• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This game to me all falls on Kaep.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this, was it the right decision to throw that ball to Crab? No way!! But I guess my posts have been to all those that have said it's all Kaep's fault. This couldn't be more dumb. As far as arrogance goes, what NFL player isn't? If his arrogance prevents him from learning and getting better, well then, there's the door!

That's the fear.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap was just being diplomatic when he said he lost the game. He wasn't the only player who made mistakes. It was a team loss, but he is very arrogant. To say that he would throw again at Sherman is idiotic. Crabtree couldn't get any separation. Is Kap actually going to force the issue again the next time around or will he do something differently? How about not locking on to a receiver? How about looking at the other half of the field? Crabtree is not the only receiver on the field. How about admitting that he made a mistake and then learning from it. That would be nice to hear from Kap. His arrogance and unwillingness to change will be his downfall.

I think that if it weren't for the hold in the Super Bowl game, he may have learned something about focusing on Crabtree those three plays. Instead, he felt gypped. If he had just overthrown the pass to Crabtree in the Super Bowl and there was no hold, than he would've considered that because there'd be more focus on that. But he made the same mistake here, as a lot of quarterbacks would in choosing the receiver before they snap the ball. I think Stafford gets some interceptions this way focusing on Megatron. Of course, Megatron > Crabtree, so Kaepernick wouldn't be in the same position if we had Megatron.

NinersForLife

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admitting he lost the game for the team isn't good enough for you?? Give me my ball, I'm going home! :L

Not if after he admits he lost the game that he says he would make the same decision again. That's stupidity. There were other options on that play (some wide open) with plenty of time and timeouts remaining and he decided to do what he usually does, lock on to one target and throw it regardless.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sick of this reactionary BULLSHIT most sports fan spew.

ALL on Kaepernick? No, it's not ALL on Kaepernick. Gore going 11 for 14 yards wasn't a part of it? Special teams letting Baldwin get a 70 yarder wasn't a part of it? Reid and Whitner letting Baldwin catch a deep ball after the play broke down wasn't a part of it?

Kaepernick was HORRIBLE in the 4th, but give me a fucking break.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I had a one-on-one matchup with Crab," Kaepernick said. "I'll take that every time."

Even against Sherman?

"Against anyone," he said.

"I had a one-on-one matchup with Crab," Kaepernick said. "I'll take that every time."

Even against Sherman?

"Against anyone," he said.

Stupid fuck just does not get it. he still doesn't think he made a mistake. And he'll never get better until he does.

If you read the rest of the quote, Kaepernick admitted that he should've thrown the ball deeper into the corner. He conceded that it was not a good throw.

That said, I don't think this is anymore than Kaepernick just trying to say that Crabtree > Sherman. Stop reaching like a midget.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read the rest of the quote, Kaepernick admitted that he should've thrown the ball deeper into the corner. He conceded that it was not a good throw.

That said, I don't think this is anymore than Kaepernick just trying to say that Crabtree > Sherman. Stop reaching like a midget.

I'm not concerned about a poor pass, that happens from time to time. What really concerns me is the poor decision in trying to make that throw in the first place. They still had a lot of time and 3 timeouts.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not concerned about a poor pass, that happens from time to time. What really concerns me is the poor decision in trying to make that throw in the first place. They still had a lot of time and 3 timeouts.

I don't have a problem with the decision. I have a problem with the throw. There was room to throw that in a spot where only Crabs can make a play on it.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with the decision. I have a problem with the throw. There was room to throw that in a spot where only Crabs can make a play on it.

I have a problem with the decision and the throw, especially when, according to the film reports, Patton and VD were open and they had plenty o time left.
I like his brash way of playing, but he needs to be able to see more of the field, and if he's going to decide to make that gambling throw anyway, he has to be perfect with the throw, if he can't be perfect, don't make the throw because getting Crab in the end zone required a perfect throw.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so sick of this reactionary BULLSHIT most sports fan spew.

ALL on Kaepernick? No, it's not ALL on Kaepernick. Gore going 11 for 14 yards wasn't a part of it? Special teams letting Baldwin get a 70 yarder wasn't a part of it? Reid and Whitner letting Baldwin catch a deep ball after the play broke down wasn't a part of it?

Kaepernick was HORRIBLE in the 4th, but give me a fucking break.

At least you get it. Thank you

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a problem with the decision and the throw, especially when, according to the film reports, Patton and VD were open and they had plenty o time left.
I like his brash way of playing, but he needs to be able to see more of the field, and if he's going to decide to make that gambling throw anyway, he has to be perfect with the throw, if he can't be perfect, don't make the throw because getting Crab in the end zone required a perfect throw.

I disagree. We were putting a drive together and the defense were on their heals. Crabtree was matched 1 on 1 and albeit it was against Sherman, it was a good time to hit the endzone. If the throw was more up and to the corner, worse case scenario it's an incomplete pass.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. We were putting a drive together and the defense were on their heals. Crabtree was matched 1 on 1 and albeit it was against Sherman, it was a good time to hit the endzone. If the throw was more up and to the corner, worse case scenario it's an incomplete pass.

Plus, the closer you get to the endzone, the harder it is to complete a pass into the endzone. A short gain on a pass could have worked against us there, and it didn't appear we would be able to run it in for a TD. Perhaps it was worth the gamble to try to go to Crabs there. I'm not gonna second guess that decision anymore.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, the closer you get to the endzone, the harder it is to complete a pass into the endzone. A short gain on a pass could have worked against us there, and it didn't appear we would be able to run it in for a TD. Perhaps it was worth the gamble to try to go to Crabs there. I'm not gonna second guess that decision anymore.

It wasn't a bad decision. Like Clyde stated if the ball was a foot or 2 higher we probably win. Or if the linebacker wasn't running downfield for the tip we would have had more chances. Still think we should have taken a timeout before that play anyways

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a bad decision. Like Clyde stated if the ball was a foot or 2 higher we probably win. Or if the linebacker wasn't running downfield for the tip we would have had more chances. Still think we should have taken a timeout before that play anyways

Yeah, me too. I was surprised they didn't call a timeout, but maybe they had already decided that they would run two plays before calling their second timeout, or they figured that they would quickly run another play so that the defense wouldn't have time to collect themselves.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? 20 points in the second half? Aldon jumping offsides on the TD on 4th and 8? Reid juked out of his shoes on the Lynch TD?

Nope. The D came up incredibly small in the second half. Rogers needs to be replaced. Kap was bad, but the D was worse.

The Lynch TD, the 4th and a mile TD pass, and the 60 yard Kick return after we scored a TD were the 3 biggest reasons we lost. Period.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, cant give up a 30 yard TD on 4th and 7

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going to backtrack a little bit and modify my opinion after thinking about it, hopefully this doesn't violate the usual message board rules of sticking to an original emotional position no matter what.
I think that given the circumstances, he made the best throw he could, he probably should have been aware enough that it would take a perfect throw to get a td if he didn't have absolute confidence in the throw he should have dumped it off. So I'm coming around to thinking it was the throw as much if not more than the decision.
And this whole thing of blaming it on Kaep is weird, the guy was the leading rusher for our team, he made some amazing throws at other points, but he needs to learn how to throw that sideline pass that Chancellor made an interception on better or not throw it. He's also at the team facilities the day after -- raking him over the coals like this is starting to get a little embarrassing.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lynch TD, the 4th and a mile TD pass, and the 60 yard Kick return after we scored a TD were the 3 biggest reasons we lost. Period.

I'd add the fumble and first INT to that list and make it the 5 biggest, in no order. The last play welllllll behind any of those. Who knows if the handoff that Gore got pinned on his knee would've gone for a first? I'm not isolating that play, I'm just saying that any play could lead to another.

For example, when Kaepernick fumbled the ball and Goodwin recovered, the very next play we had that touchdown. If that ball had gone to somebody else, the Chancellor interception would'nt've happened and maybe we would've won the game or maybe we would've lost. Any one play can change it either way. Even the negative play could change the game to the point where we win.

Think about the bogus Bowman play (no don't think about the injury part, just the fumble recovery), we got the ball nine yards further on the next play. If the play has been called correctly, who knows if we would've had a safety the next play? (Ironically on a bogus intentional grounding pass from the end zone, maybe.) Most likely, but not definite, we would've had to punt the ball away. Maybe we go on a 99 yard touchdown drive?

Last edited by a moderator:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, cant give up a 30 yard TD on 4th and 7

Especially when the receiver catches the ball with his body after waiting for the pass to get to him. Rogers had plenty opportunity to prevent that completion.