• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This game to me all falls on Kaep.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly to talk shit, you always wind up looking dumb at some point. One reason why I like the 49er board so much is that it's substantive 0-- there's not a lot, hardly any, threads about how great the team is, etc. I learn a lot.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to point out, that Joe Montana said he didn't really "get it" as a QB until his 3rd or 4th year. He said that Walsh demanded that balls be thrown to certain spots and thrown a certain way. He never understood that until a few years in. Kap won't be Montana, but I don't think we need to hit the panic button.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to point out, that Joe Montana said he didn't really "get it" as a QB until his 3rd or 4th year. He said that Walsh demanded that balls be thrown to certain spots and thrown a certain way. He never understood that until a few years in. Kap won't be Montana, but I don't think we need to hit the panic button.

I'm old enough to remember him sitting for a couple of years and being gradually worked in by Walsh. People forget that and they forget that Kaep did not come from a pro style offense in college, it may take him a bit. I'm not panicking yet.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm old enough to remember him sitting for a couple of years and being gradually worked in by Walsh. People forget that and they forget that Kaep did not come from a pro style offense in college, it may take him a bit. I'm not panicking yet.

I'm old enough too........dang!

yeah ok, we're not panicking and what we're looking for is improvement. doesn't need to be 'leaps and bounds', but certainly show improvement in the passing game. he's had good passing games already, so 'improvement' would be more consistency with those good games.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly to talk shit, you always wind up looking dumb at some point. One reason why I like the 49er board so much is that it's substantive 0-- there's not a lot, hardly any, threads about how great the team is, etc. I learn a lot.

Shit talking with people you know is lots of fun. I have friends/co-workers/family who are Cards/Rams/Seahawks fans and going back and forth with them is great. If the Niners lose then I take their shit like a man and hope for better next year. Shit talking on the internet is a different animal and one I am glad to avoid.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Heck people don't remember Young wasn't exactly a polished pocket passer that could run in the 80's. He required some work before he became the Young of the 90's

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Heard Madden on sirius a week ago. Asked about Kap he said the he is young, he makes some great plays, a lot of good plays, some mediocre plays and some poor plays. he said as he gets experience he will naturally cut down on the mediocre and poor plays and has outstanding potential.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
After attending the Green Bay game and re-watching the Seattle game, I don't think we win at GB or come close against Seattle without Kap's play. Specifically, his running ability kept us in both of those games. He's still making mistakes but he has less than 2 full years in the NFL so I'm not worried at this point. Hopefully he works on the mental aspect of QB this offseason with reading defenses and knowing where his WRs are.

While he admitted he was going to Crabtree on the last play of the game and he decided when they lined up, he didn't have any time to run through progressions as he got hit after he threw it up. I agree that he could/should have thrown it deep so either Crab or nobody would get it. I also agree a timeout would have helped before the play to get a plan for the last 30 seconds. But hindsight is 20/20 and it doesn't make this loss any easier than the last 2 years. A game of inches and about 6-8 more inches on that throw and we would have been watching the 49ers media day this week.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After attending the Green Bay game and re-watching the Seattle game, I don't think we win at GB or come close against Seattle without Kap's play. Specifically, his running ability kept us in both of those games. He's still making mistakes but he has less than 2 full years in the NFL so I'm not worried at this point. Hopefully he works on the mental aspect of QB this offseason with reading defenses and knowing where his WRs are.

While he admitted he was going to Crabtree on the last play of the game and he decided when they lined up, he didn't have any time to run through progressions as he got hit after he threw it up. I agree that he could/should have thrown it deep so either Crab or nobody would get it. I also agree a timeout would have helped before the play to get a plan for the last 30 seconds. But hindsight is 20/20 and it doesn't make this loss any easier than the last 2 years. A game of inches and about 6-8 more inches on that throw and we would have been watching the 49ers media day this week.

yeah, good thing he runs very well, no question. he should improve in the passing area but the question is by how much? so without being able to answer that, the 49ers have to decide on a large extension or not? tend to think they'll try but not get it done.

btw - weren't these runs broken pass plays? if his passing game is a little more consistent, does he even need to run? don't recall many called runs or ZR's if looked at over the season?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know the ball was only 6 inches off, but if it were 6 inches higher I don't know if Richard Sherman would adjust. It looks like he's maxed out but he is a ball hawk. Maybe he jumps at a different time? I didn't see that much separation to think that he wouldn't have moved. If that were at the pylons then I think that's the best chance. Maybe he would have waited for Crabtree to touch it and then push him out of bounds? This is what I like about football - it can only happen one way - the way it does. Anything different from that and there's an adjustment or difference. There are exceptions like a dropped pass in the end zone at the last second of the game. But you know what I mean.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, good thing he runs very well, no question. he should improve in the passing area but the question is by how much? so without being able to answer that, the 49ers have to decide on a large extension or not? tend to think they'll try but not get it done.

btw - weren't these runs broken pass plays? if his passing game is a little more consistent, does he even need to run? don't recall many called runs or ZR's if looked at over the season?

This is what I kept trying to get at when people said that he was a whole offense. It's a team game, if he passed when he should have he might not have run so much, just like how if they had blocked how they should have or ran effectively, he wouldn't have had to run, it's more complicated than just looking at what the end result is and saying he was only reason they were there. Conversely, people cannot look at the three turnovers and say he was only reason we lost.