• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is how to switch teams with class...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way he left was not perfect. He could have given the Jazz time to go for other players. They couldn't make free agents wait and when his decision was leaked he then refuted it so they had to wait longer. The classy response by the Jazz organization was to take out a full page thank you ad in the major newspapers in Utah. Heyward still has not called anyone on the Jazz. I know that's the agents job, but it would've been nice and classy. I think the Jazz heard when it was leaked, but then it was refuted.
He postponed his decision that was already known for 6 hours so he could finish his blog. The classy move would have been to confirm it after it got leaked and let the Jazz use that time to try and move on. Bending your former team over for all those extra hours so you can write a vanity piece is not classy at all.

On top of that, there is a large contingent that does not believe he was torn at all. Most people that have played with him think he has been set on the Celtics for years now. Which makes him dragging it out even worse. The only thing Hayward did different than Lebron was the medium of his announcement, and at least Lebron managed to raise money for charity with his.

This was the biggest decision of his life. You think maybe he wanted to spend his holiday weighing the pros and cons of all his options?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. Seems like he enjoyed every minute of his seven years in Utah and was torn to leave.

Doesn't it seem a bit self-important? If a girlfriend breaks up with me, I don't think I'd want to read a long essay on why she's doing it -- although it might make her feel better about herself.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, wanting to improve the team chemistry and complaining about the refs (which all players do) makes him a malcontent?

If that's how Pacers fans feel. No wonder he wanted out.

As to the bold, I guess reading and comprehension aren't really your thing. I said that the offer was the #27 and #28 picks and Randle or Clarkson.

I then said, that I'd bet if the Pacers were a little more patient, they could have gotten both picks plus Randle and Clarkson. It's literally right there in the post you quoted and you still got it wrong.

George averaged five free throw attempts per game last season. For a guy widely considered to be a superstar player, do you realize how soft and lazy that is??? And he blames the uniform he was wearing, but that same uniform sure didn't prevent Jeff Teague from drawing contract and getting to the line.

Also, judging by the attitude of Myles Turner this summer, it sounded as if he WANTED George gone so he could get more shots. If one of your marquee players wants a teammate gone, what does that tell about George's clubhouse presence in the last year?

George's Thunder press conference is today and it should be a dandy. He ought be peppered with questions about his LA desires, as well he should be.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a horseshit thread

So, praising Gordon Hayward is a horseshit move???

Amazing that a thread I posted about Hayward instantly becomes a thread about George, even though I never mentioned his name in the OP like I said I wouldn't.

The funny thing is - If I were to praise Millsap for his FA handling, it's because he went to my team. If I praise Hayward's handling, it's because he didn't leave my team. If I bash LeBron and/or Durant's free agent handling, it's because he didn't come to my team.

Some of you guys need to make up your fucking mind about what standard to abide by. You can't have them all.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George averaged five free throw attempts per game last season. For a guy widely considered to be a superstar player, do you realize how soft and lazy that is??? And he blames the uniform he was wearing, but that same uniform sure didn't prevent Jeff Teague from drawing contract and getting to the line.

Also, judging by the attitude of Myles Turner this summer, it sounded as if he WANTED George gone so he could get more shots. If one of your marquee players wants a teammate gone, what does that tell about George's clubhouse presence in the last year?

George's Thunder press conference is today and it should be a dandy. He ought be peppered with questions about his LA desires, as well he should be.

If Turner wanted him gone just so he could have more shots...that says a helluva lot more about Turner than George and what it says about Turner isn't good.

Here's a little hint for you that will make being a sports fan easier.

Players leave. They leave as FA's. They get traded. They retire. It's what happens in sports. For every Kobe, Timmy or Dirk who plays for one team their entire careers. There are 10 players who will leave for money and/or a better chance to win. It's especially going to happen with "small market" teams.

The sooner you figure that out and quit having emotional breakdowns every time it happens, the happier you'll be.

These players don't owe the teams they play for anything. The teams will get rid of them as soon as they outlive their usefulness, decide they want to go in a different direction, think they can get a better player, or the player simply gets old or injured.

To expect a player to show any more loyalty to the team than the team shows him is pretty hypocritical.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the picks being offered from Boston were late first rounders. If that's the best they could do, wouldn't it make more sense to send him west? Keep in mind Oladipo is still just 25 and went to college here. He might not make any all-NBA teams any time soon but there is still plenty of untapped upside, which is why OKC traded Ibaka for him in the first place.

OKC traded Ibaka because of his asking price at the time (he was in the final year of his contract). They didn't trade for Oladipo's untapped potential.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. Seems like he enjoyed every minute of his seven years in Utah and was torn to leave.

So.......if I'm understanding this correctly. Doesn't matter why someone left, so long as they were torn to leave?

So if a girl left you for another guy, but if she was torn on it, then it's cool. But if she knew she didn't want to be with you straight up and let you know, then she sucks? Got it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah, THIS is how you switch teams with class...
The-Decision1-468x327.jpg

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward, long rumored to be interested in the Celtics, eventually leaves through free agency for said team. Jazz get nothing after pulling out all the stops for him.

PG-13, long rumored to be interested in leaving the Pacers, tells the Pacers that he is in fact going to leave the team. Pacers then are able to trade him to get a return for him.

Which way was classier?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amazing that a thread I posted about Hayward instantly becomes a thread about George, even though I never mentioned his name in the OP like I said I wouldn't.

The funny thing is - If I were to praise Millsap for his FA handling, it's because he went to my team. If I praise Hayward's handling, it's because he didn't leave my team. If I bash LeBron and/or Durant's free agent handling, it's because he didn't come to my team.

Some of you guys need to make up your fucking mind about what standard to abide by. You can't have them all.

Millsap was not pursued by his former team. His leaving was not really his choice.

I am not saying the choice for Hayward would be easy, I am saying that delaying the announcement for 6 hours so you can finish you vanity article is not classy, it is a bitch move.

He handled the whole process like a pussy, and still has not had the spine to talk to anyone on the Jazz as he hides away.

That being said the real lack of class goes to the Jazz and Heat fans that insulted his kid on instagram because he did not choose their team.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real Fans of the Jazz should tell him to go fuck himself

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward, long rumored to be interested in the Celtics, eventually leaves through free agency for said team. Jazz get nothing after pulling out all the stops for him.

PG-13, long rumored to be interested in leaving the Pacers, tells the Pacers that he is in fact going to leave the team. Pacers then are able to trade him to get a return for him.

Which way was classier?

You forgot to factor in the obvious homerism factor.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real "class" is when a scumbag fan hopes a player breaks a leg.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misleading.
I thought I could somehow get out from being a Knicks fan.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you don't understand good business - It's not required for the players to quit with class or whatever. We are not talking about white caller workers in business suits. We are talking about rednecks getting big $$$$ to play a game. The players don't care if you the fan likes or doesn't like it. They are going to do what they want when they want to, and how they want to and where they want to. That's what the owners do, and that's what they do. It's business

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which way was classier?

We've been saying this exact same thing to this clown for a week or more, he'll never get it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you don't understand good business - It's not required for the players to quit with class or whatever. We are not talking about white caller workers in business suits. We are talking about rednecks getting big $$$$ to play a game. The players don't care if you the fan likes or doesn't like it. They are going to do what they want when they want to, and how they want to and where they want to. That's what the owners do, and that's what they do. It's business

Nobody has made an argument stating players have to leave with class. We are just contesting the claim that he did it with class. You are arguing a completely different point than this thread is making.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has made an argument stating players have to leave with class. We are just contesting the claim that he did it with class. You are arguing a completely different point than this thread is making.
Personally I don't see anything wrong with how any of the players left their respective teams. Nothing that was classless has been done in my opinion, so Yes Paul George did it with class. He let the team know what he wanted and they took care of it. Paul George then stated that what was put in the news was over-stated and he is committed to his team for the next year. My guess is that if Oklahoma has a really good year and can convince Paul George they will get one more really good player - that he will stay. As much as the Lakers would like to bounce into the hunt next year - I think they are two years away. To me saying - This is how a player leaves with class is a way of calling out the other players and I disagree with that concept - it's sour grapes for Indiana because George wanted out. Same thing for Chris Paul - Sour grapes to Clippers fans.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3