• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This game to me all falls on Kaep.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to backtrack a little bit and modify my opinion after thinking about it, hopefully this doesn't violate the usual message board rules of sticking to an original emotional position no matter what.
I think that given the circumstances, he made the best throw he could, he probably should have been aware enough that it would take a perfect throw to get a td if he didn't have absolute confidence in the throw he should have dumped it off. So I'm coming around to thinking it was the throw as much if not more than the decision.
And this whole thing of blaming it on Kaep is weird, the guy was the leading rusher for our team, he made some amazing throws at other points, but he needs to learn how to throw that sideline pass that Chancellor made an interception on better or not throw it. He's also at the team facilities the day after -- raking him over the coals like this is starting to get a little embarrassing.

:agree::thumb:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1_zps7ba2a535.gif

I don't even see how a perfect throw or a throw further in the end-zone would have been completed. There was literally, 0 separation. Sherman is right with him stride for stride and is a big corner and who is taller then Crabtree. There is no where to get a completion.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially when the receiver catches the ball with his body after waiting for the pass to get to him. Rogers had plenty opportunity to prevent that completion.

:agree::suds:

Seems as time has gone on, more people understand that the responsibility for loss was a team one. I cannot fathom the small minds that think Kaep was SOLELY to blame??

Tunnel vision?? :noidea:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1_zps7ba2a535.gif

I don't even see how a perfect throw or a throw further in the end-zone would have been completed. There was literally, 0 separation. Sherman is right with him stride for stride and is a big corner and who is taller then Crabtree. There is no where to get a completion.

He does state in his post game interview that he should've thrown it to where ONLY Crab could get it. Which means if Crabtree doesn't get it, nobody does. It was simply under thrown!

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He does state in his post game interview that he should've thrown it to where ONLY Crab could get it. Which means if Crabtree doesn't get it, nobody does. It was simply under thrown!

Where is a spot that only crab could get it? Shermans right there and faster then Crabtree.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to think of it, I probably would've thrown the ball to Hunter there. If he runs a route to the flat, he's WIDE open, but he sits. You can see that Boldin and Patton appear "open" but in that zone, both guys are covered, you really never know the closing speed of these guys. If those DB's (FS/CB) see #7's eyes shift their way, Defensive Backs 101. Pretty simple really. Also, the more I watch this play, Harbaugh TOLD Kaep to throw it to Crab in the corner. As I stated earlier, simply under thrown!

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is a spot that only crab could get it? Shermans right there and faster then Crabtree.

That's the point, he should've seen that he wasn't open and threw it deeper to the corner, exactly as Kaep said in his interview. The ball was thrown about a yard into the endzone, not deep enough.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1_zps7ba2a535.gif

One thing I noticed after watching a few times. It Seens crab could of made a better attempt to jump towards the ball as well. Especially vs Sherman.

It was an ok throw but could of been higher. Sherman just made the play and we didn't.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I noticed after watching a few times. It Seens crab could of made a better attempt to jump towards the ball as well. Especially vs Sherman.

It was an ok throw but could of been higher. Sherman just made the play and we didn't.

Deeper! Nobody behind Crab!!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to think of it, I probably would've thrown the ball to Hunter there. If he runs a route to the flat, he's WIDE open, but he sits. You can see that Boldin and Patton appear "open" but in that zone, both guys are covered, you really never know the closing speed of these guys. If those DB's (FS/CB) see #7's eyes shift their way, Defensive Backs 101. Pretty simple really. Also, the more I watch this play, Harbaugh TOLD Kaep to throw it to Crab in the corner. As I stated earlier, simply under thrown!

There was an article by Cossell that said that Malcolm Smith, the guy that got the interception, did a great job not going for Hunter. He let Hunter open knowing that they would stop him if caught and run the clock. And it an inexperienced and unthinking Malcolm Smith would have tried to stop that pass and then not have gotten the interception.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deeper! Nobody behind Crab!!

Do you think Sherman would've adjusted his route if the ball were higher or farther? Or where he was was his maximum depth of coverage? It looks like the throw was only inches off where he gets his hand on it but he's also reacting to the ball. So if the ball were in a different place, Sherman would probably also be in a different place. Therefore, as Kaepernick was saying, the only way to throw a completed pass is if it were only where Crabtree could get it - which means not just inches higher.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an article by Cossell that said that Malcolm Smith, the guy that got the interception, did a great job not going for Hunter. He let Hunter open knowing that they would stop him if caught and run the clock. And it an inexperienced and unthinking Malcolm Smith would have tried to stop that pass and then not have gotten the interception.

Can't disagree, but it's hindsight.

If Hunter runs a route to the flat, he's wide open, he simply sits down.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's the point, he should've seen that he wasn't open and threw it deeper to the corner, exactly as Kaep said in his interview. The ball was thrown about a yard into the endzone, not deep enough.

I'm confused. What does deeper do? Sherman is right there. It wouldn't change anything.

If he had him by a step I could possibly buy into this theory but there was 0 separation.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Sherman would've adjusted his route if the ball were higher or farther? Or where he was was his maximum depth of coverage? It looks like the throw was only inches off where he gets his hand on it but he's also reacting to the ball. So if the ball were in a different place, Sherman would probably also be in a different place. Therefore, as Kaepernick was saying, the only way to throw a completed pass is if it were only where Crabtree could get it - which means not just inches higher.

Yeah, possibly.

But Crab was behind Sherman, Crab had to come back to the ball, which makes it seem that he's (Sherman) in good position. I'm not disagreeing completely, I also think closer to the corner, where, if it's caught by anyone, it's Crab.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. What does deeper do? Sherman is right there. It wouldn't change anything.

If he had him by a step I could possibly buy into this theory but there was 0 separation.

That ball was under thrown. Crab had Sherman in front of him, if the ball is behind Crab, it's gonna be damn hard to get around Crabtree to get that ball.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no where for Kap to place the ball that Crabtree could've got it... the whole notion of being an inch or two off is bullsh*t by harbaugh and others who believe this...

Crabs WAS NEVER OPEN from the LOS to the end of play, WTF Kap saw leaves me mad and bewildered...

if that fucking fuck just turned his head left, we could've pulled this off..

He should have never made that throw

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There was no where for Kap to place the ball that Crabtree could've got it... the whole notion of being an inch or two off is bullsh*t by harbaugh and others who believe this...

Crabs WAS NEVER OPEN from the LOS to the end of play, WTF Kap saw leaves me mad and bewildered...

Exactly

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, that ball shouldn't have been thrown to Crabtree. But you need to watch the play from a closer view. They just showed the play on SC, Sherman tipped that ball with the tips of his fingers. But I'm not arguing that the ball was simply inches away. The fact is that Kaep under threw Crabtree. I'm also not saying you are wrong here, the point was this, he should've thrown that ball deeper into the endzone, where only Crabtree can catch it, whether Crab catches it is neither here nor there.

I would agree that if he throws the ball to Boldin, he's better off. Patton on the other hand, not so much.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, that ball shouldn't have been thrown to Crabtree. But you need to watch the play from a closer view. They just showed the play on SC, Sherman tipped that ball with the tips of his fingers. But I'm not arguing that the ball was simply inches away. The fact is that Kaep under threw Crabtree. I'm also not saying you are wrong here, the point was this, he should've thrown that ball deeper into the endzone, where only Crabtree can catch it, whether Crab catches it is neither here nor there.

I would agree that if he throws the ball to Boldin, he's better off. Patton on the other hand, not so much.

It goes back to Kap's poor decision n mental thinking... He said it himself that he was going to throw to Crabtree one on one and I understand the faith n trust factor, no shame there but as a QB its his responsibility to make the best throw or play...neither he did.

Sherman was never out of the play nor behind Crabtree from live to replays... Where was Kap going to place it? For him to throw it over SHerman would be overthrowing Crabs in the process... There was no window there at all... hence why I'm so flustered and rage like with Kap. WTF did he see?

Also, its not like he was being pressured or facing a near sack to force it either, seemed like he had the time.

To add to underthrowing Crabtree, Kap has not been the best with the fade routes, especially in the endzone...even with Moss n the last play of the SB for the offense. Crabtree hasn't been a guy to "go after it" in the endzone either, he's great between the 20s but jumpballs weren't his thing IIRC as a niner.

that just adds more misery n questions as wtf happened n why did it happen? against an all pro CB nevertheless.