• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Eric Ebron.........

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the board feel will be a successful year in 2014 for Eric Ebron? And I'm not trying to start an argument -- I'm just wondering what people think his production will be.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drop rate lower than 10% and overcoming his fear of contact or the Lions trade him for whatever they can get.

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say 40 catches and at least 6 touchdowns. I just think he's nervous. Once he gets a few easy grabs he'll be fine.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Monday night, I don't see a ton of catches but I see some big plays coming and probably about 7 tds. Stafford is going to be spreading it around and finding those mismatches, which means some players may get left off the stat sheet some weeks.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do see huge numbers. I loved that Stafford seems to already trust Tate. That is huge going forwardas he should not force everything to CJ.

He does not have to have certain numbers for me to say success. Once he shows a little teams will suffer with options on the field.

I see huge numbers going forward from all over, with Lombardi attacking the hothand or mismatches. That was noticeable last night when CJ saw a few one on ones.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Monday night, I don't see a ton of catches but I see some big PLAYS coming and probably about 7 tds. Stafford is going to be spreading it around and finding those mismatches, which means some players may get left off the stat sheet some weeks.

You honestly believe he will have 7 tds? That is a lot in the NFL. There were only 7 TE's in the NFL with 7 or more TD's last year. Only one who wasn't one of the teams primary targets was Fauria. (Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham, Vernon Davis, Jason Witten, Julias Thomas, Charles Clay, Tony Gonzalez)

I think you may be asking for a bit much from him.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MikeD do I post my pickems here?

Yes please. Obviously I'm having issues posting on this board.:L

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has a lot of weapons to choose from and the play calling and his pre-snap reads will determine a lot of Ebron's proposed production, not to mention drop %. I think Ebron will be eased into the system to get him comfortable for the 1st 5-6 games. I would think Ebron's production will be more second half of the season than early on. A guess would be 32-35 receptions with 4-5 td's...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not very concerned with numbers. Like to see him look comfortable going over the middle, going in motion and blocking on screens for Reggie. All I need to see from him as a receiver is better hands than Durham. (That fugger being gone was a bigger relief than I can even describe with words.). Which may or may not be an easy task.

Didn't hate the pick at the time, don't hate it now, prolly won't hate it later. I love our group of Tight Ends.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs more confidence. Hopefully he will get it as the weeks go by. After week 6 the schedule gets brutal and we will need production from him to have a chance

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the pick or don't(I don't) it's already done. He didn't impress me at all but it was one game. I'd love for me to be completely wrong about the pick. I'll still hate in a few years when we see which defender we should've chosen. I know people are knocking Dix but that is still the pick for me.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a true super secret power guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe 7 tds is a bit much but I think he will get his share of targets in the red-zone and have some opportunities to catch and run. He got a few of those opportunities Monday where Staff tried to hit him in the endzone and then on another one on one where he beat the LB down the left side but the throw wasnt great. I doubt they drafted him not to use him.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they drafted him not to use him.

I agree with you. It isn't that I don't think they will use him. The reason I said 7 may be asking for a bit much is -- I'm still not sure where I see him fitting in.

In the red zone -- they already have Fauria and Calvin they love to throw the ball up to. With Tate showing how reliable his hands are -- He will get a ton of looks underneath on slants.

For whatever reason -- I cannot get it out of my head that his role will be to run a couple vertical routes each game. By using a top 10 pick on him -- I would love to see Detroit find other ways to get him the ball. Maybe on some TE screens they used to run for Pettigrew.

I was just curious to hear what those who liked the pick thought about what kind of production he'd have this year. I know we can't dwell on what is already done and for better or worse, he is a Detroit Lion and it doesn't matter how much I or anyone else disliked the pick. I REALLY hope he makes me eat my words. I would love nothing more than to come on here and eat crow over this pick.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking 30 grabs 330 yards 3-4 tds. I just like seeing 3 talented tight ends out there and Calvin Johnson...so much can be done out of that package. Run it right down their throats or throw to any of those guys. Its pretty nasty if you think about it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48 receptions, 756 yards, 4TDs.

Those are Calvin Johnson's rookie numbers.

He didn't crack the 80 reception plateau until 2011,...... his FIFTH season. And had 5 or less TDs in two of his first three seasons. Consensus Best receiver in the NFL, right?

Little perspective for those of you who are concerned with Ebrons #'s this year.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't crack the 80 reception plateau until 2011,...... his FIFTH season. And had 5 or less TDs in two of his first three seasons. Consensus Best receiver in the NFL, right?

Little perspective for those of you who are concerned with Ebrons #'s this year.

Ebron getting some Don Kelly love tonight.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The quality of the Lions team and quarterback play was slightly different in Calvin's first couple years. Brandon Pettigrew had over 70 receptions in his 2nd year and over 80 in his 3rd year with Stafford as the QB.

Calvin had a rag-tag group of QB's throwing him the ball and the team was atrocious. God bless him for sticking it out and signing a long term deal here.

I only asked about Ebron, as people were very optimistic about him stepping in as a rookie and making an impact. I just wondered what they felt would be a successful year for him. One poster I think it the nail on the head -- I think he will end up with a couple TD's and 3-400 yards for the year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron getting some Don Kelly love tonight.

Donnie Kelly Baby!!!! My buddy always send me a text every time Don Kelly gets a hit or makes a play. It just say, "DKB". I get a laugh out of it every time. He loves Don Kelly for whatever reason.