• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thurmond to the 49ers?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's gone but that's the last place I want to see him end up at. I thought he played better than Browner last season.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did play well… I wouldn't want to see him go there either… He played solid football all year despite the suspension which was idiotic on his part BUT he was playing good football no question…

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did play well… I wouldn't want to see him go there either… He played solid football all year despite the suspension which was idiotic on his part BUT he was playing good football no question…

It's a move that makes them better and it probably won't cost that much given the suspension. It's all the inside knowledge he brings on top of everything else that really scares me. I'd be really surprised if they pass on this one.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a move that makes them better and it probably won't cost that much given the suspension. It's all the inside knowledge he brings on top of everything else that really scares me. I'd be really surprised if they pass on this one.

He might be expecting more $ than what the 49rs are willing to give him…

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even talking to the 49'ers should be punishable by imprisonment for no less than 366 days.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a good nickel CB for us last year and provides us with more depth. I can't imagine he would be expensive to retain, Seahawks shouldn't allow him to go to the 49ers. I also heard that he will be visiting the Jags and Redskins.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only heard this from my friend, word of mouth, but he mentioned Golden Tate was asked about being contacted by the 9ers too and said something like "I couldn't do that to Seattle."

LOL. I hope that's true. I really do like Golden Tate and wish him nothing but the best. He'll always be a big part of the first Super Bowl winning Seahawks team

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only heard this from my friend, word of mouth, but he mentioned Golden Tate was asked about being contacted by the 9ers too and said something like "I couldn't do that to Seattle."

LOL. I hope that's true. I really do like Golden Tate and wish him nothing but the best. He'll always be a big part of the first Super Bowl winning Seahawks team

Yes, tate said that on Mahler's show the day he signed the deal. Softy asked him if they offered him $50m would he go to SF? And he of course said don't put me in that position and laughed.

I do have one question about Thurmond going to SF though, how does that rate on the 'above reproach' scale? I mean can you bring in known 'cheaters' and still have that claim? :noidea:

How many of their fans are saying they don't want him because he used drugs? I mean because ALL of them have been on our case about the drug use scandals for our team so NONE of them can possibly support this move right? :laugh3: You just know the fucking hypocrites will be telling us it didn't happen while they were on their team so it's all good right?

On another note, he was out testing the waters because he wants to be a starting corner in the league and paid like one. If SF if indeed only looking at him as an experienced nickle corner does that reduce the offer they would be willing to make and would he just be better off looking at whatever Seattle might be offering him behind the scenes anyway?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's interest to me is Browner seems to be getting more action then Thurmond on the market.

If you could get Thurm back at some thing like 2 years/ 7-8 mil. Why not?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's interest to me is Browner seems to be getting more action then Thurmond on the market.

If you could get Thurm back at some thing like 2 years/ 7-8 mil. Why not?

I doubt we'll see him again. IMO, he has #1 CB ability. He's either looking for something long term or a 1-year prove it deal where he can have a good shot at being a #1, he wont get either of those here.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we'll see him again. IMO, he has #1 CB ability. He's either looking for something long term or a 1-year prove it deal where he can have a good shot at being a #1, he wont get either of those here.

Well if that's his story he won't get that with the 49'ers either. They are only looking for a nickel, not a starter.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if that's his story he won't get that with the 49'ers either. They are only looking for a nickel, not a starter.

I'm counting on that. Though if they let him come in and compete for that #1 spot, I think he'd win it.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably lip service on Tate's part. That guy is all about himself and he wouldn't be a niner because their qb sucks and he would have to play against 3 of the toughest defenses in the league twice a year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably lip service on Tate's part. That guy is all about himself and he wouldn't be a niner because their qb sucks and he would have to play against 3 of the toughest defenses in the league twice a year.

Just wondering, did you listen to his exit interview with Softie?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering, did you listen to his exit interview with Softie?
Yea I could tell it wasnt easy for him. You could tell his voice was trembling. Point blank we didnt value him as much as the Lions did. Doesnt even seem like our offer was $5 mill/year which is fine now that I think about it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I could tell it wasnt easy for him. You could tell his voice was trembling. Point blank we didnt value him as much as the Lions did. Doesnt even seem like our offer was $5 mill/year which is fine now that I think about it.

The problem was that a #2 receiver isn't a core player and the Seahawks are trying to hold on to the core guys and it isn't going to be easy. Made me feel cold blooded for agreeing with the Seahawks, because here was a good player that wanted to stay, but the Seahawks just couldn't afford him. After hearing that interview, I'll always wish him the best.