• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tigers vs. Rangers II - Fear the Dutchstache Edition

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Granted, Holland is throwing an awful game. But the ump is doing everything in his power to make sure this thing is tied 1-1 going back to Detroit. Holland is getting NOTHING from the ump up in the zone. Scherzer is getting the widest strike zone I've seen in the playoffs yet. This one smells bad already. Conspiracy aside, something doesn't look right in this ballgame.

Hard to give a guy who can't throw strikes the benefit of the doubt. Rangers just finally got burned for Holland's wildness. Scherzer is hitable today. Feldy and the pen just have to hold this thing to one.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winner of today's game is going to win this series. Mark it down. Holland may have good stuff, but he pitches like a pimple faced teenager when the pressure is on. He is not a big game pitcher at all. Rangers in big time trouble now. I mean big time. Bullpen is going to be gassed heading to Detroit. We needed good Holland today...we got the worst he could give us. Hopefully the bats will rally.

And here comes the doom and gloom, haven't you learned you are terrible at making predictions?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't score more than 2 runs we're not going to win anyways. We just need Feldman to get us through the 5th so we can bring in Ogando for a couple of innings.

I'd rather burn Feldman till the 7th or so...and save Ogando for tomorrow.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh yeah..... no.

oh were you seeing something that none of us saw? he was high with just about everything and barely threw more strikes than balls. and it wasn't the umpire not giving him calls he was wild with just about everything

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Winner of today's game is going to win this series. Mark it down. Holland may have good stuff, but he pitches like a pimple faced teenager when the pressure is on. He is not a big game pitcher at all. Rangers in big time trouble now. I mean big time. Bullpen is going to be gassed heading to Detroit. We needed good Holland today...we got the worst he could give us. Hopefully the bats will rally.

The worst he could give? That was against Florida. Geez man. The winner of this game is not guaranteed to win this series, unless it's the Rangers!

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh were you seeing something that none of us saw? he was high with just about everything and barely threw more strikes than balls. and it wasn't the umpire not giving him calls he was wild with just about everything

So I guess you would have pulled CJ Saturday night too then... right? RIGHT?

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather burn Feldman till the 7th or so...and save Ogando for tomorrow.

I believe the most important playoff game is the one you're currently playing. If Ogando pitching gives us the best chance to win today then he's gotta pitch.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's dumb. I'm sorry, but Holland has to go out and do his job.

and he wasn't doing his job. everything was high, he barely threw more strikes than balls. he threw 75+ pitches in 2.2 innings. when the pitcher obviously can't do his job it is the job of the manager to do his and bring someone in who can do his.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now the question is does Feldman possibly take Holland's spot later in the playoffs?

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and he wasn't doing his job. everything was high, he barely threw more strikes than balls. he threw 75+ pitches in 2.2 innings. when the pitcher obviously can't do his job it is the job of the manager to do his and bring someone in who can do his.

Funny how it's always a great job by the player when he does his job, but always a horrible job by the manager when they don't. Just funny.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the question is does Feldman possibly take Holland's spot later in the playoffs?

Doubt it..... showing "faith" in players/pitchers has proven to be a good thing so far.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JTA, I know you don't like my predictions, but take it to the bank: Winner today wins this series. Rangers will be lucky to win one game in Detroit. They need a 2-0 lead going in, so if the worst happens and we drop all three, we still got a chance back at home. I'm telling ya, today is huge. And Holland looked like spring training.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what you're saying is if the Rangers would have lost game 1 to Verlander that the series would already be over? Essentially that's what you're saying if you believe a 1-1 series tie going into Detroit makes them the favorites to win.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So guys, It's time to bench Kins, Young & Napoli and a couple others. They havent done their job today. I know its still really early and all... but they arent getting it done.

I'm blaming this on Wash.

:behindsofa:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess you would have pulled CJ Saturday night too then... right? RIGHT?

how about you answer this questions: was Holland wild? was CJ as wild as Holland? were CJ's pitches high like Holland's?

my answers to these questions: 1) everything was up. he was so wild that the umpire was reticent to give him any calls. 2) CJ was consistently around the plate and considering the weather he did okay. 3) my answer 2 answers this question.