• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Eric Ebron.........

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think of Ebron as our TB Bucs WR Vincent Jackson...... game, set, match. They're similar in physical stature and speed. It's worked for Jackson, now give Ebron 4-6 games, then poof, it'll be just like majic....

Last edited by a moderator:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resigning Pettigrew was my favorite move of the offseason.

Was just wondering if Ebron is the new "mark". I understand your stance on Ebron, (especially considering where he was taken) just seems I may be on the optimistic side with him. Despite not really expecting or demanding any statistical production minimums.

Realistically I don't see him having anywhere near BPs value THIS year.

Yeah, probably.

You have to understand. Someone who maxed out at 120 lbs. in high school, and would kill for a body type like that, has absolutely no patience whatsoever for a big pussy.

But to be fair, if he had been taken in the 2nd round, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree now after seeing what we did that he is a luxury pick. Especially with Broyles healthy and Fuller stepping up. We are not hurting for receivers. Even Fauria looks real good. Still kinda slow but good.

I thought he looked pretty fast on that 8 yard catch he turned into a 20 yard gain. He's got long legs, so he doesn't look like he's running fast (watch Megatron break away, he looks like he's running in slow-motion compared to the DBs, but he pulls away none-the-less), but he moved right through a sea of Giants defenders who were all trying hard to run him down.

I don't think he's going to have a ton of acceleration right off the line with that big body and long legs, but once he gets up to speed he's probably a lot faster then we give him credit for.

Per the google he ran a 4.72 at his pro day. Certainly not fast, but not overly slow for a TE, either. Faster than me...

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he looked pretty fast on that 8 yard catch he turned into a 20 yard gain. He's got long legs, so he doesn't look like he's running fast (watch Megatron break away, he looks like he's running in slow-motion compared to the DBs, but he pulls away none-the-less), but he moved right through a sea of Giants defenders who were all trying hard to run him down.

I don't think he's going to have a ton of acceleration right off the line with that big body and long legs, but once he gets up to speed he's probably a lot faster then we give him credit for.

Per the google he ran a 4.72 at his pro day. Certainly not fast, but not overly slow for a TE, either. Faster than me...

He isn't going to outrun anybody, but obviously he can move well enough to get a few YAC.

I was down on Fauria. Going to do a little crab-walking. He's trying to learn to block, and moves well for a big man. I see an asset.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, probably.

You have to understand. Someone who maxed out at 120 lbs. in high school, and would kill for a body type like that, has absolutely no patience whatsoever for a big pussy.

But to be fair, if he had been taken in the 2nd round, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Fair points. Had he been a second rounder I think people would be excited for what he brings. Or could bring.(A slot receiver that isn't built like a scat back. And a tight end that is faster than DEnd.)

I didn't bother to watch the fourth pre-season game. Was that where he showcased his pussyness the most?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think of Ebron as our TB Bucs WR Vincent Jackson...... game, set, match. They're similar in physical stature and speed

This is a joke, right? Hard to tell if you are serious. If you are serious, I will respond afterward.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't going to outrun anybody, but obviously he can move well enough to get a few YAC.

I was down on Fauria. Going to do a little crab-walking. He's trying to learn to block, and moves well for a big man. I see an asset, y'all.

He certainly has the enthusiasm needed to be a good blocker- I remember him laying a couple of devastating ones in the open field last year.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points. Had he been a second rounder I think people would be excited for what he brings. Or could bring.(A slot receiver that isn't built like a scat back. And a tight end that is faster than DEnd.)

I didn't bother to watch the fourth pre-season game. Was that where he showcased his pussyness the most?

I didn't watch the 4th pre-season game either. It's his body-language on the field. No wonder he has drop issues. You can't focus on the football when you're thinking about getting hit.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a joke, right? Hard to tell if you are serious. If you are serious, I will respond afterward.

h275356AE

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he invented the internet and all, so yeah, I guess you could say it's pretty serious.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's undoubtedly a great athlete for a guy his size. Once he gets adjusted to NFL speed I think we'll see some of that big play potential before too long here...

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's undoubtedly a great athlete for a guy his size. Once he gets adjusted to NFL speed I think we'll see some of that big play potential before too long here...

It'll also help if he gets over his fear of high speed collisions.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im kinda feelin' the same way. The bonus is that the offense is crippled without him being at full form right away.

OL mentioned earlier how we are set and then some with receiving options(something to that effect). And I agree, as odd as that is for Lions fans. Broyles is a guy who I see being a nice contributor this season, he didn't even dress. Should be a good thing for the team to not have two RBs in the top 4 receiving options game in game out.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the 4th pre-season game either. It's his body-language on the field. No wonder he has drop issues. You can't focus on the football when you're thinking about getting hit.

Not sure if its a good thing that his drop issues can be put on one thing.

Little late in the game to work on not shying away from contact.

Im gonna look for this on Sunday.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone sees something different. I didnt see him shy away from contact. I saw a player that was probably thinking to much, not allowing himself to concentrate.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he invented the internet and all, so yeah, I guess you could say it's pretty serious.

It is hard to tell on here when someone is joking or if they are serious. Mentioning Vincent Jackson in the same sentence as Ebron is about the same as mentioning Jimmy Graham in the same sentence as Ebron.

I'd love to have a guy like Vincent Jackson on the Lions. He is like a poor man's Calvin Johnson. Same height as Calvin, but slower and doesn't have the same vertical, but he is still a freak (ran a 4.46 and had a 39 inch vertical at the combine).

Ebron is athletic for a TE, but he isn't when compared to the elite WR's.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly has the enthusiasm needed to be a good blocker- I remember him laying a couple of devastating ones in the open field last year.

I think Fauria is going to be a solid player for the Lions. He seems to be willing to put in the time and energy to become a better TE and has shown he has what it takes to be a tremendous red zone target and will only continue to get better i think.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fauria is a good 2nd te. I don't think he'll be more than that.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Eric Ebron compared to other rookies in our draft, or who could have been taken:

In 5 years, I think Darqueze Dennard could be a Pro Bowler. I don't see All-Pro, but he looks good so far at our position of greatest need.

In 5 years, I think Kyle Van Noy could be a Pro Bowler. As long as he stays healthy this pick looked like a good one in camp and preseason.

In 5 years, I think Eric Ebron could be 26 years old. Unless he somehow learns to catch we've wasted a pick. Jimmy Graham he ain't.