• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time for Boise St to put its money where it mouth is

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boise is at a crossroads of sorts right now. There is no questioning the success they've had over the past decade or so. Wins over AQ teams in the regular season (usually in hostile environments), in a couple of BCS bowls and top 5 and 10 finishes simply can't be denied.

However, they are now coming off of their first sub-par season in about a decade and have lost the coach who was largely responsible for their success. Elite programs rebound from these types of things and return to previous levels or better, in a relatively short time. Programs that are not elite, return to mediocrity or whatever their previous level of success may have been.

It's going to be interesting to see if Boise can get back to the level of success that they achieved under Petersen or if they will simply return to being another mid-major that made some noise and went away.

Cfb history suggests that they will not return to Petersen levels, but Boise history (where they started to where the ended up) suggests that they will.

This guy completely gets it. You're a solid poster, Trojanfan.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's OOC scheduling practices are working for them. The proof is in the multiple national championship titles. The trophy case is starting to run out of room if it hasn't already, so none of it will not be changing anytime soon. The formula is working for them and they couldn't care less as to what anyone else's opinion is on the matter. The focus is to continue to add to the existing collection. It's not a bad problem to have.

Oh, how sweet. And how nice of you to extend an Olive Branch. So, I'd just like to add my warmest sentiment to go along with yours:

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find Berkeley a bit over the top at times, I prefer a bit more civilized dialogue, and the late hit clip was not only in poor taste but didn't help the cause. But we stray from the topic.

The years of consecutive top ten finishes came to an end last year, and the coach finally gave in to the siren's song of big money at a big program. But this has happened in Boise before, they normally reload and keep on winning. Harsin has a lot on his plate, two long cross country road trips in Sept. to play name opponents in hostile venues. Boise has a team of talented, but unknown quantities, and if one believes the hype, Ole Miss has had two outstanding recruiting classes.

We'll see how ready they are soon enough. Meanwhile, Bama will sign up some body bag team and fill out its schedule. Hell would have a ski area before they choose to actually take a real road trip to Boise.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find Berkeley a bit over the top at times, I prefer a bit more civilized dialogue, and the late hit clip was not only in poor taste but didn't help the cause. But we stray from the topic.

The years of consecutive top ten finishes came to an end last year, and the coach finally gave in to the siren's song of big money at a big program. But this has happened in Boise before, they normally reload and keep on winning. Harsin has a lot on his plate, two long cross country road trips in Sept. to play name opponents in hostile venues. Boise has a team of talented, but unknown quantities, and if one believes the hype, Ole Miss has had two outstanding recruiting classes.

We'll see how ready they are soon enough. Meanwhile, Bama will sign up some body bag team and fill out its schedule. Hell would have a ski area before they choose to actually take a real road trip to Boise.

lol, you talk about Ole Miss, and then pretend like Alabama has a weak schedule when we play Ole Miss, and they are not even likely in the top4 teams of the SEC....West.

Berkeley_Blues

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find Berkeley a bit over the top at times, I prefer a bit more civilized dialogue, and the late hit clip was not only in poor taste but didn't help the cause.

Smiles, I've got to respectfully disagree with you here. There one way and only one way to deal with these arrogant, delusional Bama redneck, handjobs. Deal with them like this :nod::

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iPUuoEAVfg]Jeron Johnson Lays out Russell Hill 2006 DOMINGUEZ GRAD - YouTube[/ame]

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, you talk about Ole Miss, and then pretend like Alabama has a weak schedule when we play Ole Miss, and they are not even likely in the top4 teams of the SEC....West.

Oh, you mean one of those murderers row teams that you say justifies playing all those FCS teams?

Which is it?

Again, keep in mind the history of the game. It has been canceled and rescheduled several times. Originally it was to be in Oxford, but Chick Fil A wanted to replace it with a game vs Georgia. So the game was postponed twice, and then Chick Fil A picked it up again and moved it to Atlanta again. Originally the talk was to have Alabama play Boise, but that never happened.

The point is clear and proven beyond doubt. Boise is willing to take games in hostile country. They do it multiple times every year.

Alabama? Not so much.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you mean one of those murderers row teams that you say justifies playing all those FCS teams?

Which is it?

Again, keep in mind the history of the game. It has been canceled and rescheduled several times. Originally it was to be in Oxford, but Chick Fil A wanted to replace it with a game vs Georgia. So the game was postponed twice, and then Chick Fil A picked it up again and moved it to Atlanta again. Originally the talk was to have Alabama play Boise, but that never happened.

The point is clear and proven beyond doubt. Boise is willing to take games in hostile country. They do it multiple times every year.

Alabama? Not so much.

Alabama deflection strategy #1705: "You play in a crappy conference and OOC doesn't count because it's only 25% of the schedule" in 3...............2.................

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama deflection strategy #1705: "You play in a crappy conference and OOC doesn't count because it's only 25% of the schedule" in 3...............2.................

So you agree 4 games are more important than the other 8?

:becky:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, LOL @ Boise and their garbage schedule that they went 8-5 against last season. Horseface QB is gone and so is the respect Boise had. :yo:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree 4 games are more important than the other 8?

:becky:

Who picks the 8 games? Not Alabama.

Who picks the 4? Alabama

So in the only games that they control, they invariably pick most of them as easy marks.

Then they whine that Boise plays no one.

But when Boise says come up here and let's do this right, they have more excuses than an 8th grader without his homework.

Yup, "play someone tougher, Boise, just not us."

Berkeley_Blues

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise State did for college football what the Oakland A's under Billy Beane have done with baseball -- Boise has literally changed the game. Boise State had the BCS on it's heels running scared. Boise State even inspired the envy of teams like Alabama -- which we see being played out in this thread.

A small college football team will multiple BCS bowl victories and a handful of Top 10 finishes in 5 years. It has never happened before and probably will never happen again.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise State did for college football what the Oakland A's under Billy Beane have done with baseball -- Boise has literally changed the game. Boise State had the BCS on it's heels running scared. Boise State even inspired the envy of teams like Alabama -- which we see being played out in this thread.

A small college football team will multiple BCS bowl victories and a handful of Top 10 finishes in 5 years. It has never happened before and probably will never happen again.

Envious of Bozo State? OMG, get real for just once Berkdoll.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Envious of Bozo State? OMG, get real for just once Berkdoll.

Heck, we got you to bite, Bambino.:rollseyes: 20 plus pages in which multiple Alabama fans try to insist that they don't care about Boise.

Yeah, right.:lol:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who picks the 8 games? Not Alabama.

Who picks the 4? Alabama

So in the only games that they control, they invariably pick most of them as easy marks.

Then they whine that Boise plays no one.

But when Boise says come up here and let's do this right, they have more excuses than an 8th grader without his homework.

Yup, "play someone tougher, Boise, just not us."

So Boise plays a tougher schedule than Bama? All you want to bitch about is OCC. Why in the hell would Bama want to stack their OCC when they play in the toughest conference in the country (oh yeah, ESPN Hype)? We don't give a fuck if you or any other fan (especially of teams that play in-conference garbage) approves of what's happening, you're not gonna change shit as far as Bama is concerned, whether they throw you a bone and play you or not. Boise is a middle of the road team in the MWC for chirstsake (8-5). Nothing worth going out of their way and paying you 3 times what you're worth to have on the schedule. This is big boy football and Boise isn't anywhere close to that. Maybe a few years ago you were interesting but, right now, you're just another MW team. They'll make more off some other nobody for the same outcome. Now let's see another diatribe from you or some other Bama hater/Boise backers to add to your ridiculous thoughts of Boise actually being something to care about, despite whatever pent up reason this thread was even started.

Poop.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sombody's been drankin ^.

:happy:

Berkeley_Blues

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, we got you to bite, Bambino.:rollseyes: 20 plus pages in which multiple Alabama fans try to insist that they don't care about Boise.

Yeah, right.:lol:

Beno, who is now Bino, is just a big, old River Catfish that has been biting on my shiny lures for many years now.

(But, I will say this for Beno -- he knows his sports history. That he does)

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems this thread did what was desired and got the Noise fan all up in arms to explain why their still relevant in their own minds.

:dhd:

Berkeley_Blues

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now let's see another diatribe from you or some other Bama hater/Boise backers to add to your ridiculous thoughts of Boise actually being something to care about, despite whatever pent up reason this thread was even started.

Poop.

^^ The eternal question. Why the obsession with Boise????

The eternal answer: Y'all know Boise State has accomplished the impossible. Y'all watched it. It happened to Jawja and to Vo TECH, and Oklahomer and to Oregon while yer own ass was gettin kicked by Utah. It keeps you up at night. Like right now:nod: