• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is how to switch teams with class...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been saying this exact same thing to this clown for a week or more, he'll never get it.
Dude is dug in.

He is taking this way to personally.

Clippers just lost one of the best pg's on the planet.

I didn't wish a Aneurysm on him for 2 very important reasons.

1. He did everything he could to help us win. But, the other players and Coaches didn't hold up their end of the bargain.

2. It's not that serious and Paul doesn't owe me shit.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.......if I'm understanding this correctly. Doesn't matter why someone left, so long as they were torn to leave?

So if a girl left you for another guy, but if she was torn on it, then it's cool. But if she knew she didn't want to be with you straight up and let you know, then she sucks? Got it.
Ive got siblings I haven't spoken to much in two years and try to keep it that way as much as possible and I'm not the least bit torn by not having to talk to them - So what does that make me?:lol:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is dug in.

He is taking this way to personally.

Clippers just lost one of the best pg's on the planet.

I didn't wish a Aneurysm on him for 2 very important reasons.

1. He did everything he could to help us win. But, the other players and Coaches didn't hold up their end of the bargain.

2. It's not that serious and Paul doesn't owe me shit.

To be fair, paul gave the Clips 6 or 7 years? And really didnt skip town until he realized that he had maxed out in LA, and that the arrow was pointing down on that team

Hayward left Utah as soon as he possibly could, sending the Jazz back into the shitter for God knows how long....I think any fan worth their weight, should tell him to shove his thank you letter up his ass

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, paul gave the Clips 6 or 7 years? And really didnt skip town until he realized that he had maxed out in LA, and that the arrow was pointing down on that team

Hayward left Utah as soon as he possibly could, sending the Jazz back into the shitter for God knows how long....I think any fan worth their weight, should tell him to shove his thank you letter up his ass

I completely understand that perspective.

But, at the same time, we are talking about Utah. The fact he considered resigning says a lot about Hayward. I realize Jazz fans are great, but it isn't a market that is going to be attractive to many players. Also, as good as the team is, they have zero chance of beating the Warriors in a playoff series over the next 4 years, with or without Heyward.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.......if I'm understanding this correctly. Doesn't matter why someone left, so long as they were torn to leave?

So if a girl left you for another guy, but if she was torn on it, then it's cool. But if she knew she didn't want to be with you straight up and let you know, then she sucks? Got it.

You're under the assumption Todd ever had a girl...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least it's a good way to go out, imo.

:markmay:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what, not this?

LeBron-decision1.jpg

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been saying this exact same thing to this clown for a week or more, he'll never get it.
Hayward, long rumored to be interested in the Celtics, eventually leaves through free agency for said team. Jazz get nothing after pulling out all the stops for him.

PG-13, long rumored to be interested in leaving the Pacers, tells the Pacers that he is in fact going to leave the team. Pacers then are able to trade him to get a return for him.

Which way was classier?

And I've said the same thing over and over again - George was under contract, Hayward was not.

"Getting return value" is so overstated it's not even funny. Why do you think the Nuggets have been hindered in mediocrity since the Carmelo trade??? It's quite simple. They haven't been good enough to be a contender of any significance, nor have they been bad enough to get a top-tier draft pick. It's great they finally landed a player of Millsap's caliber and have stocked up on young talent, but they're still going to be hard-pressed to compete for a title in a stacked conference.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I've said the same thing over and over again - George was under contract, Hayward was not.

"Getting return value" is so overstated it's not even funny. Why do you think the Nuggets have been hindered in mediocrity since the Carmelo trade??? It's quite simple. They haven't been good enough to be a contender of any significance, nor have they been bad enough to get a top-tier draft pick. It's great they finally landed a player of Millsap's caliber and have stocked up on young talent, but they're still going to be hard-pressed to compete for a title in a stacked conference.

Wait, I'm a bit confused. If your contention is that PG13 should have simply walked in the off-season to allow a full rebuild because at that point your team will suck and you'll be looking for a high draft pick then it's on your organization, NOT George on the trade. George let the team know that he was going to leave the following off-season. It was managements decision to then trade George. They could have simply kept him on the team and gone your route, but they opted not to. That's not George's decision. He simply gave his two weeks notice and it was on the organization to figure out what direction they wanted to go.

Ultimately it feels like you're just looking for a way to blame him. George did the stand up thing and let the organization know that he's going to be out next year. Management then has all the information available to them to contingency plan. 1) They could let George walk, tank, then hope for high draft picks. 2) They could let George walk, use his cap space to try to sign other free agents next year, of which they already know who's already going to be on the market and figure out a plan. 3) Trade George for assets.

In Utah's case, they are in bigger limbo because they're not even afforded the chance at 2 or 3. They're also too good of a team to simply tank for a higher draft pick. It's the worst of every world for them, yet Hayward was classier to the organization?

I don't get it.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Turner wanted him gone just so he could have more shots...that says a helluva lot more about Turner than George and what it says about Turner isn't good.

Here's a little hint for you that will make being a sports fan easier.

Players leave. They leave as FA's. They get traded. They retire. It's what happens in sports. For every Kobe, Timmy or Dirk who plays for one team their entire careers. There are 10 players who will leave for money and/or a better chance to win. It's especially going to happen with "small market" teams.

The sooner you figure that out and quit having emotional breakdowns every time it happens, the happier you'll be.

These players don't owe the teams they play for anything. The teams will get rid of them as soon as they outlive their usefulness, decide they want to go in a different direction, think they can get a better player, or the player simply gets old or injured.

To expect a player to show any more loyalty to the team than the team shows him is pretty hypocritical.

Most of this post is beside the point. George was UNDER CONTRACT by the Pacers. It's not hypocritical because an organization's best interest is more important than an individual's best interest, and lord only knows where you came from if you think otherwise. There's a reason that the Kobes, Dirks, and Duncans of the world are held in higher regard than the Carmelos and Dwights of the world.

And I also see you conveniently left out my argument that George only averaged five FT attempts per game last season and blames the uniform on the front of his jersey for not getting calls. He basically thinks that by jumping into Kobe's magic shadow that he won't have to work as hard for his points, and that by being a "breathing superstar" in a Lakers jersey will automatically get him more calls.

Not going to work for him. If anything, he'll only get the same amount of calls playing off the ball more alongside Westbrook.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't the classy way be to just leave and pen some bullshit explanation as to why?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I'm a bit confused. If your contention is that PG13 should have simply walked in the off-season to allow a full rebuild because at that point your team will suck and you'll be looking for a high draft pick then it's on your organization, NOT George on the trade. George let the team know that he was going to leave the following off-season. It was managements decision to then trade George. They could have simply kept him on the team and gone your route, but they opted not to. That's not George's decision. He simply gave his two weeks notice and it was on the organization to figure out what direction they wanted to go.

Ultimately it feels like you're just looking for a way to blame him. George did the stand up thing and let the organization know that he's going to be out next year. Management then has all the information available to them to contingency plan. 1) They could let George walk, tank, then hope for high draft picks. 2) They could let George walk, use his cap space to try to sign other free agents next year, of which they already know who's already going to be on the market and figure out a plan. 3) Trade George for assets.

In Utah's case, they are in bigger limbo because they're not even afforded the chance at 2 or 3. They're also too good of a team to simply tank for a higher draft pick. It's the worst of every world for them, yet Hayward was classier to the organization?

I don't get it.

Yes. If George had the audacity to see the season play itself out, the Pacers probably would have been in better position to rebuild if he would happen to leave.

I fail to see how Utah is in limbo. They still have a DPOY candidate in Gobert, they stole Mitchell from the Nuggs on draft night, and the trade for Rubio signals that they plan to pick up the pace on offense. If anything, Hayward leaving was a blessing for them in that it allows them to continue to develop young talent and by saving money as well.

None of their four playoffs games with GS were even close, which is a sign they weren't anywhere near title contention.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denver and Indiana could be interchangeable......you realize that, right?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. If George had the audacity to see the season play itself out, the Pacers probably would have been in better position to rebuild if he would happen to leave.

I fail to see how Utah is in limbo. They still have a DPOY candidate in Gobert, they stole Mitchell from the Nuggs on draft night, and the trade for Rubio signals that they plan to pick up the pace on offense. If anything, Hayward leaving was a blessing for them in that it allows them to continue to develop young talent and by saving money as well.

None of their four playoffs games with GS were even close, which is a sign they weren't anywhere near title contention.

I'm failing to see how. If you could elaborate on how you think the Pacers would have been in a better position, that would be appreciated.

Other than that the limbo part with Utah is just a matter of perception, so I won't try to change your mind on that. But the Rubio and Mitchell parts had nothing to do with Hayward. They would have still had both and could have had Hayward too if he elected to resign.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm failing to see how. If you could elaborate on how you think the Pacers would have been in a better position, that would be appreciated.

Other than that the limbo part with Utah is just a matter of perception, so I won't try to change your mind on that. But the Rubio and Mitchell parts had nothing to do with Hayward. They would have still had both and could have had Hayward too if he elected to resign.

Well for one, we wouldn't have had to swallow any bad contracts for him in a trade. (Even though I would still take Dipo's contract over that of Deng or Clarkson) The Pacers were able to land some solid players in FA after the trade (such as Collison, Joseph, and Bogdanovic). It makes me wonder what we could have landed if George was still aboard. Had George left in 2018, we could have used any other remaining assets to either shop off for young talent an/or picks, or continue to build off those assets in a weak conference.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for one, we wouldn't have had to swallow any bad contracts for him in a trade. (Even though I would still take Dipo's contract over that of Deng or Clarkson) The Pacers were able to land some solid players in FA after the trade (such as Collison, Joseph, and Bogdanovic). It makes me wonder what we could have landed if George was still aboard. Had George left in 2018, we could have used any other remaining assets to either shop off for young talent an/or picks, or continue to build off those assets in a weak conference.

Then the trade return you got for George was on your management.

The Pacers could have shipped him to Boston and at the very minimum acquired at least 1 or 2 firsts (not the Brooklyn Pick), probably a player like Bradley who's on a solid contract and expirings. Boston could have made this work with a third team too, if the Pacers were interested in only picks and expirings too. Pacers would have been in a much better position with respects to your personal way to rebuild. George afforded them the chance to do this, but the Pacers did not want to go through with the trade. So really George didn't do anything, it was your management's fault. If anything blame them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They didn't have to swallow any bad contracts. They could have held him and let him walk. They chose to swallow a possibly bad contract.

Remember. George didn't leave. He didn't demand to be traded. The Pacers chose to trade him because they knew he would walk next summer.

Everything you mentioned in your post was a possibility for the Pacers even after it was widely known he was leaving. The Pacers chose a relatively weak return package. That isn't George's fault in any way.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the trade return you got for George was on your management.

The Pacers could have shipped him to Boston and at the very minimum acquired at least 1 or 2 firsts (not the Brooklyn Pick), probably a player like Bradley who's on a solid contract and expirings. Boston could have made this work with a third team too, if the Pacers were interested in only picks and expirings too. Pacers would have been in a much better position with respects to your personal way to rebuild. George afforded them the chance to do this, but the Pacers did not want to go through with the trade. So really George didn't do anything, it was your management's fault. If anything blame them.

LOL.

This came up while I was posting mine. Great minds think alike?