• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Eric Ebron.........

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron has been a complete bust so far.

The fact the Lions had Fauria makes the pick a head scratcher. Not to say he may not develop down the road but the bigger problem with Ebron is how the Lions have all but forgotten Pettigrew. The guy was a big part in the offense and yes he drops passes but SO DOES EBRON! Ebron had a history of dropping passes in college.

So far 16 receptions for Ebron. Pettigrew had 30 in his rookie year.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Lewan, Zach Martin, Odell Beckham....Kelvin Benjamin. Yeay another draft bust by our shitty GM.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron might have a history of dropping passes but he at least he caught 3 TD's in his last year. A touchdown machine.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Lewan stuff makes me SMH.

Dudes a bigger piece of shit than Ravioli.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He beats up one buckeye and covers up one r*pe. Cmon Smitty

He's in a good place in TN. A sex offender QB in Mettenberger and a shitbag LT that threatens r*pe victims.

Bad enough we have a sex offender on the coaching staff:L

Atleast nobody has ever mentioned bringing Frosty Rucker in.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's in a good place in TN. A sex offender QB in Mettenberger and a shitbag LT that threatens r*pe victims.

Bad enough we have a sex offender on the coaching staff:L

Atleast nobody has ever mentioned bringing Frosty Rucker in.
Woah Woah Woah! Leave TN out of this.........Mettenberger isn't from TN .....Let's keep this up North....

I'm no Titan fan by any means but TN has nothing to do with it.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All whining aside, I will wait two years to judge the pick fully. If the hands and route running can come along, he could be a winner. For the 2014 season a clear bust and an impact player would have made a playoff position a bit more secure.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I would rather have than Ebron right now:

Beckham
Lewan
Martin
Dennard
Benjamin

Thats without even looking.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ebron has finally arrived. Did you guys see that great decoy work he did for Calvin in the Bears game?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ebron has finally arrived. Did you guys see that great decoy work he did for Calvin in the Bears game?

When teams are forced to double Ebron -- it leaves Calvin and Tate in single coverage. It is the only reason why those two guys are any good this year. Without Ebron -- they are below average WR's.

The way Ebron stretches the field -- it makes it impossible to cover our WR's. Did you see against NE -- he almost caught a ball over 20 yards. Stafford made a bad throw and hit him in the hands or he would have.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anyone left on the board who doesn't think TrustMe is acting like a giant doucher when he keeps making these posts trashing Ebron?

I get that he didn't like the pick (we all get it, in fact, because he makes several posts about it seemingly daily and regardless of what the tread topic is), but most of us didn't like the pick. The difference is that most of us are rooting for him to prove us wrong and turn into a weapon for the offense. TrustMe, on the other hand, strikes me as being so entirely self-centered that he'll be thrilled if Ebron doesn't pan out, just to be able to say " I told you guys" and toot his own horn, never mind that pretty much everyone agreed that it was a bad pick.

But hey, we're having a good season, and that leaves guys like TrustMe with very little to bitch about, which is 95% of what he posts, so I guess it makes some sense that he's latched onto Ebron so tightly, so he can keep up his whining and crying even while we're (finally) having team success.

Just goes to show that there no cure for being "Lionized" once you've succumb to that mindset...

Last edited by a moderator:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just being a trolling douche TP. Just ignore his dumb comments and they go away. He's looking for posts like yours so he can keep trolling away.

maximum_trolling_gif.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When teams are forced to double Ebron -- it leaves Calvin and Tate in single coverage. It is the only reason why those two guys are any good this year. Without Ebron -- they are below average WR's.

The way Ebron stretches the field -- it makes it impossible to cover our WR's. Did you see against NE -- he almost caught a ball over 20 yards. Stafford made a bad throw and hit him in the hands or he would have.

I think you're getting under our esteemed presidents skin with all your Ebron love, keep it up!!!!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just being a trolling douche TP. Just ignore his dumb comments and they go away. He's looking for posts like yours so he can keep trolling away.

maximum_trolling_gif.gif

This is probably true, I just get tired of him having fun at me and Lionstop's expense when he pulls this shit.
Lionstop was talking (can't remember which thread, maybe this one?) about what Ebron brings to the offense and about the advantages of the opposing defense having to game-plan for him and figure out what coverages they're going to bring against what looks, etc, and, apparently, TrustMe found the notion that teams would have to gameplan for Ebron to be ridiculous, and immediately started making fun of him for posting that.

I understood exactly what Lionstop was saying, and tried to explain to TrustMe why opposing teams indeed would have to spend some time game planning for him, since he's a bigger threat than the other TEs we had on board, but he wanted none of that. He's more interested in being a cyber-bully and making fun of those who don't agree with everything he has to say.

Since then there's been a few of these posts a week, making fun of how great he seems to think we said Ebron was. The reality of the situation is that Lionstop exposed TrustMe's understanding of how a defense prepares for the offense they're facing that week- per TrustMe's comments on the subject, Megatron is the singular only guy on our offense that the other team game-plan's for, because, apparently, only the best handful of playmakers in the league are specifically accounted for during weekly preparations.

So long story short, yes, I need to just ignore him, but I also have very little patience for those who think it's fun to routinely make fun of other posters. I'm of the opinion that you get what you put in, so I'm just trying to give to TrustMe what he gives to others...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And remember, this is just my opinion. Something that I am entitled to.

I simply don't like the way TrustMe handles his business on here, that's it. This is not part of some great Facebook conspiracy where me and my IC crew are plotting against him, or anything outlandish like that.

This is me, having an e-beef with him. Very basic stuff. No grassy knoll, no hanging chads, just me not liking what I perceive as me and a friend of mine being made fun of.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that he didn't like the pick (we all get it, in fact, because he makes several posts about it seemingly daily and regardless of what the tread topic is), but most of us didn't like the pick.

Actually -- I just follow suit when someone else posts about him because I get a kick out of it.

Especially after listening to everyone after we drafted him, how it would be impossible for opposing defenses to cover him with a LB or Safety. Or how Detroit was basically drafting a 3rd WR, instead of a TE. Or how teams were going to single cover Calvin Johnson at times, because they are going to have to worry about Ebron's vertical routes. How he would play the Jimmy Graham role in Detroit New Orleans Style offense.

If you'd like me to go back and get all the quotes -- I can do that for you. I'm quite sure there are plenty from both you and lionstop.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually -- I just follow suit when someone else posts about him because I get a kick out of it.

Especially after listening to everyone after we drafted him, how it would be impossible for opposing defenses to cover him with a LB or Safety. Or how Detroit was basically drafting a 3rd WR, instead of a TE. Or how teams were going to single cover Calvin Johnson at times, because they are going to have to worry about Ebron's vertical routes. How he would play the Jimmy Graham role in Detroit New Orleans Style offense.

If you'd like me to go back and get all the quotes -- I can do that for you. I'm quite sure there are plenty from both you and lionstop.

How dare a fan base be excited and discuss the potential of the 1st round pick their team just took!? The nerve of us assholes, discussing a top ten pick as if he has any sort of ability at all! Guess we're all just not NFL gurus like you seem to think you are...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare a fan base be excited and discuss the potential of the 1st round pick their team just took!? The nerve of us assholes, discussing a top ten pick as if he has any sort of ability at all! Guess we're all just not NFL gurus like you seem to think you are...

There you go -- trying to speak for 'everyone', as if anyone wants you speaking for them (well, except Micro).

And for now on -- please refer to me as Mr. Football Guru. I think I've been right so many times, I've earned it.