• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time for Boise St to put its money where it mouth is

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, are you guys arrogant bastards. Like I said, get your cowardly asses to Boise, or if that is too far below you, try Norman, Eugene, LA, Columbus, or hell, go to East Lansing and play Sparty instead of cancelling the game, you fat chickens.

Meanwhile, we beat Oregon in Eugene, Georgia in Atlanta, and led MSU clear into the 4th quarter in E. Lansing. Alabama hasn't done anything like that out of conference, well, since they went to Norman and had their asses handed to them. But I get it.

"play someone tough, Boise, just not us, and HELL no, we ain't coming to Boise."
Got it.

Wrong, we played and beat PSU at their house a few years back and beat Duke on its home field also. So we have traveled to other teams homes and thus, that makes your statement complete bullshit.

You call us Arrogant, yet name off one game per season that you managed to win, all the while playing the same type cupcakes the rest of your season that you rail Alabama for playing a couple of games a year. Like I said, when you play 8 or 9 AQ teams a season and then beat one of those top teams like you mentioned, then we might be impressed. Do it for more than a few years and we might start to think of you as a top contender, do it for more than a couple of decades and we might let you consider yourselves a perennial top 10 team and maybe let you sit at the table of NCAA royalty like Alabama, Oklahoma, tOSU. Michigan, USC and a few others can do. Until then you havent done shit to earn a spot at anything but the whiners table.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise has nothing to offer for people to come play there. AT ALL. They can't even sell out a 37k stadium, much less pay teams decent amounts of money to come play there.

But then Boise turns around and wants a million or more for the time when they travel to the other teams.

Nobody is scared of any team. It comes down to AD and money/deals. And Boise St wants $30 for a hamburger and can't admit it.

For the record, Alabama has nothing to prove nor needs to prove anything. Your team is the one that makes claims about can't get games and all that other bullshit that has been proven to be wrong.

This is exactly what I said. Bama has an opening and yet we dont see Boise going out of its way to land a big fish like Alabama which is, by their own admission, one of the best college football teams, if not the best, in the NCAA over the last several years. Man I know if I was the AD and wanted to prove my teams mettle, I would be on the phone in a heartbeat if I knew there was a chance. Then again I am not one to sit back and rest on my past accomplishments, I am always forging forward trying to be that much better than I was yesterday. Guess its too easy to whine and lie about the ones that got away than to actually make a bold effort to land the big one.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU and Duke Bo? Gonna hang your hat on those roadies? Guess glass balls are worth it to you Bama boyz then. I understand the ADs schedule thinking, just aint right for a powerhouse club like Bama in my OP. Gotta go with the PACs USC here and NO FCS clubs ever. Now that's real. But hey, the Trojans of lore are soon to playing level again with every one else. THAT'LL BE THE DAY...how's that song go now?

BTW...

Smiles has been right for years...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU and Duke Bo? Gonna hang your hat on those roadies? Guess glass balls are worth it to you Bama boyz then. I understand the ADs schedule thinking, just aint right for a powerhouse club like Bama in my OP. Gotta go with the PACs USC here and NO FCS clubs ever. Now that's real. But hey, the Trojans of lore are soon to playing level again with every one else. THAT'LL BE THE DAY...how's that song go now?

BTW...

Smiles has been right for years...

FYI, Teams that USC has played in its existence, so the higher than mighty, never played an FCS shit can go out the window. All teams have played lower tier or even HS teams in their existence, so info like that you posted is bull.

NON-FBS TEAMS
Ventura Town Team (CA) 1-0-0
Pasadena AC (CA) 2-0-0
San Pedro Submarine Base (CA) 2-0-0
USS Arizona 1-0-0
San Francisco (CA) 1-0-0
Santa Clara (CA) 3-0-0
Santa Fe AC 1-0-0
Alliance AC (CA) 2-0-0
Montana 5-0-0
Southern California Academy 1-0-0
USS Colorado 1-0-0
Southern California Alumni 2-0-0
USS Mississippi 1-0-0
Southern California Prep School 1-0-0
Honolulu Kamehameha HS Alumni (HI) 1-0-0
Westlake Harvard HS (CA) 1-0-0
San Diego HS (CA) 1-0-0
Stanford Student Army Trg Corps (CA) 1-0-0
Saint Mary's Pre-Flight (CA) 4-0-0
Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo 1-0-0
Phoenix Indian School (AZ) 1-0-0
Orange AC (CA) 2-0-0
California National Guard 2-0-0
Chaw-Sir Club (CA) 1-0-0
Carnegie Mellon (PA) 1-0-0
Fort MacArthur (CA) 1-0-0
Redlands (CA) 4-0-0
Los Angeles Poly HS (CA) 1-0-0
Rancho Cucamonga Chaffey HS (CA) 1-0-0
Arrowhead AC (CA) 1-0-0
Pacific (CA) 6-0-0
Denver (CO) 1-0-0
USS New York 1-0-0
Long Beach Poly HS (CA) 1-0-0
21st Infantry (CA) 1-0-0
California Tech 12-1-1
Whittier (CA) 11-1-1
Whittier Reform School 4-1-0
Los Angeles AC (CA) 3-1-0
Occidental (CA) 16-5-2
Pomona-Pitzer (CA) 13-4-4
Loyola Marymount (CA) 5-3-1
San Diego NTS (CA) 3-2-0
Saint Mary's (CA) 5-4-0
Los Angeles HS (CA) 4-3-3
Santa Barbara AC (CA) 1-1-0
Santa Ana HS (CA) 2-2-0
Chaffey CC (CA) 1-1-0
Sherman Indian School (CA) 1-4-1
Mare Island Marines (CA) 0-1-0
4th Air Force (CA) 0-1-0
Olive Club 0-1-0
San Diego YMCA (CA) 0-1-0

Now, to says Smiles is right should make you want to puke, but then you think Obama is a good President, so there is that.:lol:

Also, I have noted many times that i dont like the way my team schedules, I have also stated i am powerless to make that change. My point is that it currently has an opening and Smiles says no Big fish ever come calling. If I was an AD at a podunk school like Boise and I wanted a big fish, I would get my pole and go fishing for one. Bama didnt wait on teams to come to them, they went to them and asked to play them to build their reputation. They didnt rest on one accomplishment a year, they played many of them and any and all, no matter where the game was played. Bama doesnt have a thing to prove now, so why should we ask boise if we can come play in that high school stadium on the field of blue? what is in it for Alabama? To prove they can beat Boise? Reality says that they can and any thing can happen on any given day, but lets not kid ourselves, we dont need Boise to be Alabama, but Boise needs all the Alabama's they can get to even be considered worthy of a real name. We made our bones on the broken dreams of other teams, let them make theirs the same way. Why are they so special that they cant?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess glass balls are worth it to you Bama boyz then.

Are you trying to suggest it wouldn't be worth it to any team? Not that having a single FCS team on your schedule even matters in that realm.

Btw I'm pretty sure Penn St was a top25 team back then. That was one of Joe Pa's last games. Nobody considered Duke to be a great team, but we for some reason traveled to it. I'm guessing probably something similar to our current problem, last minute filler.

The whole OOC argument is dumb. What is being done is people are singling out a small part of the overall schedule and ignoring the rest in order to present a false picture. People can like it or not, but the fact of the matter is the other conferences aren't as deep as the SEC. And everyone knows it and that is the entire reason people want to talk about "OOC" schedule.

And then some Boise St dumbass comes in here, takes those 4 games and picks out 1 game that is in their best interest and the 1 game on other team that is worse, and then tries to pretend they are really doing something because they play 1 game all year long that is of the same quality or better than the teams that doing it 8 and 9 times a year.

All that matters is the overall SoS. And what that equates to overall is that a team needs to schedule the strength according to their conferences. What that means is if you are in a mediocre conference, you need to schedule a bit tougher OOC games to make up for it. If you are already in a tough conference, then you don't need it as much.

Hell, teams like Boise St should shut their mouths and hope major programs schedule weaker - so they can have a competitive SoS. And all Boise St would need to do is schedule 3 good AQ teams a year and they would have that. I guess some of them have just figured and accepted moral victories is about as good as it can get.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, Teams that USC has played in its existence, so the higher than mighty, never played an FCS shit can go out the window. All teams have played lower tier or even HS teams in their existence, so info like that you posted is bull.

NON-FBS TEAMS
Ventura Town Team (CA) 1-0-0
Pasadena AC (CA) 2-0-0
San Pedro Submarine Base (CA) 2-0-0
USS Arizona 1-0-0
San Francisco (CA) 1-0-0
Santa Clara (CA) 3-0-0
Santa Fe AC 1-0-0
Alliance AC (CA) 2-0-0
Montana 5-0-0
Southern California Academy 1-0-0
USS Colorado 1-0-0
Southern California Alumni 2-0-0
USS Mississippi 1-0-0
Southern California Prep School 1-0-0
Honolulu Kamehameha HS Alumni (HI) 1-0-0
Westlake Harvard HS (CA) 1-0-0
San Diego HS (CA) 1-0-0
Stanford Student Army Trg Corps (CA) 1-0-0
Saint Mary's Pre-Flight (CA) 4-0-0
Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo 1-0-0
Phoenix Indian School (AZ) 1-0-0
Orange AC (CA) 2-0-0
California National Guard 2-0-0
Chaw-Sir Club (CA) 1-0-0
Carnegie Mellon (PA) 1-0-0
Fort MacArthur (CA) 1-0-0
Redlands (CA) 4-0-0
Los Angeles Poly HS (CA) 1-0-0
Rancho Cucamonga Chaffey HS (CA) 1-0-0
Arrowhead AC (CA) 1-0-0
Pacific (CA) 6-0-0
Denver (CO) 1-0-0
USS New York 1-0-0
Long Beach Poly HS (CA) 1-0-0
21st Infantry (CA) 1-0-0
California Tech 12-1-1
Whittier (CA) 11-1-1
Whittier Reform School 4-1-0
Los Angeles AC (CA) 3-1-0
Occidental (CA) 16-5-2
Pomona-Pitzer (CA) 13-4-4
Loyola Marymount (CA) 5-3-1
San Diego NTS (CA) 3-2-0
Saint Mary's (CA) 5-4-0
Los Angeles HS (CA) 4-3-3
Santa Barbara AC (CA) 1-1-0
Santa Ana HS (CA) 2-2-0
Chaffey CC (CA) 1-1-0
Sherman Indian School (CA) 1-4-1
Mare Island Marines (CA) 0-1-0
4th Air Force (CA) 0-1-0
Olive Club 0-1-0
San Diego YMCA (CA) 0-1-0

Now, to says Smiles is right should make you want to puke, but then you think Obama is a good President, so there is that.:lol:

Also, I have noted many times that i dont like the way my team schedules, I have also stated i am powerless to make that change. My point is that it currently has an opening and Smiles says no Big fish ever come calling. If I was an AD at a podunk school like Boise and I wanted a big fish, I would get my pole and go fishing for one. Bama didnt wait on teams to come to them, they went to them and asked to play them to build their reputation. They didnt rest on one accomplishment a year, they played many of them and any and all, no matter where the game was played. Bama doesnt have a thing to prove now, so why should we ask boise if we can come play in that high school stadium on the field of blue? what is in it for Alabama? To prove they can beat Boise? Reality says that they can and any thing can happen on any given day, but lets not kid ourselves, we dont need Boise to be Alabama, but Boise needs all the Alabama's they can get to even be considered worthy of a real name. We made our bones on the broken dreams of other teams, let them make theirs the same way. Why are they so special that they cant?

Wow, you Bammers are desperate. Pulling out games from back when USC was just starting, football was essentially a club sport and cfb wasn't even really divided into the different divisions that it is now.

There is zero defense for how 'Bama and much of the SEC schedules OOC. Trying to deflect by posting nonsense from literally over 100 years ago doesn't help your case, it hurts it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you Bammers are desperate. Pulling out games from back when USC was just starting, football was essentially a club sport and cfb wasn't even really divided into the different divisions that it is now.

There is zero defense for how 'Bama and much of the SEC schedules OOC. Trying to deflect by posting nonsense from literally over 100 years ago doesn't help your case, it hurts it.

Never said it was a defense, so lets not try and put words in my mouth okay. Read what I stated in response to what was posted. Words like "Gotta go with the PACs USC here and NO FCS clubs ever". Thats a bunch of bullshit and its time that people got called on using terms like that as it gets used over and over until its believed, when its simply not true. We've got enough mental midgets that believe anything they read without doing their own research so lets not add to them by posting complete bullshit.

And i am not desperate to do a thing here. My position is that Boise should be on the lookout for good games and take them when they can get them, not hoping a team like an Alabama will throw them a bone once in a while. You know as well as I do that teams like USC, Alabama and others all played top competition to make their names and they played in on fields that were not their home field. What Bama does today is more a sign of the state of the NCAA and nothing more. Why do more than is necessary to get a possible playoff berth? Its ludicrous to think a team is going to go out of its way if it doesnt have to and lets face it, the Alabama's and USC's of the world dont, but a Boise does if they want to make a name for themselves.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation, the AD is a coward. This lame attempt at being clever is proof positive that the Tide really doesn't have a defense, they are gaming the system.

Look, we all get it. Alabama has convinced everyone of the superiority of its program. They are on top. So they don't want to do anything fair or honest that could possibly compromise the position they've attained.

So this is all about working the system, which the Tide has done well. Nope, they'll end up hiring some low end school to come to Tuscaloosa, or that failing they'll pick the absolute easiest H/H series that they can get.

The Tide got the SEC to set up a room service in conference schedule, in which they play the same 7 teams every year, and they carefully limit trap games out of conference. The WVU game in nearby Atlanta simply is more evidence of this. They get credit for playing a team that was once pretty good, but is down lately. and they get to play in a friendly, familiar venue, in which they will have almost every advantage.

A trip to Boise, or hell, any other place across the country is definitely not in the cards, Alabama would do such a thing only as a last resort. They'd rather play 2 FCS schools, like they did last year (and got away with) than actually place honest competition on a level playing field.

It's the Alabama way.
-------
Smiles--I've had a lot of respect for Boise for a long time mainly because there are certain similarities between what Boise is still having to overcome as did the Huskers. I don't think however you can fault Alabama anymore than any other major school that won't play you guys. While the Big 8 may have had a little more prestige when Nebraska started doing better--at the time it was still pretty much Oklahoma and then everybody else. I too am a bit frustrated when someone says prove yourself over and over again and for the most part Boise has answered that call. So, when does the bullshit stop? I don't know, but it probably won't until a school like BYU did in '84 when they took all the marbles. Till then the elitists will bitch about the blue turf, the small stadium, the lack of TV market when in fact said schools are concerned (and rightly so) that Boise would give them a run for their money.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2: :finger: :boxing:

Bo...You CONSTANTLY TALK ABOUT BOISE ST, FUC EM.....CLEAN UP YOUR OWN BACK YARD DAMNIT! :laugh3:

For what, scheduling so that it pleases someone else? Do you think I or you or anyone who is a casual fan has the ability to change anything? If you do then i weep for you. MONEY and lots of it is all that makes a difference. So lets not pretend that fans have the ability to effect change without a large number....a really fucking large number getting a foothold with large sums of money and a voice to effect change.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole OOC argument is dumb. What is being done is people are singling out a small part of the overall schedule and ignoring the rest in order to present a false picture. People can like it or not, but the fact of the matter is the other conferences aren't as deep as the SEC. And everyone knows it and that is the entire reason people want to talk about "OOC" schedule.

And then some Boise St dumbass comes in here, takes those 4 games and picks out 1 game that is in their best interest and the 1 game on other team that is worse, and then tries to pretend they are really doing something because they play 1 game all year long that is of the same quality or better than the teams that doing it 8 and 9 times a year.

All that matters is the overall SoS. And what that equates to overall is that a team needs to schedule the strength according to their conferences. What that means is if you are in a mediocre conference, you need to schedule a bit tougher OOC games to make up for it. If you are already in a tough conference, then you don't need it as much.

Hell, teams like Boise St should shut their mouths and hope major programs schedule weaker - so they can have a competitive SoS. And all Boise St would need to do is schedule 3 good AQ teams a year and they would have that. I guess some of them have just figured and accepted moral victories is about as good as it can get.

OK, let's discuss, one by one. Notice how the fan of a team that schedules FCS teams and bad FBS teams year after year, tries to poo-pah his school's cowardice? Yeah, we can all see why you'd claim that OOC schedules to be dumb. But, speaking of dumb, explain how ANYONE is supposed to play Bama, when they seldom travel, and only play cupcake teams at home in the ONLY games they actually control? It takes two to tango, and you only want to dance in Tuscaloosa, that humid in late summer, tornado infested place? No wonder no one any good wants to play there. Discuss....

Crickets.

The next paragraph is unintelligible, but that's probably from drinking and that funny logic that you use, old pal.

Crickets

All that matters is overall SOS? Really? So help me out, which formula shall we use, since I can list at least a half dozen, all using a different method and algorithms? Besides, all SOS does is measure how well the teams who played your team did, not the team in question. Is it Boise's fault if they are required to play their conference teams? No more than Alabama can take credit for the actions of its conference. Neither answer the real question, how good is the team? SOS is mostly used as a tie-breaker, if you want to get picky. Even the pollsters admit that, at best it only gives one aspect. But since SOS by its very mathematical nature gives bias to power conference teams, surprise, surprise, power conference fans like it while non-power conference teams don't. Go figure.

And it is kind of you to discuss moral victories. But hey, maybe, you could avoid that crutch if you'd stop trying long field goals when the coaches fail to take into account the rules of what happens if the other team decides to run back the attempt? Oh, sorry, too soon? Gosh, you'd think that you could at least beat Auburn, a team who needs miracles to beat Utah State.

Have a nice moral victory, ole 4 down, who knows with that extra money, ole Nick might be able to review the rules and make a better coaching decision, ya think?:lol:

Meanwhile, good luck in finding a sucker to come to Tuscaloosa since, fair play seems not to be an option.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what, scheduling so that it pleases someone else? Do you think I or you or anyone who is a casual fan has the ability to change anything? If you do then i weep for you. MONEY and lots of it is all that makes a difference. So lets not pretend that fans have the ability to effect change without a large number....a really fucking large number getting a foothold with large sums of money and a voice to effect change.

Copy the "show me the money" and then NO denial about a crappy sched from your BIG boyz either...

It's all good now Bo...stay easy soldier :suds:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Copy the "show me the money" and then NO denial about a crappy sched from your BIG boyz either...

It's all good now Bo...stay easy soldier :suds:

We can always disagree and still be tight, you my budz still Wallybeaver:suds:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, let's discuss, one by one. explain how ANYONE is supposed to play Bama, when they seldom travel, and only play cupcake teams at home in the ONLY games they actually control?

It takes two to tango, and you only want to dance in Tuscaloosa, that humid in late summer, tornado infested place? No wonder no one any good wants to play there. Discuss....

And it is kind of you to discuss moral victories. But hey, maybe, you could avoid that crutch if you'd stop trying long field goals when the coaches fail to take into account the rules of what happens if the other team decides to run back the attempt? Oh, sorry, too soon? Gosh, you'd think that you could at least beat Auburn, a team who needs miracles to beat Utah State.

Meanwhile, good luck in finding a sucker to come to Tuscaloosa since, fair play seems not to be an option.

So you want to know how to get a game...lets see Bama has a hole in its 2015 schedule currently and you want to know how to get a game? I thought you were pretty smart by the way you articulate, but apparently this one has escaped your attention. Benefit of the doubt for now though.

We dont play all our OOC games to start the season like many teams do, we spread ours out over the entire season, so who says you get a humid game day, you might get an October or November game date. Surely you can play in 50 degree weather and it not hurt your teams chances by sweating a little.

Moral victories is all you got and at the rate of one a year, the rest are patsies and cupcakes that teams like Alabama get laughed at for playing. Oh and I know what you wanted to insinuate, but here are the facts for you so it doesnt get misinterpreted. Alabama did beat Auburn very easily the year they needed a miracle to beat Utah State. As for last year, sometimes thats the way the ball bounces. Still pretty impressive run, how many titles has Boise got in its run of one team a year games since joining the FBS? Hell, how many conference titles does it have since joining the MWC for that matter?

And that last part is classic deflection on your part. Have your AD call Bama and inquire about the open date. I have it on good authority that Battle is willing to discuss a home and home, but fear is all that stands between Boise and their eventual success or failure as a team. Bama made its bones, now lets see if Boise can make its name as anything other than a bunch of whiners looking for respect playing one good game a year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said it was a defense, so lets not try and put words in my mouth okay. Read what I stated in response to what was posted. Words like "Gotta go with the PACs USC here and NO FCS clubs ever". Thats a bunch of bullshit and its time that people got called on using terms like that as it gets used over and over until its believed, when its simply not true. We've got enough mental midgets that believe anything they read without doing their own research so lets not add to them by posting complete bullshit.

And i am not desperate to do a thing here. My position is that Boise should be on the lookout for good games and take them when they can get them, not hoping a team like an Alabama will throw them a bone once in a while. You know as well as I do that teams like USC, Alabama and others all played top competition to make their names and they played in on fields that were not their home field. What Bama does today is more a sign of the state of the NCAA and nothing more. Why do more than is necessary to get a possible playoff berth? Its ludicrous to think a team is going to go out of its way if it doesnt have to and lets face it, the Alabama's and USC's of the world dont, but a Boise does if they want to make a name for themselves.

It's not bullshit at all. Back when USC played those teams, football was in it's infancy and there were no divisions. In fact, for the first few years, when many of those games were played it was a club sport.

3 teams have never played an FCS school: USC, UCLA and Notre Dame. You posting deflections because you don't like what another poster stated doesn't change that fact.

I agree that teams like USC and Alabama played top competition to get where they are and Boise needs to do the same, but they are trying which you and some others don't seem to want to give them credit for.

The reason that Boise fans give about having trouble scheduling games vs. AQ's is valid, yet you and others act like all Boise has to do is ask and teams will line up to play them. Imo, with what Boise has accomplished they have earned the right to ask for more money than other non-AQ's for a "one-off" game where they travel or for a home and home. Yet, many teams don't want to give them either.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, let's discuss, one by one. Notice how the fan of a team that schedules FCS teams and bad FBS teams year after year, tries to poo-pah his school's cowardice? Yeah, we can all see why you'd claim that OOC schedules to be dumb. But, speaking of dumb, explain how ANYONE is supposed to play Bama, when they seldom travel, and only play cupcake teams at home in the ONLY games they actually control? It takes two to tango, and you only want to dance in Tuscaloosa, that humid in late summer, tornado infested place? No wonder no one any good wants to play there. Discuss....

We don't have to apparently. Oh yeah, it's because we play in a conference with plenty of good competition in itself to provide the toughest schedules in the conference. We do not need Boise St if you want to get right down to it.

Want to change it? Play a tougher schedule than the SEC teams and then make it into the final games over us. You want things done on the field? Then go do it. Otherwise, you are the fat kid telling the in shape people at the gym they don't eat enough veggies.

All that matters is overall SOS? Really? So help me out, which formula shall we use, since I can list at least a half dozen, all using a different method and algorithms? Besides, all SOS does is measure how well the teams who played your team did, not the team in question.
While individual results in SoS vary a bit, there is still a general consensus. It's not rocket science.

As for "all it does", yeah that's why it's only used when looking at the final rankings, not in itself a final ranking.

Is it Boise's fault if they are required to play their conference teams? No more than Alabama can take credit for the actions of its conference. Neither answer the real question, how good is the team? SOS is mostly used as a tie-breaker, if you want to get picky. Even the pollsters admit that, at best it only gives one aspect. But since SOS by its very mathematical nature gives bias to power conference teams, surprise, surprise, power conference fans like it while non-power conference teams don't. Go figure.
Fault has nothing to do with it. The reality is, you can't reward a team for playing a shitty SoS. And you sure as hell can't pretend the schedule exists of only 1 or 2 games a year, of which you get to pick out the ones to highlight, to try and pretend like everything is even.

Yeah, those are the things I think about over the past few years. Please tell me more about how awful Alabama football has been and how I need moral victories.

1001232.jpg

Have a nice moral victory, ole 4 down, who knows with that extra money, ole Nick might be able to review the rules and make a better coaching decision, ya think?:lol:

I'm sure we'll have no trouble filling that spot. Luck will have nothing to do with it - unless it's another game with West Virgina.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to suggest it wouldn't be worth it to any team? Not that having a single FCS team on your schedule even matters in that realm.

Btw I'm pretty sure Penn St was a top25 team back then. That was one of Joe Pa's last games. Nobody considered Duke to be a great team, but we for some reason traveled to it. I'm guessing probably something similar to our current problem, last minute filler.

Your answer to the OOC argument is what is dumb. OOC is the part of the schedule that teams can control. It is the games that a program chooses to play. 'Bama and a few other SEC teams choose to schedule those like schoolyard bullies and only pick on smaller, weaker teams who have to travel to Alabama with no return game at their place. On the rare occasions when 'Bama plays an AQ team, it's either a neutral site game usually involving less travel for them than the opponent or a home and home which they buy their way out of.

You can deflect and try to claim the OOC discussion is "dumb", but it doesn't change the facts of who 'Bama chooses to play.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not bullshit at all. Back when USC played those teams, football was in it's infancy and there were no divisions. In fact, for the first few years, when many of those games were played it was a club sport.

3 teams have never played an FCS school: USC, UCLA and Notre Dame. You posting deflections because you don't like what another poster stated doesn't change that fact.

I agree that teams like USC and Alabama played top competition to get where they are and Boise needs to do the same, but they are trying which you and some others don't seem to want to give them credit for.

The reason that Boise fans give about having trouble scheduling games vs. AQ's is valid, yet you and others act like all Boise has to do is ask and teams will line up to play them. Imo, with what Boise has accomplished they have earned the right to ask for more money than other non-AQ's for a "one-off" game where they travel or for a home and home. Yet, many teams don't want to give them either.

Which is why that statement he made is bullshit...officially. Now since the divisions have been create di can go for USC having never played a lower tier team like an FCS team, but lets not pretend it has NEVER happened. Even Bama has teams like that on its listing of teams. I did find it funny that one Indian school seemed to Own USC:lol:

Finally, the point i have made several times is that Boise makes the claims it calls schools, but no one really knows this, we are just taking their word for it. Bama now has a big hole in its schedule for next year, but I would venture to say Boise has not picked up the phone to inquire about that opening because they already have a full schedule and will choose to play Idaho State instead of an Alabama where they might be able to negotiate a home and home out of Battle in order for Bama to get an opponent for its missing date.

So while we can all suppose that Boise is calling teams, are they really calling all of them or is it lip service? Bama doesnt need Boise, Boise needs Bama and thats all that matters at this point.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why that statement he made is bullshit...officially. Now since the divisions have been create di can go for USC having never played a lower tier team like an FCS team, but lets not pretend it has NEVER happened. Even Bama has teams like that on its listing of teams. I did find it funny that one Indian school seemed to Own USC:lol:

Finally, the point i have made several times is that Boise makes the claims it calls schools, but no one really knows this, we are just taking their word for it. Bama now has a big hole in its schedule for next year, but I would venture to say Boise has not picked up the phone to inquire about that opening because they already have a full schedule and will choose to play Idaho State instead of an Alabama where they might be able to negotiate a home and home out of Battle in order for Bama to get an opponent for its missing date.

So while we can all suppose that Boise is calling teams, are they really calling all of them or is it lip service? Bama doesnt need Boise, Boise needs Bama and thats all that matters at this point.

1.) Officially, according to the NCAA, USC has never played an FCS school.

2.) Those were some badass Indians back in the day. They had bows and arrows and shit. USC was just a Methodist school at the time. In fact, the team name at the time was the Methodists.

3.) You know as well as I do that if Boise calls Battle wanting a home and home, he'll laugh and hang up the phone. Additionally, unlike Alabama, it is not cost effective for a school with Boise's budget to buy their way out of a game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, anyone else watching this Kings/Rangers game? AWESOME freaking game!!