• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This game to me all falls on Kaep.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hadn't seen the all-22. I think Patton gets 5-7 on that. And if Davis can get a block, who knows? For that matter, the RB (Hunter?) had some space if we could've gotten the ball to him, though it would've been a tough throw. The idea of the play was ok, but it would've been really tough to complete that ball given the coverage. It's unlucky it was picked - that was a very good play by the LB to get over there and help (though again, Kap looking right to Crabtree allowed him to do it).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't seen the all-22. I think Patton gets 5-7 on that. And if Davis can get a block, who knows? For that matter, the RB (Hunter?) had some space if we could've gotten the ball to him, though it would've been a tough throw. The idea of the play was ok, but it would've been really tough to complete that ball given the coverage. It's unlucky it was picked - that was a very good play by the LB to get over there and help (though again, Kap looking right to Crabtree allowed him to do it).

I don't know if you saw it but someone posted an article by Cossell saying that Malcolm Smith let Hunter be open knowing that would get nothing and use the clock. (Don't tackle him just defend, I don't know). If he had defended Hunter, he wouldn't have intercepted it. :gaah:

Last edited by a moderator:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes back to Kap's poor decision n mental thinking... He said it himself that he was going to throw to Crabtree one on one and I understand the faith n trust factor, no shame there but as a QB its his responsibility to make the best throw or play...neither he did.

Sherman was never out of the play nor behind Crabtree from live to replays... Where was Kap going to place it? For him to throw it over SHerman would be overthrowing Crabs in the process... There was no window there at all... hence why I'm so flustered and rage like with Kap. WTF did he see?

Also, its not like he was being pressured or facing a near sack to force it either, seemed like he had the time.

To add to underthrowing Crabtree, Kap has not been the best with the fade routes, especially in the endzone...even with Moss n the last play of the SB for the offense. Crabtree hasn't been a guy to "go after it" in the endzone either, he's great between the 20s but jumpballs weren't his thing IIRC as a niner.

that just adds more misery n questions as wtf happened n why did it happen? against an all pro CB nevertheless.

Calamity, obviously you and I have different ideas to what could've happened on that play. That's fine, no biggy.

Agree to disagree! :suds:

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know if you saw it but someone posted an article by Cossell saying that Malcolm Smith let Hunter be open knowing that would get nothing and use the clock. (Don't tackle him just defend, I don't know). If he had defended Hunter, he wouldn't have intercepted it. :gaah:

Looking at the video replay, Malcolm Smith did not have Hunter as his responsibility. The replay will show you he was already dropping back in coverage and drifting to the right. The other ILB covered Hunter by cutting underneath the passing lane and he had safety help up top.. The only way to get the ball to Hunter at that point was to lob it over the LB...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah, but we still had what, two TOs left? I think the clear safe play there was to Patton. Try to get inside the 15 so you have some wider passing angles into the endzone.

As far as this game being entirely on Kap, though, I disagree. He played very well in the first half. He was composed, decisive, and basically was our offense. Admittedly much of that was with his feet, but Davis had two drops and Boldin had one, so he wasn't getting a whole lot of help early on. The 4th quarter was a disaster, but if the D hadn't had three serious lapses, he wouldn't have had to press the way he was.

I'm far from sold on Kap as the future. He's still limited as a passer, and I'd need to see a decent amount of improvement before I considered extending him with a big-time contract. But it's not fair to fault him for this one.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, and question: are these All-22 gifs available somewhere? Or are folks just creating them purely to place in here? I'd love to take a look at a couple other plays from that game.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as this game being entirely on Kap, though, I disagree. He played very well in the first half. He was composed, decisive, and basically was our offense. Admittedly much of that was with his feet, but Davis had two drops and Boldin had one, so he wasn't getting a whole lot of help early on. The 4th quarter was a disaster, but if the D hadn't had three serious lapses, he wouldn't have had to press the way he was.

I'm far from sold on Kap as the future. He's still limited as a passer, and I'd need to see a decent amount of improvement before I considered extending him with a big-time contract. But it's not fair to fault him for this one.

Agree with the first paragraph, as for the 2nd paragraph, I think Kaepernick is the future but he has to develop in all the ways we've talked about ad nauseum, but I don't think his deficiencies in those areas are unusual for a developing quarterback coming from a non pro style offense in college. Next year is pivotal.

As for the GIFs, I've just googled gifs and the play I wanted to post, you'll get a lot of hits.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree with the first paragraph, as for the 2nd paragraph, I think Kaepernick is the future but he has to develop in all the ways we've talked about ad nauseum, but I don't think his deficiencies in those areas are unusual for a developing quarterback coming from a non pro style offense in college. Next year is pivotal.

As for the GIFs, I've just googled gifs and the play I wanted to post, you'll get a lot of hits.

"Far from sold" probably overstates it. I think Kap is supremely talented, I think he's smart, and I think he's a hard worker. But lots of guys have had those things and still failed. "Getting it" as an NFL QB is tough to do. I'm not entirely confident Kap will get it based on what I've seen to date. He showed some improvement this year, but not much. Most of his flaws from last year at this time remain. Until he can show more ability reading the D and going through progressions, I would be very reluctant to give him a big contract.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Brother Crimson for being sensible and not looking at everything through homer colored glasses. That's for Seahawks fans, not 49ers fans.

I totally agree with everything you said.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for not showing much improvement this year, let's remember last year he started for half a year, I expected more improvement in some aspects of his game but I'm beginning to think now that was a little unrealistic. He has a ways to go, but still.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Patton was freaking open. That's all I'm gonna say about the last play.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no where for Kap to place the ball that Crabtree could've got it... the whole notion of being an inch or two off is bullsh*t by harbaugh and others who believe this...

Crabs WAS NEVER OPEN from the LOS to the end of play, WTF Kap saw leaves me mad and bewildered...

if that fucking fuck just turned his head left, we could've pulled this off..

He should have never made that throw

I would have to disagree with ya on that. Agree to disagree.

The ball if placed a little better could have been caught. Same is said for every throw in the nfl.

Either way I don't think anybody likes that kap already decided to go to crabs on that play. Especially with 2 timeouts and it being first down and against one of the best CBs. I don't hate the idea of the throw 100% as most qbs will take 1 on 1 coverage. It's easy for us to point out the open guys after the fact. Crabs could of made a better attempt to jump for that ball. It is what it is. Sherman made the play.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patton was freaking open. That's all I'm gonna say about the last play.

I've explained this, please follow along. Patton SEEMS open. Seattle is playing zone, most likely a dime.

Patton has a guy to his right and a safety over top, he is NOT open! Boldin is open, which is better destination to throw. If Hunter runs a route to the flat, he's open, but he sits in the middle of that zone.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've explained this, please follow along. Patton SEEMS open. Seattle is playing zone, most likely a dime.

Patton has a guy to his right and a safety over top, he is NOT open! Boldin is open, which is better destination to throw. If Hunter runs a route to the flat, he's open, but he sits in the middle of that zone.

Doesn't matter if they are in a zone or man to man. Patton is open for atleast a 5 yard gain.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter if they are in a zone or man to man. Patton is open for atleast a 5 yard gain.

It certainly does matter if they're in zone or man! The play completely changes if they're in man coverage. Patton seems open because in Defensive Backs 101, zone coverage means you cover a zone, not a man, which makes it look like Patton was open. Patton runs that pattern to pull that FS over. Boldin was open, had Hunter actually run a route to the flat, he's open and runs OB.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It certainly does matter if they're in zone or man! The play completely changes if they're in man coverage. Patton seems open because in Defensive Backs 101, zone coverage means you cover a zone, not a man, which makes it look like Patton was open. Patton runs that pattern to pull that FS over. Boldin was open, had Hunter actually run a route to the flat, he's open and runs OB.

That makes absolutely no sense.

There isn't a defender within 10 yards of Patton. There is no way they could have defended that, no matter what "scheme" they are in. You are only poster I have seen on multiple forums that said Patton isn't open.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wait, you do realize Patton is the player bascially sittiing on the 20yrd line right?

1_zps7ba2a535.gif

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the play, if Kap looked right, then looked left, Patton would have gained 7 to 8 yards and gone out of bounds at the 10-yard line. It was first down and Niners had time to run at least four plays especially with two timeouts. The execution of the play was poor. The pass was underthrown and Crabtree created no separation from Sherman.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Plus if u pay attention. Smith starts running hard @ the 10. Bcuz CK7 never looked anywhere else on the play. Now I don't think he deserves all the blame. But the captain goes down with the ship.