• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Eric Ebron.........

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady 6th round a benchmark for QB. Sherman 5th current benchmark for CB. Now Jimmy was a 4th because I have read it that 73 times since draft here. He is also the best at his position. So can I repeatedly hamper on Stafford for not being a Brady?

You expect Ebron to be Jimmy after 5 fricking games.

I am not aloud to expect more from Stafford after 4 years? Esplain Lucy.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this again unless you want to read the last post one more time. Get past what round it was. I hated it also, the fricking Lions did it. Move forward...

The round is my biggest issue. If he was a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or whatever round pick -- We wouldn't even be having this conversation. Where he was picked and the position he plays is the reason why I hate the pick.

I think Ebron is talented. I think he will be a solid TE. I just think he would be much better playing on another team where he'd have more opportunities on the field. That is just my opinion, though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady 6th round a benchmark for QB. Sherman 5th current benchmark for CB. Now Jimmy was a 4th because I have read it that 73 times since draft here. He is also the best at his position. So can I repeatedly hamper on Stafford for not being a Brady?

You expect Ebron to be Jimmy after 5 fricking games.

I am not aloud to expect more from Stafford after 4 years? Esplain Lucy.

The difference in the players you listed -- they are more the exception, than the norm. If you look at the top TE's in the league -- Graham (4th round), Gronkowski (2nd round, i believe), Julian Thomas (4th round), Jordan Cameron (4th round), Jason Witten (3rd round), Dennis Pitta (4th round) -- the only guy in the top 10 drafted in the 1st is Vernon Davis. If you consider Greg Olsen a top 10 TE -- he was drafted 31st overall.

So yes -- I agree, you can find lightning in a bottle in the later rounds like Navorro Bowman on SF, Sherman on Seattle, Geno Atkins on Cincy, Brady on TB, etc.

If you look at the top players at those positions with them though -- a lot of them will be 1st round picks. That isn't the case on TE's.

And you have every right to rag on Stafford. I have no issues with it. I may give reasons why it isn't always his fault, but he is paid to make plays and needs to start making them. I could be more lenient with Stafford, as the QB position has been such a disaster in Detroit for so long -- I just hope he pans out and becomes the player we watched in 2011 and it wasn't a fluke.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More oppurtinities as in Targets?

I just think he'd see the ball much more elsewhere.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been readin' this for days/weeks. I thought y'all might be hun-gray & thir-stay

6-foot-sub-subway-675.jpg

breakfast, lunch, dinner on me.. Men.. have at it

th
montgomery_water_storage_tank_5.gif

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sue if anyone on the Lions brass was concerned about targets when they drafted him. Im sure they knew that if they drafted him, he would get his share, which could be more or less than whatever the average is. Can he help us win is question they asked when drafting him.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I get my mod powers, I'm deleting this motherfucker once and for all!

Hey guys; I just found this dead horse. Wanna help me beat the shit out of it?

We have heard every single persons take on the matter and then heard it again 15 more fucking times. Holy fucking shit!

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have heard every single persons take on the matter and then heard it again 15 more fucking times. Holy fucking shit!

Good thing the campaign fund is low. I like asking different questions just to keep getting same but ever so different response.

You are going to make my nights on the road boring. :bullshit:

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing the campaign fund is low. I like asking different questions just to keep getting same but ever so different response.

You are going to make my nights on the road boring. :bullshit:

I'm a to the point fella.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dammit lpin. I don't know how you keep missing me post this, tes take time to develop. Geeez

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly why no one is donating. It would take nine pages to ban us.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes lp this ebron debate is like a typical tpaul/trustme fight. Neverending beating of the horse. For me, Ill beat what I want when I feel like it.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes lp this ebron debate is like a typical tpaul/trustme fight. Neverending beating of the horse. For me, Ill beat what I want when I feel like it.

I'm sure you will

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LPinSLC said:
Sizing issues? Or was that for effect?

actually both. they'd been at it for quite some. 6' sammich, 99 beers, and a million gallons of h2o.

I don't discriminate. Big girls gotta get a li'l somethin' somethin' and I'm happy to oblige. :yahoo:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is this Ebron of which you speak? Does he play for the Lions?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is this Ebron of which you speak? Does he play for the Lions?

If you see him, let me know. Last I heard, outside of teams game planning to stop him, he was developing.