• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time for Boise St to put its money where it mouth is

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your answer to the OOC argument is what is dumb. OOC is the part of the schedule that teams can control. It is the games that a program chooses to play. 'Bama and a few other SEC teams choose to schedule those like schoolyard bullies and only pick on smaller, weaker teams who have to travel to Alabama with no return game at their place. On the rare occasions when 'Bama plays an AQ team, it's either a neutral site game usually involving less travel for them than the opponent or a home and home which they buy their way out of.

You can deflect and try to claim the OOC discussion is "dumb", but it doesn't change the facts of who 'Bama chooses to play.

We choose to because we can choose to and it doesn't matter. Proof: 3 National Championships over the past 5 years.

We schedule neutral site games because they are better paychecks than a home and home series. Doesn't have a damn thing to do with competition. We traveled to Penn St just a few years ago, didn't and doesn't really matter from a competition standpoint. At any rate, you are talking bout a 3 point advantage pretty much either way, so it's hardly a big deal where the game is played. You didn't get your ass kicked because of where the game was, you got your ass kicked because it was a better team. Unless it's a matter of getting a screw job by the refs.

Alabama chooses to be in the SEC and play all those teams as well.

But hell, I'm open minded. I'll add these things you claim matters to my rankings. How I should penalize teams for the quality of the in conference schedule, while giving more credibility to the no conference games that the team "chooses" to play. What kind of weight would you put on that?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) Officially, according to the NCAA, USC has never played an FCS school.

2.) Those were some badass Indians back in the day. They had bows and arrows and shit. USC was just a Methodist school at the time. In fact, the team name at the time was the Methodists.

3.) You know as well as I do that if Boise calls Battle wanting a home and home, he'll laugh and hang up the phone. Additionally, unlike Alabama, it is not cost effective for a school with Boise's budget to buy their way out of a game.

No, as the article said, a home and home is possible for a team if that is what it takes to get the game. I know Bill and if he told that to a reporter, he will stand by it. I met Bill back in the 80's through my Parents and he has always impressed me as a man of his word. Sometimes you have to know the source of things to understand the truth of them and in this case, I believe it could happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of "old repeat"...420's shtick smells of stink. Wash yer puter-n-glass balls off and type something new.
:pop2:

GREAT thread...:suds:

I need a few more for 300 overall posts in my troll thread:lol:

Gotta keep poking with the stick to get'em to hang in there.:boink:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of "old repeat"...420's shtick smells of stink. Wash yer puter-n-glass balls off and type something new.

Give me something new to talk about.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, as the article said, a home and home is possible for a team if that is what it takes to get the game. I know Bill and if he told that to a reporter, he will stand by it. I met Bill back in the 80's through my Parents and he has always impressed me as a man of his word. Sometimes you have to know the source of things to understand the truth of them and in this case, I believe it could happen.

I will take your word on it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, all I've taken out of this thread is bama fans be like

catslap.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Be careful. He might get his jimmies rustled and threaten to "never post here again".....................again.

Every response from him is deflection. Kind of fun to watch. He could be an NHL goalie with all of his deflections.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take your word on it.

Facing facts is hard to do sometimes, but lets face them here. Bama needs an opponent. Bama doesnt need a name opponent, just a team of warm bodies to fill the schedule out.

Boise could get the game. Boise could possibly ask for a home and home and get it, it is possible. Boise needs an Alabama on its resume, not vice versa.

In reality we only have facts to go on and currently those facts state that Bama is NCAA royalty and Boise isnt. One will have to go out of its way to make a name for itself, the other has already done so and doesnt need the other one, but would acquiesce to a game if the terms fit the need.Currently the need is a team to fill a spot, anything more than that is on the salesman/negotiator of the deal.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, all I've taken out of this thread is bama fans be like

catslap.gif

Is that Boise in the crack of the couch? looks alot like them, bunch a pussies.:lol:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We choose to because we can choose to and it doesn't matter. Proof: 3 National Championships over the past 5 years.

We schedule neutral site games because they are better paychecks than a home and home series. Doesn't have a damn thing to do with competition. We traveled to Penn St just a few years ago, didn't and doesn't really matter from a competition standpoint. At any rate, you are talking bout a 3 point advantage pretty much either way, so it's hardly a big deal where the game is played. You didn't get your ass kicked because of where the game was, you got your ass kicked because it was a better team. Unless it's a matter of getting a screw job by the refs.

Alabama chooses to be in the SEC and play all those teams as well.

But hell, I'm open minded. I'll add these things you claim matters to my rankings. How I should penalize teams for the quality of the in conference schedule, while giving more credibility to the no conference games that the team "chooses" to play. What kind of weight would you put on that?

This is such a classic response, that it merits careful analysis.

First, why does Alabama schedule like a coward? Answer, "because we can." Classic. Instead of playing equals, they play FCS teams and other lightweights. Even they admit that they don't really have an answer. They play those schools for the same reason dogs lick themselves, because they can. Wow, must be proud about that one.:noidea:

Next, they claim that the neutral site games are better paychecks. Not really. In the one game that I researched, Boise v. Georgia in Atlanta, UGA took about $2.5 million while Boise got $1.25, half. But a game in Athens would net even more, closer to $4 or $5 million, more if you count parking, restaurants, concessions, and so forth. No the real reason is, just like in the Boise example, it was really a de facto home game, since the visitor had fewer fans and wasn't as familiar with the venue. It's all about taking as few risks as possible, but hey, money does matter, too.

So, the Alabama fan is essentially saying, "No, we ain't just cowards, but greedy bastards" Wow, another source of pride. :doh:

Second, they are quick to take credit for the actions of others, eg. the SEC and how they have masterfully given their best teams the opportunity to play for it all every year, by eliminating as many traps as they can. When 3/4 of the non-conference games are at home or against lightweights, well, that's scheduling 42 extra wins, artificially padding the SOS ratings, and virtually guaranteeing that the top teams will be undefeated or have at most, a single loss. But they want everyone else to travel to them, of course.

But they simply cannot admit, even after repeated badgering, that they, and they alone must claim responsibility for their OOC schedules, playing FCS teams, and all the other sad sacks they line up. And they also must take responsibility for choosing to not to play true home and home games most years.

I really don't need to say any more, than to point out that even these folk who so loudly criticize me are essentially admitting that everything I've said is true.:suds:

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Smiles--I've had a lot of respect for Boise for a long time mainly because there are certain similarities between what Boise is still having to overcome as did the Huskers. I don't think however you can fault Alabama anymore than any other major school that won't play you guys. While the Big 8 may have had a little more prestige when Nebraska started doing better--at the time it was still pretty much Oklahoma and then everybody else. I too am a bit frustrated when someone says prove yourself over and over again and for the most part Boise has answered that call. So, when does the bullshit stop? I don't know, but it probably won't until a school like BYU did in '84 when they took all the marbles. Till then the elitists will bitch about the blue turf, the small stadium, the lack of TV market when in fact said schools are concerned (and rightly so) that Boise would give them a run for their money.

:suds::suds::suds:

Man, I take back anything and everything I've ever said against Nebraska because bigred472 gets it!!. Plus, it's time for a little ANTI-BAMA solidarity here.

These arrogant Bama Shit Stains can straight up go FUCK THEMSELVES because I can't remember Bama Ass ever coming out West for a regular season game and I'm old enough to remember this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtzRZxnVLU4]Johnny Rodgers Punt Return Against Oklahoma - YouTube[/ame]

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds::suds::suds:

Man, I take back anything and everything I've ever said against Nebraska because bigred472 gets it!!. Plus, it's time for a little ANTI-BAMA solidarity here.

These arrogant Bama Shit Stains can straight up go FUCK THEMSELVES because I can't remember Bama Ass ever coming out West for a regular season game and I'm old enough to remember this:

Johnny Rodgers Punt Return Against Oklahoma - YouTube

Swinging from yet another teams balls. You really are not particular about whose hairy nuts you hang from are you? Spots open still, all you got to do is make the call. The ball is essentially in your court. Put up or shut up, but we all know Boise wont call for fear of getting blown out.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swinging from yet another teams balls. You really are not particular about whose hairy nuts you hang from are you? Spots open still, all you got to do is make the call. The ball is essentially in your court. Put up or shut up, but we all know Boise wont call for fear of getting blown out.

:L :L :L

dYr6r.jpg

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How sad, you had nothing better to post than yet another lame picture. I know you heard this alot growing up in that special education school you had to go to, Use your words.:L

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't really blame these 2nd rate teams fans for it though. In the scheme of all things CFB, Boise hasn't done shit to amount to anything real for them to talk up. If they don't swing from somebody else's nuts they'd have zero swinging to do.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
I just don't believe a home and home would be possible. Nebraska tried it and they still treated Boise like the little new kid on the block (no respect). And IMO Boise has tolerated that long enough.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't really blame these 2nd rate teams fans for it though. In the scheme of all things CFB, Boise hasn't done shit to amount to anything real for them to talk up. If they don't swing from somebody else's nuts they'd have zero swinging to do.

I love ignorant posts like this. What has Boise accomplished? Not much, considering that they won National Champions at Juco, Div. 1aa, and now are undefeated in BCS appearances. Name another team that rose as quickly. You'd have to go back to Florida St. Indeed Bobby Bowden himself has said as much, which may be one reason why FSU agreed to a home and home with Boise.

Gee, they can do it, why can't Alabama?

Boise has a better winning percentage this century than pretty much anyone.

Boise has had first round NFL draft picks in 4 of the last 5 years, including Doug Martin, Ryan Clady and other consensus pro Bowlers. It's not like they don't have talent. The great part is that these players started out as no-name 2 and 3 star prospects. Alabama has great talent too, but their guys are 4 and 5 star guys from the get go. Boise must develop talent, Bama mainly tries to keep them from getting busted and staying eligible.

Not only does Boise excel on the field, but are perennial members of the top 10 in APR as well. Only Wisconsin and Stanford come close to having top teams and top academic performance ratings.

They go on the road every single year to play major programs. Up until lately, they don't get many return trips to Boise, but this is changing. When you school is a regular member of the top 25 for over ten years, I'd define that as some staying power. Yes, they've been down the last couple years, but no one in Boise is worried. I've already booked tickets for a week in Boston & New England while we play UConn. We'll be in Atlanta, yet again to open the year in the Chick Fil A Kickoff classic. The only difference? Boise travels 2300 + miles, while Bama fans take a quick spin up the freeway and can be back in plenty of time for bed, well, if they are sober (which is rare). Boise travels more in a single year than Bama does in the better part of a decade.

Gee, if Boise does it every single year, why can't Alabama?

I'll admit, we don't have any of the "big" crystal trophies, nor all the statues around campus like the Tide boasts. We do what we do on a small budget in a remote part of the country.

But on the field, Boise can hold its own with anyone. Oh, we don't always win, but play them and find out. I'm confident that Bama would need its A game to beat them, especially in Boise.

But there is no danger of that happening, is there? Nope, you folks only want suckers willing to only play you in Tuscaloosa. Like we have said over and over, come to Boise in 2015, will open up a slot. Then in some future year, we'll return the favor.

Whatsa matter, Bama, you guys treat everyone else that way, can't handle it when you get your own medicine back in your face? Poor babies.:sad2:

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm late to this party but I don't understand why Bama would want to play Boise ST. They offer us nothing, no bump in SOS, no quality win, no reason for a home and home.