• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers - Cardinals

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WTH was that?

Piss poor playcalling.
1st--what was with all the QB running plays? I get calling a few to surprise the defense, but that was a recipe for getting the QB injured.
2nd--Mitchell was back and effective, so one would think that the offense would lean on the running game, but instead Lance got more called run plays than the Mitchell?
3rd--kick the effin FG, Cotton! Missing on one 4th down is one thing, but going for it 4 times seems like Shanny was trying to lose the game.

I get Lance struggling against in his first start--on the road, good pass rush, inconsistent OL, etc. I even get his first pass sailing--not like it's the first time we've seen a young QB come out overeager and too cranked up. Still, the game seemed a step too fast for him. I do NOT think Shanny did him any favors calling all those QB running plays.

The defense has its best performance and the offense basically died. Shanny is supposed to be an offensive guru, but that was embarrassing for anyone and particularly so for him. If this was Shanny's way of showing people that Lance isn't ready yet, fine, but that means he should've been the 3rd QB instead of the primary backup for an injury-prone Grop.

Our OL couldn't get through a 3 play span without committing a false start or holding penalty. That has to be cleared up if we want to win anything.

If Grop was 2-3 going into the bye, like we are now, there would be calls for Trey to start at home against Indy after the bye. Yet, Shanny has said so far, that nothing has changed at QB.

Shanny does not have ot worry about his job. He's under contract through 2025. So he's safe this year and almost certainly next year too. That was part of the reason he and Lynch felt safe enough to trade everything to move up for Lance. Notice that what I said was that SHANNY is safe for at least a couple more years, but I dont' think the same could be said for Lynch, who could quietly be moved elsewhere in the FO and a new GM promoted/hired so that HC-Shanny can do his job without worrying so much about being GM-Shanny.
The O-line needs to find more consistency, run and pass. More so now because Lance is trying gain experience, how can he learn when there's no time to pass?

We knew going into the season this O-line wasn't 'Prime Choice", but their consistentcy isn't even NFL average. They probably can't get to "SB level", but they should get to "NFL average" or "above average".

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTH was that?

Piss poor playcalling.
1st--what was with all the QB running plays? I get calling a few to surprise the defense, but that was a recipe for getting the QB injured.
2nd--Mitchell was back and effective, so one would think that the offense would lean on the running game, but instead Lance got more called run plays than the Mitchell?
3rd--kick the effin FG, Cotton! Missing on one 4th down is one thing, but going for it 4 times seems like Shanny was trying to lose the game.

I get Lance struggling against in his first start--on the road, good pass rush, inconsistent OL, etc. I even get his first pass sailing--not like it's the first time we've seen a young QB come out overeager and too cranked up. Still, the game seemed a step too fast for him. I do NOT think Shanny did him any favors calling all those QB running plays.

The defense has its best performance and the offense basically died. Shanny is supposed to be an offensive guru, but that was embarrassing for anyone and particularly so for him. If this was Shanny's way of showing people that Lance isn't ready yet, fine, but that means he should've been the 3rd QB instead of the primary backup for an injury-prone Grop.

Our OL couldn't get through a 3 play span without committing a false start or holding penalty. That has to be cleared up if we want to win anything.

If Grop was 2-3 going into the bye, like we are now, there would be calls for Trey to start at home against Indy after the bye. Yet, Shanny has said so far, that nothing has changed at QB.

Shanny does not have ot worry about his job. He's under contract through 2025. So he's safe this year and almost certainly next year too. That was part of the reason he and Lynch felt safe enough to trade everything to move up for Lance. Notice that what I said was that SHANNY is safe for at least a couple more years, but I dont' think the same could be said for Lynch, who could quietly be moved elsewhere in the FO and a new GM promoted/hired so that HC-Shanny can do his job without worrying so much about being GM-Shanny.
It worked

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O-line needs to find more consistency, run and pass. More so now because Lance is trying gain experience, how can he learn when there's no time to pass?
Hand the ball off. Then run play action. Call roll outs. Call screens, slants, quick dump offs after the WRs clear out. That's how.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hand the ball off. Then run play action. Call roll outs. Call screens, slants, quick dump offs after the WRs clear out. That's how.
Almost any QB can do this, but if Lance is to fulfill his potential, he needs experience thowing more than 5 yards. He will only fulfill his potential by being a good passer.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost any QB can do this, but if Lance is to fulfill his potential, he needs experience thowing more than 5 yards. He will only fulfill his potential by being a good passer.
He threw downfield but every time he did the ball sailed so they had to stop calling those plays. It took spectacular catches from Aiyuk and Samuel just to get any catches of any decent length.