• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Eric Ebron.........

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing that if people do not like posts about Ebron, maybe they should not read a thread related to that player.

I for one do not have issues with anyone posting negative or positive on anything Lions related. I may rebutt their opinion. They are surely entitled to post it.

My problem is not that he talks about it in this thread, but every fucking thread, usually multiple times. It's annoying. If his trolling ass doesn't want to be called out for being annoying then he shouldn't be annoying.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem is not that he talks about it in this thread, but every fucking thread, usually multiple times. It's annoying. If his trolling ass doesn't want to be called out for being annoying then he shouldn't be annoying.

Most certainly agree with your post Kreton about any and all threads. He does do that. Just kinda feel a Ebron thread would not be the place to get attacked for discussing his thoughts on Ebron in a "thoughts on Ebron" thread.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Ebron pick.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What you fail to mention is -- I rarely, if ever, bring up Ebron. I even put him in my post as a joke, when talking about who to blame for the Lions offensive woes, because everyone would expect him to be there.

Go look at any comment I've made over the last month or two that involves Ebron and you will notice, someone else makes a comment about Ebron first. I even bumped this thread to the top so others would have a thread to bitch about him again.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ebron has finally arrived. Did you guys see that great decoy work he did for Calvin in the Bears game?

Guys, guys!!!!! This isn't a NASCAR race.

Can't I make one snide remark without it turning into a cat fight?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on whose thin skin gets offended I guess.

Back to back comments saying same thing about Ebron. One was offensive and one was not apparently.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Back to back comments saying same thing about Ebron. One was offensive and one was not apparently.

Ebron is going to turn out to be a good pick. He is athletic, and seems to be driven. I like those qualities in players. He is learning and developing. Hell, our entire offense has largely been struggling to learn and execute Lombardi's system. It is no secret that TE's usually take time to become impact players on their team. If we are having this conversation 3 years from now, then I may agree with some of this. But to shit on a rookie who's not playing like Jimmy Graham is just dumb. He will be a multiple time pro bowler.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some say things without getting grief.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron is going to turn out to be a good pick. He is athletic, and seems to be driven. I like those qualities in players. He is learning and developing. Hell, our entire offense has largely been struggling to learn and execute Lombardi's system. It is no secret that TE's usually take time to become impact players on their team. If we are having this conversation 3 years from now, then I may agree with some of this. But to shit on a rookie who's not playing like Jimmy Graham is just dumb. He will be a multiple time pro bowler.

Half the time Mike says anything about Ebron, it's tongue in cheek. I think it's funny.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not expect Jimmy Graham from Ebron. With CJ and Tate being option 1 and 2 Easy E will never see the targets in most games that Jimmy does. (which is a big reason I hated the pick) He may be the hot hand here and there. Just don't see it with the others here.

As with any pick of the Lions I hope for success. He is very athletic. I mentioned that on the hurdle during the game Thursday. I noticed some good blocking against the Bears. Him being more than one dimensional gives Lombardi options on his sets.

Like at least letting Riddick get a few carries here and there. Obvious Thursday Riddick in was a passing play. Hell that is like tipping pitches.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not expect Jimmy Graham from Ebron. With CJ and Tate being option 1 and 2 Easy E will never see the targets in most games that Jimmy does. (which is a big reason I hated the pick) He may be the hot hand here and there. Just don't see it with the others here.

As with any pick of the Lions I hope for success. He is very athletic. I mentioned that on the hurdle during the game Thursday. I noticed some good blocking against the Bears. Him being more than one dimensional gives Lombardi options on his sets.

Like at least letting Riddick get a few carries here and there. Obvious Thursday Riddick in was a passing play. Hell that is like tipping pitches.

Other than G (who rarely go top 10 and lions staff had no reason to think would suck as bad as they do) who was available at 10 that was a projected to be a top 15 pick, could the Lions have drafted that would be having more of an impact?

Beckham would not be seeing the production he is in NY. Donald might with rotation. Dix is not having the impact digs and quin do. Shazier maybe, MAYBE because of the Tulloch injury but likely Whitehead is probably still starting.

The guy with the best shot is Fuller and he'd still be 3rd behind Slay/Mathis.