• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thompson and Cavs reach deal

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs To Re-Sign Tristan Thompson
September 24th at 5:11pm CST by Eddie Scarito
Power forward Tristan Thompson has agreed to re-sign with the Cavaliers, Chris Broussard of ESPN.com reports (Twitter link). It will be a three-year, $53MM deal, Broussard adds. The return of Thompson, who is a restricted free agent, will increase Cleveland’s roster count to 18 players.

The two sides apparently reached a compromise, with Cleveland having reportedly offered Thompson a five-year, $80MM deal previously, while the forward’s camp was reportedly holding out for a max deal worth $94MM over the same span, according to a report by Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com. The Cavs were operating under the threat that Thompson would sign the team’s one-year qualifying offer of $6.9MM in order to become an unrestricted free agent next year.

His agent, Rich Paul, recently claimed that if Thompson would not re-sign with the Cavs for the long-term in 2016 if he signed that qualifying offer. Paul also has reportedly heard from three NBA teams that are willing to offer his client a max salary next summer if he hits unrestricted free agency. The agent reportedly believed that he could land a max deal from the Raptors for Thompson, a Toronto native, but it’s unclear if they were one of the three teams.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overpaid, but the Cavs are all in before LeBron's eventual decline.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No deal was reached. Broussard lied AGAIN

I haven't looked at the details of the story or who is reporting what, but be careful with calling him a liar, because there are plenty of times when people deny stories, when in fact it was true.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't looked at the details of the story or who is reporting what, but be careful with calling him a liar, because there are plenty of times when people deny stories, when in fact it was true.

Broussard is notorious for being a liar

I don't know if Broussard intentionally lies or just jumps the gun trying to be first with a story. I just know that he's wrong A LOT.

Besides, if it's about the NBA, I don't buy it until Woj reports it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Broussard intentionally lies or just jumps the gun trying to be first with a story. I just know that he's wrong A LOT.

Besides, if it's about the NBA, I don't buy it until Woj reports it.

Or he need new sources because his sources are destroying his credibility

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People jumped the gun on this 1 I think, no deal signed yet for thompson with the Cavs.