• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This game to me all falls on Kaep.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just noticed that for the first time just now while looking at one of the GIFs. The defensive lineman was coming fast.

It seems like other times, he would go to his left. That time seemed like he was trying to avoid that. He knew that every play was important and he didn't want to cut the field in half.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U do understand he only had time to make 1 read. He was about to get sacked.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A throw out of the endzone would not have been better? We could look at this play over and over again....but it was just one play...and Kap blew it.

Yes I agree and Kap agrees that he should of threw it where only Crabtree had a shot but he didn't. QBs make mistakes all the time. If anything maybe we should blame the play call. why call a go for it all play. They were moving down the field.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U do understand he only had time to make 1 read. He was about to get sacked.

Not if he bailed and ran left like he did a few times in the game. I wasn't asking him to bail. I'm just saying that was interesting that he didn't do it that time when the right side was getting pressure. In fact, I said that bailing would have cut the field in half so I wasn't suggesting that would have been a better thing to do.

Maybe you weren't talking to me, but I don't know when you don't quote anybody and I was the poster right before you.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no where to go. Look at the time play again. If he did run maybe he picks up 2-3 yards. with 30 sec left maybe he thought that wasn't the right way to go. I guess anything he did would of been better but in those moments he has been flawless so u have to trust his judgement. He has made so many big plays before so why not go with your 1st instincts.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no where to go. Look at the time play again. If he did run maybe he picks up 2-3 yards. with 30 sec left maybe he thought that wasn't the right way to go. I guess anything he did would of been better but in those moments he has been flawless so u have to trust his judgement. He has made so many big plays before so why not go with your 1st instincts.

No one is flawless, but I know what you mean, he has played well with this team. I didn't mean rushing to the left, I meant like he did on the fourth and 2 before the two minute warning. But that wasn't a suggestion, just an observation that he didn't bail left.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all stop with superlatives? We don't need to say "flawless," "top-five," "no improvement," "can't pass in the pocket," never, always, ever… We also need to stop putting it on the quarterback as if he's the only position. We also cannot act like he was only reason why we went to the Super Bowl last year. It's a team game and we had a pretty damn good team around every position. We also made team mistakes.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all stop with superlatives? We don't need to say "flawless," "top-five," "no improvement," "can't pass in the pocket," never, always, ever… We also need to stop putting it on the quarterback as if he's the only position. We also cannot act like he was only reason why we went to the Super Bowl last year. It's a team game and we had a pretty damn good team around every position. We also made team mistakes.

Exactly this. Among the other team mistakes was the inability to get any run game going and despite being super for most of the game made two ghastly horrible plays that led to 14 points.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHS, :10: :agree:

Could not agree more!! I think the talk of he's a dumb QB that can't make reads and go through progressions is getting old, too.

I know up to this point, he hasn't been great at it, but he's nowhere near his ceiling, in my opinion. If at this point next season, he's made NO progress, then maybe we can judge a bit more harsh.

Great post!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look we lost and it wasn't just because of Kap. Kap was our offense. He didn't get much help but the D did let up a little in the 2nd half. I think we didn't get a sack in the 2nd half and they let up 2 very big plays. Also blame this on the DC because he stopped being aggressive in the 2nd half for some reason when it was working in the 1st half.

We made it to the super bowl mainly because of Kap is also games he played. We made it a close game in the Super Bowl because of the great game he played and the D choked.

Overall I'm happy in the direction Kap is going in. Did he make a mistake on the last play yes but again it was the play call. He had enough time to make 1 read and the 1st read was Crabtree on that play. Maybe he should of just took the sack or ran it but he didn't and it was a bad throw. It happens. With no run game by Gore the whole offense was on Kap.

We will be back.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was inconsistent. Same, not more than offense. 23 points is reasonable. One team allowed 45 when they scored 44. They held Seattle to 6 points on three relatively short fields. They stripped Wilson once and the offense was unable to score a TD. Then, there were two gaffes, like the offense's first two gaffes (not counting the Sherman INT and two fumbles and one near fumble (Gore's knee) leading to one lost counted as one). Team game, but I think there are people who exaggerate each's responsibility, depending on time if day, apparently.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was inconsistent. Same, not more than offense. 23 points is reasonable. One team allowed 45 when they scored 44. They held Seattle to 6 points on three relatively short fields. They stripped Wilson once and the offense was unable to score a TD. Then, there were two gaffes, like the offense's first two gaffes (not counting the Sherman INT and two fumbles and one near fumble (Gore's knee) leading to one lost counted as one). Team game, but I think there are people who exaggerate each's responsibility, depending on time if day, apparently.

Here's how I see the team failures:

1. Defense giving up 4th and whatever td run to Lynch.
2. Defense giving up 4th and 7 TD pass from Russell Wilson.
3. Kaepernick throwing a pick that led to 3 points
4. Kaepernick's end of game pick.
5. The inability of the running game, which means Gore, and the oline, to establish any type of control.

All of those failures had a hand in the loss, but to me the defense was the main culprit -- those two tds were abysmal -- and for all the talk about how last year Kaep failed on the same end of game passes to Crabtree -- to me the defense and special teams gave up over 30 points in the Super Bowl. That's why I'm convinced we have to get a top notch cornerback to beef up the secondary. Between the Superbowl last year, and the NFC Title game --- we really needed our secondary to come through more.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5. The inability of the running game, which means Gore, and the oline, to establish any type of control.

All of those failures had a hand in the loss, but to me the defense was the main culprit -- those two tds were abysmal -- and for all the talk about how last year Kaep failed on the same end of game passes to Crabtree -- to me the defense and special teams gave up over 30 points in the Super Bowl. That's why I'm convinced we have to get a top notch cornerback to beef up the secondary. Between the Superbowl last year, and the NFC Title game --- we really needed our secondary to come through more.

I see it the other way, too.

What kept us in the game?

Kaepernick's runs.
Kaepernick's pass to Boldin.
Defense holding the Seahawks to three after the first INT.
Defense holding Seattle to zero after Kaepernick's fumble.
Defense stripping Wilson on first drive (offense unable to score TD).
Defenses overall ability to hold to 23. That is good enough for the offense we should be.
Goodwin's heads up fumble recovery.
Gore not fumbling off his knee.
Kaepernick's ability to score 17 points with our team.
Kaepernick-Gore fourth down conversion.

Team game. Both sides could, if they wanted, point fingers and they'd be right. Seattle also made plays on at least one TD, which any defense will give one play. Their defense made one play, the Sherman INT, where every offense will have a bad play. Timing and down was important, but we can't expect perfection. We need to limit those mistakes to one (no strip fumble, no Chancellor INT, one if those TDs can't happen - I'll let someone else decide which). Too many in total. Maybe those neutral plays (Goodwin recovery, Gore pinning it on his knee) would have been good plays? (The throw after Goodwin's play was a TD, but maybe we get the TD and in some alternate universe win? (Or lose worse?))

charles ponzi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Interesting view of last play:

(cut & paste if link doesn't work)

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZF8Tjz6rsQ"]NFC Championship game: game winning interception! - YouTube[/ame]

Kap actually looks to center of field, (but no one was buying) and then flings it to Crabtree/Sherman.

Had he locked on to Crabtree, maybe he doesn't throw it there, because he is literally blanketed.

You can see a lonely receiver in the left flat for a quick 5 & out of bounds or however many yards he can get.

Last edited by a moderator:

charles ponzi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For some reason the damn link won't work.

To see it, copy this onto youtube search:

NFC Championship game: game winning interception!

Its like 31 seconds and was taken from endzone seats and posted by smurphish.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yeah not doubt, all these plays had a hand in the loss.

your opinions are fine regarding the defense, but mine is the offense didn't come thru. they were OK between the 20's, but couldn't punch in another TD. as mentioned above, there was ZERO running game. and no good championship team can do it without effective running. granted, there is credit to Seattle's run D.

we get a turnover on the very first play, and couldn't get that TD.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFC Championship game: game winning interception! - YouTube

Kap actually looks to center of field, (but no one was buying) and then flings it to Crabtree/Sherman.

Had he locked on to Crabtree, maybe he doesn't throw it there, because he is literally blanketed.

You can see a lonely receiver in the left flat for a quick 5 & out of bounds or however many yards he can get.

Yeah that is an interesting view. I didn't realize Sherman had as much contact as he actually did.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(cut & paste if link doesn't work)

For a nano second maybe. Of course nobody bought it. There's also another receiver on the other side of the end zone wiiiiiide open for an easy score. How does Kaepernick not see this?

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis was being manhandled by Avril. As soon as Kap saw that the double move by Crabtree didn't work, he should have scrambled to the left and ran with the ball and gained 4 to 5 yards. At least you live to fight another down. There was a lot of contact on the last play, but Crabtree didn't have any separation. The refs are not going to throw a flag on that play. No separation, underthrown pass and a great play by Sherman and Smith.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap had a shitty 4th qtr, but there were a lot of what if's in that game. One big run by seattle was the difference in the game IMO. Look at the second game we played them-- Gore's big run at the end sealed the win for us. We'll be back, and Seattle is beatable at home. Kap will be alright. He's young, and at least WANTS to be better. Let's just hope more money doesn't change him.