• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is how to switch teams with class...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm annoyed I have to start working in Indiana.

God only knows how excited I'll be to leave.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, he complained all season long about "dark clouds", lack of chemistry, and the fact that the Pacers don't get call in spite of the fact that he settles for jumper after jumper and the fact that Jeff freakin' Teague averaged more free throw attempts per game than he did. Anyone who follows the Pacers knows that he was a malcontent all year long.

And for the record, the Lakers offer was Clarkson or Randle, not both.

So, wanting to improve the team chemistry and complaining about the refs (which all players do) makes him a malcontent?

If that's how Pacers fans feel. No wonder he wanted out.

As to the bold, I guess reading and comprehension aren't really your thing. I said that the offer was the #27 and #28 picks and Randle or Clarkson.

I then said, that I'd bet if the Pacers were a little more patient, they could have gotten both picks plus Randle and Clarkson. It's literally right there in the post you quoted and you still got it wrong.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CLASSY WAY TO LEAVE A TEAM. If you're a fan of sports then remember its a business. The players are playing for money and nothing more. The teams employ the players to make money. Contracts is the nature of the business. Players come and go. Teams sign and sometimes trade. its the business of entertainment. If you need some one to love you then call your mommy up and cry or go get a call girl or whatever PG didnt owe shit to Indiana and neither did Kevin Durant or LeBron. If InDiana had the opportunity to get the two top round draft picks for PG they would have sold him out any way. There is no loyalty. Its a business so deal with it and get over it already. No cares about Indiana except Indiana fans any way

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, he complained all season long about "dark clouds", lack of chemistry, and the fact that the Pacers don't get call in spite of the fact that he settles for jumper after jumper and the fact that Jeff freakin' Teague averaged more free throw attempts per game than he did. Anyone who follows the Pacers knows that he was a malcontent all year long.

And for the record, the Lakers offer was Clarkson or Randle, not both.
Still was a befree offer than what they got

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if I was a Jazz fan, I wouldn't have minded. I know it's a battle of he said/she said, but it's the truth. Last season's sweep vs. GS proved that they were nowhere near title contention. Might as well continue to develop young talent (like Donovon Mitchell) and save money.

Jazz fans have a right to be more pissed than Pacers do. The Jazz are actually showing they were a step in the right direction and improving the team year after year. They have a competent front office and a great coach in Snyder. Hayward, for probably a litany of reasons (playing for his college coach, better chance at Finals, better chance at consistently making all star appearances) left to Boston despite the improvement the team was making.

The Pacers had a close to Finals team just to get stopped by Lebron and the Heat (at the time) and saw its collective parts leave and they've been thrust into NBA mediocrity.

As far as the Jazz getting swept by GS, so did just about every team. Cleveland got a pity win in what was a blow out series. Hayward went to a team that was beat down by Cleveland by an average 25 point margin in the ECF.

It's classy because he didn't leave your team, and everyone's aware of it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

That being said, there's more opportunity in the east. Lance Stephenson gave the Pacers a jolt at the end and gave the Cavs what proved to be their toughest battle in the east playoffs. While rebuilding in a weak conference isn't the worst thing, one still has to ask "what if" George stayed and played out the season while the Pacers worked to add pieces with their 2017 cap space.

Pacers got swept. Celtics won a game, without its best player.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well clearly you know nothing about me or my morals. That's fine.

Hayward was under contract and played through his contract like a man without any complaints. And he didn't force his team to be saddled with Oladipo's contact. No offense to Oladipo who is a solid player for any team, but there's a good chance your team is headed for mediocrity if he's your number one or two option.

Can you point out the link where George wasn't going to play out his contract? Did George say he was going to sit the season if he was traded?

I could've sworn that he simply let the Pacers know a year in advance that he wasn't going to be staying in Indiana, so plan accordingly.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's how you do it......it gets leaked early and then his agent says he hasn't made a decision.....and he announces 4-5 hours later.....:pound:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon Hayward...

Thank You, Utah | The Players' Tribune
Any soon-to-be free agents need to take note. Boston is not yet a threat to the Cavs in my eyes (need another big man), but I still give Hayward props for his transition process to this point.

And what state was he born and raised in?:scratch:

I think he'll receive a warm ovation whenever he plays his next game in Utah. Or at least he should...

I also wanted to use this thread as an attempt to shoot down the growing myth on this board that I, HurricaneDij, don't support NBA free agency and to prove such a myth false. Given my trials and tribulations I've faced the last 10-12 years of my life, I only expect grown men to respect their surroundings, as Hayward did. Is that really too much to ask? I don't think so.

He postponed his decision that was already known for 6 hours so he could finish his blog. The classy move would have been to confirm it after it got leaked and let the Jazz use that time to try and move on. Bending your former team over for all those extra hours so you can write a vanity piece is not classy at all.

On top of that, there is a large contingent that does not believe he was torn at all. Most people that have played with him think he has been set on the Celtics for years now. Which makes him dragging it out even worse. The only thing Hayward did different than Lebron was the medium of his announcement, and at least Lebron managed to raise money for charity with his.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still better than what they got from OKC. You're not doing great at proving your point at all.

Well you're a moron if you think that. You think maybe, just maybe, the stats of Oladipo and Sabonis may have been deflated by the fact that they played for a better team?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you're a moron if you think that. You think maybe, just maybe, the stats of Oladipo and Sabonis may have been deflated by the fact that they played for a better team?

Oladipo was mediocre in Orlando and OKC. All of a sudden you think he's going to be an elite player? And Sabonis just finished his first year. He could be simply a role player or blossom late. The point is that Indy's management could've gotten more, but chose not to. You're a moron for not grasping that concept.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't understand this tbh. What you're looking for is production from players at the highest level to gauge their true value and not the other way around. You're not looking for guys who put up huge numbers on bad teams. If you're saying that Oladipo and Sabonis value should be higher because they could put up much better numbers on a bad team is backwards logic.

Monta Ellis put up monster numbers for the Warriors in his prime. When he got traded and played for better teams, with better options, his true value was shown to be less than it was. With Sabonis' case, since he was a rookie last year you never know his real ceiling. However, Oladipo had immense freedom in his first 3 years in Orlando with a terrible team and didn't put up monster numbers. He played with a better team last year and had a very minor dip.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oladipo was mediocre in Orlando and OKC. All of a sudden you think he's going to be an elite player? And Sabonis just finished his first year. He could be simply a role player or blossom late. The point is that Indy's management could've gotten more, but chose not to. You're a moron for not grasping that concept.

Yeah, you beat me to this, but I agree I don't understand the logic.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand this tbh. What you're looking for is production from players at the highest level to gauge their true value and not the other way around. You're not looking for guys who put up huge numbers on bad teams. If you're saying that Oladipo and Sabonis value should be higher because they could put up much better numbers on a bad team is backwards logic.

Monta Ellis put up monster numbers for the Warriors in his prime. When he got traded and played for better teams, with better options, his true value was shown to be less than it was. With Sabonis' case, since he was a rookie last year you never know his real ceiling. However, Oladipo had immense freedom in his first 3 years in Orlando with a terrible team and didn't put up monster numbers. He played with a better team last year and had a very minor dip.

I'm just not a believer in Clarkson, though. He hasn't fully cracked that starting lineup and the one time he did was the year they won 17. There's a reason the Lakers keep looking to sign guards, like most recently Kentavious Caldwell-Pope.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one said Oladipo was elite, just better than any of the other guards being offered. Would have been nice to get a pick, but I still have faith in my management that they made the best deal. Boston, Cleveland, and LA may generate more hype, but OKC does a better job drafting and developing talent and we happened to take their deal.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said Oladipo was elite, just better than any of the other guards being offered. Would have been nice to get a pick, but I still have faith in my management that they made the best deal. Boston, Cleveland, and LA may generate more hype, but OKC does a better job drafting and developing talent and we happened to take their deal.

That makes no sense.

OKC didn't draft Oladipo. They had him for 1 year and traded him (albeit to get George who's a far better player). As far as OKC drafting better than anyone, who have they hit on exactly sans Ibaka who wasn't in the lottery?

If you have high faith in your management, then you should've taken the picks which could net you a couple of players that you can mold and develop yourself rather than have other organizations do it for you.

Also, this is the same organization that shipped out players from your title contention team and fired Vogel only to replace him with McMillan. Not exactly the greatest moves.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone actually read Gordon Hayward's article? It seemed like it would be a waste of time to me.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone actually read Gordon Hayward's article? It seemed like it would be a waste of time to me.

I did. Seems like he enjoyed every minute of his seven years in Utah and was torn to leave.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense.

OKC didn't draft Oladipo. They had him for 1 year and traded him (albeit to get George who's a far better player). As far as OKC drafting better than anyone, who have they hit on exactly sans Ibaka who wasn't in the lottery?

If you have high faith in your management, then you should've taken the picks which could net you a couple of players that you can mold and develop yourself rather than have other organizations do it for you.

Also, this is the same organization that shipped out players from your title contention team and fired Vogel only to replace him with McMillan. Not exactly the greatest moves.

Well, the picks being offered from Boston were late first rounders. If that's the best they could do, wouldn't it make more sense to send him west? Keep in mind Oladipo is still just 25 and went to college here. He might not make any all-NBA teams any time soon but there is still plenty of untapped upside, which is why OKC traded Ibaka for him in the first place.