• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is how to switch teams with class...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's plenty of NFL players that switch teams. It's just not the QB's. Learning the new play book, getting in sync with the receivers, getting the blocking schemes down for your tendencies, the fact that if you're a superstar QB then the team you're on has basically built its offense around you, ... If you have a good thing going as a QB the dumbest thing in the world to do would be bailing for another city.

Can you please copy this post and send it to the Redskins front office?

Because in reality, the dumbest thing is when the FO plays hardball in contract negotiations with that franchise QB.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? At what point did PG say he wouldn't fulfill his contract? At what point did he say he would hold out until he was traded? He did neither of those things. He simply told the Pacers that he would not re-sign after the season. At no point did he refuse to fulfill his contract.

No, he didn't hold out or anything like that. But, he made his intentions clear he didn't want to play for this team any longer. He left the Pacers in limbo with one year left on his contract, plain and simple, and had he been brought back for the 2017-18 season it would have been a public relations disaster for the organization and for the fans attending games given his agent's announcement. We were forced to take the best collection of scraps we could get at that point.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the trade return you got for George was on your management.

The Pacers could have shipped him to Boston and at the very minimum acquired at least 1 or 2 firsts (not the Brooklyn Pick), probably a player like Bradley who's on a solid contract and expirings. Boston could have made this work with a third team too, if the Pacers were interested in only picks and expirings too. Pacers would have been in a much better position with respects to your personal way to rebuild. George afforded them the chance to do this, but the Pacers did not want to go through with the trade. So really George didn't do anything, it was your management's fault. If anything blame them.

Any Boston offer would have been useless without the Brooklyn or Philly picks.

Crowder/Bradley in their primes would have done nothing for the Pacers and would have bolted in FA just like George would have. After the Pacers chose not to move him last February, I would have hung onto him and let him hit FA, because there proved to be limited assets available for him with one year left. He's the one that forced our hand by making that coup through his agent, because as I said in the above post, it would have been a public relations disaster to bring him back on the team after that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop bringing back your old threads you stupid fat fuck.

Nobody gives a shit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he didn't hold out or anything like that. But, he made his intentions clear he didn't want to play for this team any longer. He left the Pacers in limbo with one year left on his contract, plain and simple, and had he been brought back for the 2017-18 season it would have been a public relations disaster for the organization and for the fans attending games given his agent's announcement. We were forced to take the best collection of scraps we could get at that point.

I agree that, because his intentions were leaked, it would have been tough for the Pacers to bring him back. However, from everything I've read, it wasn't PG or his agent who leaked it. So, that's not on PG.

He tried to give the Pacers enough notice so that they could explore options and prepare. That's more than fair.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key word - Your point. As long as he want to come to your team, you seem to be obligated to defend him at every twist and turn.

I don't care if he comes to the Lakers or not. Obviously, I'd love to have him. However, my opinion on this would be no different if I didn't like him or if he didn't say he wants to be a Laker. I appreciate guys who intend to leave the team they are playing for, letting them know as soon as possible so that they can prepare.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key word - Your point. As long as he want to come to your team, you seem to be obligated to defend him at every twist and turn.
does the hypocrisy surprise you from someone that deletes their old post that were terribly hideously, HILARIOUSLY wrong?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does the hypocrisy surprise you from someone that deletes their old post that were terribly hideously, HILARIOUSLY wrong?

gotta give this clown cred for putting some effort into his trolling today...

least he finally got some humility beaten into him about LeClown and the Cavs, though...:heh:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Boston offer would have been useless without the Brooklyn or Philly picks.

Crowder/Bradley in their primes would have done nothing for the Pacers and would have bolted in FA just like George would have. After the Pacers chose not to move him last February, I would have hung onto him and let him hit FA, because there proved to be limited assets available for him with one year left. He's the one that forced our hand by making that coup through his agent, because as I said in the above post, it would have been a public relations disaster to bring him back on the team after that.

Serious question: Do you think Crowder and/or Bradley, factoring in their age, prime and contract status, would offer more value in additional trades from the Pacers to another team than say Oladipo and Sabonis? If so, again this was a missed opportunity if you're looking for cap space and draft picks. Just because of Boston not including a pick in a potential trade, does not overshadow the fact that there is more value in a trade that would have netted Crowder and Bradley.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As opposed to someone who bitches out for over two months because his team got annihilated in the Finals?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As opposed to someone who bitches out for over two months because his team got annihilated in the Finals?

lmfao this asshole ran from here like he was on fire...

and now he's trying to talk shit about everyone elses teams like his is gonna be anything but a runner-up...:lol:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and now he's trying to talk shit about everyone elses teams like his is gonna be anything but a runner-up...:lol:

Last season was fun. Lakers got Lonzo out of it.

Cavs got a participation medal, a 2nd place ribbon out of it, and we lost wiggy for two months.

Love it!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not necessarily. Irving demanded a trade after CP3 was dealt to the Rockets (Cleveland could've swapped CP3 for Irving). Yet the Cavs are still holding onto him until they get fair value. Your organization just sucks.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey guys! Cavs have the 2nd best odds to win a title and we're going to finish runner up to the Warriors again!! Suck it!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you please copy this post and send it to the Redskins front office?

Because in reality, the dumbest thing is when the FO plays hardball in contract negotiations with that franchise QB.

#futureniner