• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This game to me all falls on Kaep.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait, you do realize Patton is the player bascially sittiing on the 20yrd line right?

1_zps7ba2a535.gif

It's hard to determine closing speed and blocking... and it's hard to convince anyone on either side that their guess on closing speed is wrong. I know it must be somewhere in the middle of 0 and 18. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks to me that Patton, if he were the first read, would have gotten to the 9 or 10. Out of bounds. But if you expect Kaepernick to go through all his reads, I don't know what it would be. It also seems that Patton knew the ball wasn't ever going to go to him, he was just a safety valve. If he had stopped like he did and then ran to the open area and Kaepernick looked for him maybe he'd get to the 10 anyway. Chances are though if Kaepernick was making his reads and Patton ran and he went there, Kaepernick probably would have telegraphed it or the defense would've picked up on it and minimize the gain.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes absolutely no sense.

There isn't a defender within 10 yards of Patton. There is no way they could have defended that, no matter what "scheme" they are in. You are only poster I have seen on multiple forums that said Patton isn't open.

He didn't say Patton wasn't open, he just thinks it is minimal gain. Someone said Maiocco said it would have been three yards, as if a journalist is some expert. You can't compare this to an INT (the result), only to the catch/incompletion/interception possibilities if throwing to Crabtree. Every option (besides a different turnover) including a sack would be better than the result of the play. So that can't be part of the analysis, unless throwing to Crabtree had been a sure INT like the Chancellor one.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes absolutely no sense.

There isn't a defender within 10 yards of Patton. There is no way they could have defended that, no matter what "scheme" they are in. You are only poster I have seen on multiple forums that said Patton isn't open.

Fine, not gonna continue to argue points I do for a living!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louie26's previous post "Patton has a guy to his right and a safety over top, he is NOT open!"

My fault. I must have confused him with another poster. I think I was thinking of AC's thread come to think of it. I think Louie is a version of me, just defending Kaepernick instead of Smith. We'll both acknowledge the faults of our QB, but try to add context like it being a team game. Some will interpret our posts as giving no fault to our QB. Both of us are Niner fans first. Purguy12 is Viper for Kaepernick, if you know what I mean. Just kidding, he just loves Kaepernick and has his reasons, I don't blame him!

Last edited by a moderator:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fault. I must have confused him with another poster. I think I was thinking of AC's thread come to think of it. I think Louie is a version of me, just defending Kaepernick instead of Smith. We'll both acknowledge the faults of our QB, but try to add context like it being a team game. Some will interpret our posts as giving no fault to our QB. Both of us are Niner fans first. Purguy12 is Viper for Kaepernick, if you know what I mean. Just kidding, he just loves Kaepernick and has his reasons, I don't blame him!

MHS,

Good post. However, as a HS FB coach, I watch NFL/College games differently. I will watch for coverages,schemes,etc. Not all the time, but on occasion. I'm definitely not calling out anyone because I have no idea people's backgrounds and football knowledge. The one thing I won't do, is demand that I'm right, all the time. What one person sees, I may have a different view. That's what makes these boards great, the difference of opinion. I think most of us are still trying to find a reason why the Niners lost.

:suds:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's a game that you fault Kap for not being great when he needed to be great.

The loss itself is the quintessentially team loss as there was some let downs in all 3 phases of the game that burnt us.

I just can't solely pin it on Kap considering he was like 99% we had 308 total yards and Kap was involved with 283 of them. So we're only in a position to win it at the end because of what Kap did up until that point.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a game that you fault Kap for not being great when he needed to be great.

The loss itself is the quintessentially team loss as there was some let downs in all 3 phases of the game that burnt us.

I just can't solely pin it on Kap considering he was like 99% we had 308 total yards and Kap was involved with 283 of them. So we're only in a position to win it at the end because of what Kap did up until that point.

:agree::suds:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing it I didn't see anyone else open except for the player all the way on the left and we would of got maybe 4-8 yards. It would of been a dump pass and no way Kap was looking to dump the ball off. he was going for it all on that play. His mistake was that he didn't throw it to his other shoulder or higher. He admits that it should of been placed better where only Kap had a shot or worst case its incomplete.

After seeing it again I don't blame him. You can see he was going to Crabtree no matter what. If he pumped fake and then decided to dump the ball off he would of been sacked.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing it I didn't see anyone else open except for the player all the way on the left and we would of got maybe 4-8 yards. It would of been a dump pass and no way Kap was looking to dump the ball off. he was going for it all on that play. His mistake was that he didn't throw it to his other shoulder or higher. He admits that it should of been placed better where only Kap had a shot or worst case its incomplete.

Boldin

After seeing it again I don't blame him. You can see he was going to Crabtree no matter what. If he pumped fake and then decided to dump the ball off he would of been sacked.

BTW Purguy, you happy about Tanaka?? Lots of money!!!

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Tanaka can be just as good(or better lol) as Darvish... we need some hope in pitching again lol

NO SH*T! Then the $155 Million would be worth it!! Good call!! Seems like the guy has a rubber arm. I've heard stories where he'd pitch well into a game one night and pitch again the next!??

That seems like a stretch, but who knows!!

PATIENTLY WAITING FOR BASEBALL!!!! :thumb:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait, you do realize Patton is the player bascially sittiing on the 20yrd line right?

1_zps7ba2a535.gif

Seeing this hurts me over n over...

in gods honest truth, if one were to rank the best pass to be made it would be Patton, Boldin, Davis, Hunter n Crabtree.... Kap goes for coal...

It should be us in the superbowl... but fuck me.....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO SH*T! Then the $155 Million would be worth it!! Good call!! Seems like the guy has a rubber arm. I've heard stories where he'd pitch well into a game one night and pitch again the next!??

That seems like a stretch, but who knows!!

PATIENTLY WAITING FOR BASEBALL!!!! :thumb:

IDK if you're pro Yankees but I tell you... anyone good coming into NY usually flames out after a season lol.... especially the pitchers. I know I want the NY pitching staff to not touch Tanaka just like when I wanted the hitting coach have no part with Ichiro...

and stupid CC getting all slim is losing his game! lol COME ON MAN

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if you're pro Yankees but I tell you... anyone good coming into NY usually flames out after a season lol.... especially the pitchers. I know I want the NY pitching staff to not touch Tanaka just like when I wanted the hitting coach have no part with Ichiro...

and stupid CC getting all slim is losing his game! lol COME ON MAN

Not a Yankee fan, but that's simply because of the success they've had. Can't deny the greatness they are. Basically the Lakers of the MLB!

LOL on the hitting/pitching coaches!

As far as the previous post with the play to Crab, the reason we may be seeing different things is I swore Patton was in the endzone??!! And Boldin on the 20! If in fact I'm wrong, my bad! Then without question, Patton is the man to throw to. :doh:

Glad we could get that straight!! :suds:

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kaep didn't have a lot of time to make the reads as the right side got blown up. The only other thing would be Davis not running a curl pattern, if he keeps going straight the D has to honor that. Then if Kaep makes the throw to Patton he would have more room than 10 yds and a out of bounds play. Overall,I'm in agreement that it was bad execution.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Yankee fan, but that's simply because of the success they've had. Can't deny the greatness they are. Basically the Lakers of the MLB!

LOL on the hitting/pitching coaches!

As far as the previous post with the play to Crab, the reason we may be seeing different things is I swore Patton was in the endzone??!! And Boldin on the 20! If in fact I'm wrong, my bad! Then without question, Patton is the man to throw to. :doh:

Glad we could get that straight!! :suds:

Cheers :suds:

Originally, during live I thought it was Davis in the endzone rather than Boldin but its reversed.... cuz I heard Davis was mad afterwards and I thought that was why...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep didn't have a lot of time to make the reads as the right side got blown up. The only other thing would be Davis not running a curl pattern, if he keeps going straight the D has to honor that. Then if Kaep makes the throw to Patton he would have more room than 10 yds and a out of bounds play. Overall,I'm in agreement that it was bad execution.

2 guys rushed from the right with a 3rd late from the left, he had a clean pocket.

Kap actually had cement shoes cuz he did not step up or step in his throw... the guy stood there in one stance n not moved....