular member of the top 25 for over ten years, I'd define that as some staying power. Yes, they've been down the last couple years, but no one in Boise is worried. I've already booked tickets for a week in Boston & New England while we play UConn. We'll be in Atlanta, yet again to open the year in the Chick Fil A Kickoff classic. The only difference? Boise travels 2300 + miles, while Bama fans take a quick spin up the freeway and can be back in plenty of time for bed, well, if they are sober (which is rare). Boise travels more in a single year than Bama does in the better part of a decade.

Gee, if Boise does it every single year, why can't Alabama?

I'll admit, we don't have any of the "big" crystal trophies, nor all the statues around campus like the Tide boasts. We do what we do on a small budget in a remote part of the country.

But on the field, Boise can hold its own with anyone. Oh, we don't always win, but play them and find out. I'm confident that Bama would need its A game to beat them, especially in Boise.

But there is no danger of that happening, is there? Nope, you folks only want suckers willing to only play you in Tuscaloosa. Like we have said over and over, come to Boise in 2015, will open up a slot. Then in some future year, we'll return the favor.

Whatsa matter, Bama, you guys treat everyone else that way, can't handle it when you get your own medicine back in your face? Poor babies.:sad2:

:violin:

Y'all play in a shit conference against shit teams (in which you went 8-5 last season), it's not that difficult when you only have to play maybe one or two halfway decent teams a season. Do it week in and week out and I may potentially give a fuck... maybe.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:violin:

Y'all play in a shit conference against shit teams (in which you went 8-5 last season), it's not that difficult when you only have to play maybe one or two halfway decent teams a season. Do it week in and week out and I may potentially give a fuck... maybe.

We'd love to, but Bama only seems willing to play FCS schools and last place teams from those conferences you seem to hate so much.

An example, last year you brought in perennial cellar dweller Colorado St., and won handily, putting up 31 points in a home game in which your school had EVERY possible advantage. Boise played the same team in Ft. Collins, and laid 42 on them. And that's as close as CSU has ever come to Boise, normally we lay 50 or 60 something on them. So you tell me, which team is better?

I love it, every school is required to play its conference schedule, but every school can choose it's OOC one. And every year, Alabama, and most other top schools, fill that portion with easy marks.

Tell me, Einstein, how is Boise supposed to get games against cowards who won't travel, and basically don't want to schedule trap games in the first place? Did it ever occur to you that we have a stadium up here, a pretty nice one that we are expanding every year? To build programs guys like us need HOME games. Hell, you have 7 or 8 every year, especially when you count those nearby "neutral" venues.

Yeah, yeah, I know, you good folk consider such fair play beneath you, you'd rather pick the greedy coward's approach. We get it, but hell, if I were you, and wouldn't exactly be proud that your leaders choose such a strategy. I'd be embarrassed.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
I just don't believe a home and home would be possible. Nebraska tried it and they still treated Boise like the little new kid on the block (no respect). And IMO Boise has tolerated that long enough.

^^ Honesty and Humlity rarely seen on board full of Dishonest, Arrogant BCS, Big School, Bama-type Clownz.

Last edited by a moderator:

Berkeley_Blues

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm late to this party but I don't understand why Bama would want to play Boise ST. They offer us nothing, no bump in SOS, no quality win, no reason for a home and home.

Translation: Boise State might just kick your ass !! Torch you redneck losers Utah style :nod:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: Boise State might just kick your ass !! Torch you redneck losers Utah style :nod:

Look for Savannah St to fill Alabama's open spot because some obscure asst coach once got a coffee from the same Starbucks as Saban, it was also almost the same month. So of course they are going to want to help out their school.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd love to, but Bama only seems willing to play FCS schools and last place teams from those conferences you seem to hate so much.

An example, last year you brought in perennial cellar dweller Colorado St., and won handily, putting up 31 points in a home game in which your school had EVERY possible advantage. Boise played the same team in Ft. Collins, and laid 42 on them. And that's as close as CSU has ever come to Boise, normally we lay 50 or 60 something on them. So you tell me, which team is better?

I love it, every school is required to play its conference schedule, but every school can choose it's OOC one. And every year, Alabama, and most other top schools, fill that portion with easy marks.

Tell me, Einstein, how is Boise supposed to get games against cowards who won't travel, and basically don't want to schedule trap games in the first place? Did it ever occur to you that we have a stadium up here, a pretty nice one that we are expanding every year? To build programs guys like us need HOME games. Hell, you have 7 or 8 every year, especially when you count those nearby "neutral" venues.

Yeah, yeah, I know, you good folk consider such fair play beneath you, you'd rather pick the greedy coward's approach. We get it, but hell, if I were you, and wouldn't exactly be proud that your leaders choose such a strategy. I'd be embarrassed.

As has already been said, playing Boise benefits Bama in no way. They could just pay some other lower tier team less money for the same outcome before going the Boise route. Boise doesn't scare anybody these days, if they're gonna pay big money to a school it's going to be a big time school that's earned it.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More nut swinging, surprise surprise lol. Boise isn't even close to that Utah team and Bama isn't anywhere close to that Bama of 6 years ago. The game wouldn't be remotely close, Bama by atleast 21. Maybe more if Saban decided to.

Berkeley_Blues

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look for Savannah St to fill Alabama's open spot because some obscure asst coach once got a coffee from the same Starbucks as Saban, it was also almost the same month. So of course they are going to want to help out their school.

:clap:

People are starting to see through Alabama. They pad their schedule with a bunch of FCS nobodies and then get Shit-Clocked in the only two games that mattered last year. :nod:

Now these crimson dirt farmers are pissed-off because an ACC team took the Crystal. :nod:

So, these Bama retards vent their self disgust by trolling little Boise State :scratch:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:

People are starting to see through Alabama. They pad their schedule with a bunch of FCS nobodies and then get Shit-Clocked in the only two games that mattered last year. :nod:

Now these crimson dirt farmers are pissed-off because an ACC team took the Crystal. :nod:

So, these Bama retards vent their self disgust by trolling little Boise State :scratch:

Adding Boise wouldn't do anything to help the whole FCS thing, not much difference between a shitty FBS team and a normal FCS team. Especially in this case.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding Boise wouldn't do anything to help the whole FCS thing, not much difference between a shitty FBS team and a normal FCS team. Especially in this case.

Let's see who Alabama signs to fill the spot before you start stating that Boise St would be a downgrade.

Berkeley_Blues

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

art+thou+angered+my+brethren.jpg

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B4L and BBlues summed things up well.

None of us are stupid. Bama didn't get where they are by having a bad program, they have one of the best anywhere. And none of us Boise fans are so delusional to think that ours is superior.

But that is precisely the point. Here we have such a fine team that plays fully 1/4 of its schedule against totally inferior competition, teams that probably not even their own coaches think have an honest chance against them. And if you add the bad SEC teams they play, that number is even higher. They point out that Boise doesn't play as tough a schedule, but don't realize that for Boise to step up, someone has to be willing to play them, you know, fairly. Nope, Alabama plays a set conference schedule, one semi-decent team, and then a parade of patty cakes, year after year.

This cowardly action not only hurts the sport, but gets in the way of teams, like Boise, that find themselves today in the same position that the Tide was in once. I guess that our friends here forget that they were once the subjects of disdain and teams refused to play them. And God, does it irritate them that we Boise fans remind them of it! Shoe pinches on the other foot, doesn't it?

Strongly disagree with the notion they don't schedule anybody in OOC. Since Saban's been at Bama they played Florida State on a neutral field. Clemson and Michigan on a neutral field. Virginia Tech twice on a neutral field. Home and Home with Penn State. And play WVU on a neutral field this year. Except for WVU all those programs are top 20 and some top 10. IMO that's fine with me.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see who Alabama signs to fill the spot before you start stating that Boise St would be a downgrade.

Didn't necessarily say downgrade, just not an upgrade.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't necessarily say downgrade, just not an upgrade.

So if Bama signs, let's say Savannah St, you would say that Boise St would be equal to SS?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The smurf crew's fav time of year is upon us. June. When they still can be in a legit cfb discussion.

It really is no wonder June is their fav time of year...what, with telling us about accomplishments from 5+ years ago and nut swinging off of other Mtn WAC teams wins.

Same convo we have annually.

But with this schedule..... No wonder June is their fav time of year.

Ole Miss neutral
Colorado State
@UCONN
Louisiana Lafayette
@ Air Force
@ Nevada
Fresno
BYU
@New Mexico
San Diego St
@ Wyoming
Utah State

And let us be reminded what happens when the Utahs and TCUs join real conferences.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More nut swinging, surprise surprise lol. Boise isn't even close to that Utah team and Bama isn't anywhere close to that Bama of 6 years ago. The game wouldn't be remotely close, Bama by atleast 21. Maybe more if Saban decided to.

Actually, Boise kicked Utah's ass, repeatedly, in that era, we are like 4-0 against 'em this century as I recall. So thank your lucky stars that you got them, not us. And we cleaned house in Salt Lake twice, not a virtual home game in friendly New Orleans. Here are some highlights from the recent lopsided contests in which Utah hasn't scored more than 3 points against us in years.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL03B4mCixg]Boise State Gerald Alexander's hit versus Utah - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: