• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Eric Ebron.........

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than G (who rarely go top 10 and lions staff had no reason to think would suck as bad as they do) who was available at 10 that was a projected to be a top 15 pick, could the Lions have drafted that would be having more of an impact?

Beckham would not be seeing the production he is in NY. Donald might with rotation. Dix is not having the impact digs and quin do. Shazier maybe, MAYBE because of the Tulloch injury but likely Whitehead is probably still starting.

The guy with the best shot is Fuller and he'd still be 3rd behind Slay/Mathis.

I do not get involved in the draft redux ideas. Only irks you most of the time. I just deal with the Titus type screw ups. I am not a huge Mayhew. Not one GM hits on every pick, so why figure out who would of been better than Levy. Hindsight after developing shows three years ago I wasted my redux time.

I still wanted defense defense defense. I am guessing if I had my options I would say OL because of injuries. Maybe Tpauls favorite Donald with the uncertainty of Suh. I wanted DBs. Austin's scheme seems to show me otherwise.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Kreton, 100% agree about Odell. Same thing I say about Ebron would hold true for any WR or receiving option brought in. With CJ and Tate their targets and success from other teams would be cut in half here.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than G (who rarely go top 10 and lions staff had no reason to think would suck as bad as they do) who was available at 10 that was a projected to be a top 15 pick, could the Lions have drafted that would be having more of an impact?

Beckham would not be seeing the production he is in NY. Donald might with rotation. Dix is not having the impact digs and quin do. Shazier maybe, MAYBE because of the Tulloch injury but likely Whitehead is probably still starting.

The guy with the best shot is Fuller and he'd still be 3rd behind Slay/Mathis.

Zach Martin. He was a guard/tackle coming out, so he could have filled multiple holes so far this season.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Martin. He was a guard/tackle coming out, so he could have filled multiple holes so far this season.

Martin right now for sure, but at the time of the draft our offensive line looked good.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not get involved in the draft redux ideas. Only irks you most of the time. I just deal with the Titus type screw ups. I am not a huge Mayhew. Not one GM hits on every pick, so why figure out who would of been better than Levy. Hindsight after developing shows three years ago I wasted my redux time.

I still wanted defense defense defense. I am guessing if I had my options I would say OL because of injuries. Maybe Tpauls favorite Donald with the uncertainty of Suh. I wanted DBs. Austin's scheme seems to show me otherwise.

i didnt mean redo the draft, my point is that no matter who the Lions took this year, that player would not be having a huge impact this year. Ebron included. Lions had their starters prior to the draft. This draft was about building for the future and adding depth. I think it is pretty clear that Caldwell and Co. were not drafting players with the intention of them starting right out of the gate or becoming huge contributors this year.

It is ok for a player to come along slowly. Learn the offense, get up to NFL speed, ect. Teams that rely on huge rookie contributions are generally losing/bad teams or teams that suffer a big injury.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin right now for sure, but at the time of the draft our offensive line looked good.

This!! This is why I do not like the redux games. Hindsight always helps decisions. Time of the draft my DB wants looked good. Austin has shown otherwise.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt mean redo the draft, my point is that no matter who the Lions took this year, that player would not be having a huge impact this year. Ebron included. Lions had their starters prior to the draft. This draft was about building for the future and adding depth. I think it is pretty clear that Caldwell and Co. were not drafting players with the intention of them starting right out of the gate or becoming huge contributors this year.

It is ok for a player to come along slowly. Learn the offense, get up to NFL speed, ect. Teams that rely on huge rookie contributions are generally losing/bad teams or teams that suffer a big injury.

Kreton I get you now. i mentioned long time ago. I loved the fact picks seem like more depth than immediate impact players needed. Van Noy I feel would have diminished what may have been found in Whitehead. Glad he got hurt early. Although I was nervous as hell about it.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad the Lions drafted Ebron.

It has brought to light the only subject that Mike and I have ever agreed upon.

Last edited by a moderator: